Your Email Address:

First Name:

China bans bad breath in space...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thanatos
God
China bans bad breath in space...

Post by thanatos »

Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I read this earlier and couldnt stop reeling thinking about what people will think when they read this story.

I hope they all get diahrroea on there and spend the whole time being sick over each other because of the smell
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

interesting. BB must be a pretty common problem in China if they 'banned' it. If it was something rare, they wouldn't mention it.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Kinda makes sense though. They need to be focused on the mission rather than worry about someone's odor problem 24 hours a day. We can't be naive about it. We make people uncomfortable.

Makes me think though, if halitosis is this widespread in China, where they have all the 'secrets' to health and long life, that this is indeed a tough one to resolve. instead of dealing with the issue, they have resorted to legislation to prevent the public from exposure to it.
meowkity1
Super Angel

m

Post by meowkity1 »

my whole life I havnt eaten fish or chinese food because of how it smells and tastes. When I was younger I teased chinese people about their breath. I wish I hadnt
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I find it sickening. The amount of times ive been around people with BB and TOLERATED it, didnt like it but for the sake of that person I didnt forget they are human and deserve to be treated with dignity no matter what.
Is it acceptable to cringe because someone is ugly or deformed in some way? Children and ignorant bastards might do this because they dont understand, but decent educated people know better.
This is the typical WRONG MESSAGE to be sending out to people. Space exploration is supposed to be setting an example to young people, not creating more prejudices.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

I find it logical. People in critical missions such as this shouldn't have to tolerate each others problems that could also affect their work, they have much more serious stuff to do.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

noptical wrote:I find it logical. People in critical missions such as this shouldn't have to tolerate each others problems that could also affect their work, they have much more serious stuff to do.
Using that logic, you could say the same thing about people with BB in the military, surgeons, or any job where a life is on the line. Why stop at BB? Why not discriminate against people with B.O, people who sweat too much, have a handicap, etc.

Bottom line is, if you can do the job as efficently as other people, you shouldn't be discriminated against. If you can't do the job, that's another story.

I wouldn't be surprised that BB is such a big problem in China that the government wanted to send a message to the population. Maybe that's an exageration ;) But if the carb theory holds true, given that in asian countries, like 50% of their calorie intake comes from rice which is pretty much the food with the highest amount of carbs, that would explain the BB epidemic! And that could explain the permenant smog in Beijing and people walking around with gas mask rofl.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Humans in space has only ever been a symbolic show of superiority anyway. Its never been a necessity to have manned missions. Manned missions only add to the complexities. Most of what humans do up there is system monitoring and carrying out predefined tasks. And any decisions that are required are all made from the ground. What a load of shit. This is nothing but pure discrimination. The day when humans become fully de-humanized and no longer need to shit or fart, then it would be acceptable
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

LOL i missed your edit Archimonde, cant stop laughing now at that photo
Sally

what so no farting either!!

Post by Sally »

hi guys,

this is craaazzzyyy about China banning BB... I don't believe for 1 second that they are not going to fart in space - especially if they are male astronauts. :D

I shouldn't be surprised really! China would ban speaking in space if it became a distraction

Sally
:!:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic