Your Email Address:

First Name:

my experience of bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
orange111
Junior

my experience of bb

Post by orange111 »

hi, I've had this fkin condition since i was a young lad.

my breath goes sour after 40ish minutes of brushing. i use arm and hammer toothpaste and baking soda on my tongue.
i have alot of post nasal drip, i cant usually feel it after brushing my teeth.

after eating any food, my breath goes bad, almost instantly and my tongue gets coated white. i think post nasal drip has a contributing factor.

anyway, i want to try as many diff types of ''remedies'' as we can think of.

1) im thinking of nasal spray (strong stuff) as i usually have 1 nostril blocked up and blow my nose alot each day.
2) buy some hydrogen peroxide, should i gargle with this stuff?
3) i try and put water through my nose and drain it down but it sometimes gets to my head and hurts!!! when i do this alot of mucus comes out!
4) as soon as i eat anything it negates the effects of the toothpaste, so i cant see brushing as a cure.

what other things can i try? im being open minded so i'd try any remedies, i.e. for acid reflux.

Hal

Post by Hal »

Orange, Read the thread intitled "Fresh breath all day". I think it is the best routine to follow.

Hal
dreamweaver

Post by dreamweaver »

hey orange,

I have very similar, if not the same, symptoms as you.

Try these couple of things and see if it makes any difference.

1. As you saw from Tired's post, giving up dairy might help. Try to give up dairy for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

2. You can mix a little hydrogen peroxide with water and rinse with it. Gargling would be okay as well, just make sure not to swallow any.

3. This is what I'm trying right now and I see a minor difference in PND. I'm doing sinus wash every day in the morning. I got this Sinus Wash kit from CVS (came with a plastic neti pot) and I've been using it consistently for the past few days. I need to continue for a couple of weeks to see if symptoms improve even further. Give this a try and see if it does anything for you.

Keep us updated.

Good luck.
orange111
Junior

Post by orange111 »

i tried colgate total (gel) today and it left my teeth feeling very clean but after a while the back of my throat was tasting sour and tongue turning white. (this was after seeing the 'fresh breath all day' thread)

i need to irrigate my nose to get the mucus out, try and get some anti-bacterial spray for my throat.
TiredofThis

Post by TiredofThis »

Giving up dairy definitely helped me. I had cheese breath but I'm sure it could attribute to other types of breath odors as well. I gave it up for a week and my breath is fresh now. However, people at work still avoid me and think I still smell. It's going to take a while to prove them otherwise, but my life is so much easier now that I don't have to worry about bb every second of my life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic