Your Email Address:

First Name:

People at work

Tell us your story with bad breath
Daisylady
Total Newbie

People at work

Post by Daisylady »

I'm about to be a dental assistant..any tips on how to deal with co-workers or dentists who may have prejudgments(of course) about my breath?
How do you guys deal with your co-workers and family ignorant comments or gestures?plz help

Daisylady
Total Newbie

Re: People at work

Post by Daisylady »

Daisylady wrote:I'm about to be a dental assistant..any tips on how to deal with co-workers or dentists who may have prejudgments(of course) about my breath?
How do you guys deal with your co-workers and family ignorant comments or gestures?plz help
ANYBODY?????
phineas

Post by phineas »

Daisylady,
I don't know how much advice I can give you, but I can give you a shitload of props. Not only are you doing what you (presumably) want to do, but in a profession where the irony of having bb is tenfold. Good for you.
As far as giving you advice, here's what i know about dental offices: you wear a mask part of the time (which is good), you show people how to brush their teeth (which gives you an excuse to brush), and you're around hygiene utensils constantly...all of these benefits work in your favor, so use them.

I wish I knew what to tell you about the comments and reactions. Just try your hardest to ignore them, and keep a positive attitude.

Lastly, I should tell you that I've been using a new product, and it has been helping me a lot, I believe. However, since it seems no one can mention new products on here without being burned at the stake (lately) and accused of spammery, then just send me a PM if you want to know what it is.

Good lucky Daisy.
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

I wish I was in your shows, at least you can ask them for suggestions and help.
findacure
Master

Re: People at work

Post by findacure »

Daisylady wrote:I'm about to be a dental assistant..any tips on how to deal with co-workers or dentists who may have prejudgments(of course) about my breath?
Dont you assistants wear those white dental face masks, should be good for hiding you BB problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic