Your Email Address:

First Name:

Need help!!!!! Can nasal polyps cause terrible bb????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
kissofthedragon
Total Newbie

Need help!!!!! Can nasal polyps cause terrible bb????

Post by kissofthedragon »

Hi everyone. This is my first post though i visit the site regularly. I am a 18 year old male suffering with chronic halitosis from 3-4 years now. It all started when a had an accident and fractured my nose a bit. I am suicidal at the moment and need some serious help. I will be joining college next month and i cant imagine myself living in a hostel going through hell as my school life has been. I really wish to end my life thinking that i'll have to spend my whole life dealing with this shit.

I have been visiting the dentist regularly, nothing wrong with the teeth and gums. had my lower wisdoms extracted and a crown replaced recently but no real improvement in my bb. I have had some relief in the past when i was on antibiotics, makes me believe thet my problem is mainly bacterial. I had a CT scan done for my sinuses recently and was diagnosed with a nasal polyp. Rest of the sinuses are clear. I have a slightly deviated nasal septum as well but i dont think it contributes much to bb. I had an appoinment with the ENT surgeon today. He is ready for the rhinoplasty but he says it will be mainly for the cosmetic purposes. He wont be touching my sinuses also ](*,) . i tried asking for polypectomy but he plainly ignored. wtf!! I know rhinoplasty cant cure me alone. And i dont have a choice for other ENT surgeons out here. I am really depressed. Can nasal polyps cause bb? I have a terrible nasal bb and get a lot of pnd. I can offend people sitting 10 feet away from me with my mouth closed. I will be requesting him again for the polyp, but is it worth it? Is there any way to convince him? I am too embarrassed to speak about my bb. And i know talking about it to the docs wont help either.

Thanks!

Total Newbie

Post by 620 »

Hey

I am in the same predicament....I have had bb for the last 6 or 7 years, and I am 20. I have tried everything I can imagine, from getting impacted wisdoms removed, to using gse in a neti pot, hydropulse machine and a squirt bottle, sutra neti, had my tonsils and adenoids removed as a child, and I still get tonsil stones, although I try my best to pick them out with an unbent paper clip. I always had a blocked nose and was unable to breath through it, so my ent gave me steroid nasal sprays, which only made my nose bleed and gave me headaches....Thus he did a ct scan and I had chronic sinusitis with polyps...I went ahead and did the septoplasty and fess, and I must say, it was quite the experience....after I say 3 months of nasal rinsing 3/4 times a day and after all the dried crusts and things get out, my breathing has improved tenfold. But I came to find that I still had bb. IDK, this is a tough battle and I can understand what your going through, I graduated last year and im scared to start college that I've been procrasting for a whole year...its rough, but my suggesion to you is: rule out everything you can, as best as you can...1 by 1, and just try to hang on and manage it better...Rhinoplasty, if im correct, is only a appearance thing, so I would be skeptical of that doctor...
Speak_no_evil

Post by Speak_no_evil »

I too was just diagnosed with polyps. Even though I'm convinced I had them for a while. I kept telling my ENT there was something wrong with my nose throat and sinuses that was causing bad breath. He reluctantly agreed to a CT scan and it turns out I have polyps and a nasty case of sinusitis.

All of which he confirmed can cause bad breath. I am hoping he won't give me hard time about getting them removed and doing the sinus surgery. They just want to pump you full of anti-biotics and nose sprays.

Try the nasal irrigation, I think they think some even if by only making me think they help. Be persistant with the doctor and hopefully he'll/she'll start to take the matter seriously.
Almost 3 months post tonsillectomy...no avail.
celica

Post by celica »

This is good on my part. I have the same problem with you guys. Post nasal drip, chronic sinusitis. Strted on a late stage. It means that our BB really comes from sinusitis. I went to an EENT before give you a bunch of antibiotic and sprays and suction my nose spent a lot of money nothing happen. One EENT told me to have my polyps remove Im skeptical because it doesnt sound convincing and when I tlod him no he said dont you want you bad breath to go away? Fin another EENT told me its tonsillictomy because of the white stones . I have it remove here in the States just fine for three months after that my BB became worse because I could not cough out the tonsil stones since I dont have the tonsil anymore. Its better that I have still the tonsil. Tried DR. Katz, everything that he sold nothing, tried the probiotic nothing, pro-fresh nothing, sinus irrigation and water pik nothing so I went back to an old method of chewing guava leaves and gargle it with salt and baking soda. Lessen it a little bit but cannot eliminate it. I will try sinus surgery and really force and cried to this new Doctor from kaiser lets say if it well help. Finish your college so that you will have a job to find a cure for our BB. You need to defeat this worse disease worse than cancer or AIDS.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic