Your Email Address:

First Name:

please help me with my bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sally

please help me with my bad breath

Post by Sally »

Hi Guys,
I hope this message rings a few bells with you all.
My name is Sally - thought I'd just introduce myself :)
Like many of you posting on here I have the same embarrassing problem of
having smelly breath. I'm over the moon to find this forum with people
suffering like me.

I'm sure you'll be hearing a bit from me over the next few week/months
as I hope to find out some info to cure me of this problem.

Sally x

P.S "hope it's a bit warmer where you are" ! It's freezing here!

tonsolloliths

Post by tonsolloliths »

Hi Sally,

I think its important to do tons of research, but I also think it's equally important to seek professional help from dentists and ENT's. Perhaps the most important idea (even more so that the above two), is to have a confidente, someone who you can open up to about your problem and who will give you honest feedback about your bb. A confidente will be able to tell you if what you are trying is clearly working. You need to continue to confide in this person as some treatments work temporarily and then you're right back where you started, or perhaps even worse off.

G
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Sally :)

no flirting :P

...I agree with tonsillolith, without a confidante you could go nuts over the uncertainties and it will especially help in preventing doctors and ENTs from trying to fob you off and dismissing your situation.
Sally

what's ENTS

Post by Sally »

thanks for your reply G and Hal..
I'm close to my sister, she's the one that pointed my bad B out to me so I'm happy that I have some one to test the cures out on.. You say that some cures make the problem even worse ! Can you steer me away from these - which ones?
I really am desperate to cure this quickly and so want to avoid trying anythign that'll make it worse.

I may be being completely ignorant here - but what's ENT's?

thanx

Sal

:?
bb_girl

Post by bb_girl »

Hi Sally, nice to meet you. ENT is short for Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctors.

Hope we can all find a cure!!
tonsolloliths

Post by tonsolloliths »

Hi Sally,

Well, about some cures making bb worse; I used ProFresh faithfully for years with great success, then I got lazy and started using it only once a day for a while, and my bb came back. So I went back to using it twice a day (as recommended) and it did not work, so I started "experimenting" with it and using double, then quadruple the strength and it still did not work; I got desperate and did not know what else to do. So I think I need to let go of the false belief, "If a little does a little good, then a lot does a lotta good".

I've decided to take a slow methodical approach to this problem. When problem solving you cannot do many things at once as this will result in false positives. I know I have PND and tonsillar crypts that harbor stones, so I'm starting from there.

G
Sally

cheered me up

Post by Sally »

Thanks for your replies guys - good to know I'm not alone on this...!

I've heard a lot of people talking on here about tonsillar crypts - what are they and how do you know if you've got them...

i 've never considered that it might be my tonsils causing BB...
x

S
Green
Junior

Post by Green »

Woah it's been a while since I'm been on the site. Anyway, to answer your question Sally: tonsil crypts are sort of like holes. When you eat food, parts of the food will get stuck into your crypts. And also, mucus that drips down one's mouth can go into those crypts. But also remember the bacteria that can get into those crypts or holes. With these MAJOR bad breath factors all together, the result is tonsil stones. Tonsil stones are the result of solidification of what can get trapped into one's tonsils. Google tonsil stones if you wish to learn more.
Sally

tonsil stones

Post by Sally »

wowzers! :shock:

just googled tonsil stones and an amazing amount of info on them, cant believe i'd never heard of them before. Spent 20 minutes in front of the mirror trying to look at my tonsils from every angle possible - man it'd be a lot easier if those bad boys were on the outside of our mouths...

thanx for the info Green x

S
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic