Your Email Address:

First Name:

oxygen theory

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
meowkity1
Super Angel

oxygen theory

Post by meowkity1 »

Ive learned that oxygen helps kill the bacteria, Has anyone used oxygen mask, or some other form of oxygen
Im getting desperate, I cant take this anymore

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This has been talked about before, try to find it.
Saliva is very rich in oxygen and as long as it keeps flowing i'd guess it does more to regulate bacterial activity than any amount of air will do.
By the sound of it the source of your BB coming from your nose itself and possibly from there its causing your throat/tongue/mouth to smell bad.

You said a course of antibiotics got rid of the rotten egg smell, does that not make you feel you're on to something if it managed to achieve this? Maybe you need more targeted antibiotic treatment.

Are you satisfied from ENT evaluations that you dont have anything wrong in your nose/sinuses? Ask your doctor about the possibility of having swabs taken from your nose to see if that can lead to some diagnosis.

Do some researches on nasal odours. Some people can stink out a room - but ONLY when they sneeze, and yet its unknown why that happens. The nose is not just the maxillary sinuses, there's other places where infection could be hiding where ENTs might not check because its mainly the maxillary sinuses which cause problems.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

yes I did find something called aerobic oxygen, Im thinking of trying.
I do the lick test I dont smell anything, I push tosils smell nothing. floss doesnt stink at all. removing bad tooth and antibiotcs got rid of egg and fecal smell.
So I am starting to rule out oral problems.
Before bed I get my tongue really pink, but by morning, the white is back , not thick,
What would cause this, Im thinking I must have bacteia in throat, because why would it populate so fast, Not to mention I clean my tongue well to get bacteria off, but of course we cannot reach our throat. So until there is a way to clean the bacteria out of the throat, it will probably always reproduce on the tongue.
I really dont think I am cronic anymore, before the antibiotics, if I opened my mouth and deeply exhaled, I could taste poop and shit gass drift across my tongue and out of my mouth. It was horendouse. Now I dont taste poop or egg,or metalic, Its just very hot, and bad.
I am thinking its got to be nasal, or thraot, I have been stuffed for years, never really thought anything of it, And loss of smell years ago also, not complete loss of smell.
I v been on here all day long, just trying to see if there are any helpful post I missed.
Its summer, I just want to have some summer fun, start meeting people and dating. I cannnot believe how debilitating this is.
I swear I cannot take much more of this seclusion. I cant take it. I want to be close to people again.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I tried to purchase dioxychlor a while back but is not in stock until posably later this year.
It looks legit in the fact that it is being studied by professors and such.
It says it is a natural antibiotic that works by supplying generous amounts of oxygen that anaerobic bacteria can't survive in.
google it and have a look or does anyone know anything about it?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If you dont pick up any oral odours why are u pulling your hair out over oral bacteria and tongue coatings all the time?????????

That connection you've made between that rotten tooth and your BB/egg/fecal smell might be nothing more than a coincidence.

Do you understand that a mouth is SUPPOSED to have bacteria in it? These bacteria are there for digestive purposes and your body has evolved to accomodate them for many other different beneficial purposes. Disturbing them with antibacterials achieves nothing. Trying to blitz them with scrubbing/scraping and whatever else you do only triggers a protective reaction of the tongue which turns into a vicious circle.

This is the secret of the BB industry, they know that their systems only form into this compulsive addicted behaviour. I know some people benefit in using tonguebrushes etc but all anyone should be doing to their tongues is gentle scraping away of the thick plaque which forms on most people's tongues which can exacerbate any existing BB situation. And yet you say your tongue doesnt even smell????

I've come across plenty of people who have tongues which arent pink, but their breath doesnt smell at all.

Sometimes if you disturb your oral bacteria enough, the delicate balance in microbial flora between bacteria and fungus swings towards the fungus - this happens a lot with antibiotics and clears once the balance resumes. Yoghurt helps in this situation.

Try to focus your attention on your nose because something is clearly going on to have these strong odourous whiffs up there. Have you seen an ENT about it? You said you are always stuffed up - it isnt normal or healthy for your nose to be chronically congested like this.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Yhanks so much halitosisux, You make total sense.
Ive been using evora plus for a couple of days, but I am starting to think how in the hell can it work if I am constantly cleaning evrything off my tongu with peroxide and baking soda twice a day. You say I should just leave my tonuge alone and your probably right.
I have to do my community srvice tomorow, so after that I will try this , just see if it halps to just leave all the cacteria alone. and gently scrape.
Halitosis, thanks so much because you are always the first 1 to post good advice, and also smart advice. You always make alot of sense. I am sure many others are very thankful for you still being here after being cured. And you never just write a line. Your always so indepth about evrything. Maybe I do have some typ of nose blockage, this morning I used my neti pot, and it didnt even clear me up. This usually works.
Once I posted that when I took my son to his ent for his ears, I got the courage to ask the doc about bad breath, he said it could be caused by tonsils, then he asked to look. He said they are very big, and to make an app. But I could tell by his face he was digusted. So I havnt been to any doctor in awhile, because its extremly embarassing. When I took my son, my nose air was horrendouse, 1 little couple actually told the receptionist, tell the nurse they were going to be waitng outside. I was way across the room from these people, thats how bad it is sometimes with my mouth closed. Since I believe it has improved. But I am still so nervouse. Ive been wanting to go to my docs to try some naseptin, shes such a lovely woman, I dont want to put her through the misery.
I know thats stupid, I am just sick of stinking up whole buildings, and making evryone sneeze and cough.
Thanks halitosisux, i'll take your advice to heart, and work on leaving tongue alone starting on Fri.
Halitosisux, please don't leave us.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Oh yeah I was treted for sinus infection, in feb but not by ent, and they didnt do any tests to see if I actually had one. Thats when I got the antibiotics, that took out the rotten egg and poop smell. I havnt seen an ent, as stated earlier I was scared and now that I am totaly fed up, I dont even think my medicaid will cover it. A couple of months ago I got a letter saying alot of things are cut now. You can read about that in my post. Obama said change
celica

Post by celica »

I ahve been to EENT and would you believe that he said those who have sinusitis have no bad breath at all. I told her I read the internet and postnasal drip and sinusitis is one of the main cause Of BB and she woont listen to me. She insulted me I am trying to be a doctor O h I really hates her so much. Well she told me that the culprit is the food we eat I dont believe that since a lot of people eat any kinds of food and its a few of us who had BB. And how will she explain those tonsil stones nothing and she told me she have lots of patients who have badbreath and ist not from sinusitis. That all she can give you as advice dont eat FERMENTED FOOD. Example...salad dressing, soy sauce when you cook or grill fish or meat and I need to resesarch what are those feremnted products. I told her I eliminated dairy products and she said I did not say dairy products I said feremented food... whatever I am getting totally desperate...
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

You're welcome meowkity.
I reached the point where I had tried everything, and nothing used to infuriate me more than reading how bad breath is usually due to teeth or gums and all the other obvious shit.

But anyway, even though I KNEW in recent years there was a stench coming out from my gum, I was going through a phase in my life where continuing to live with BB was preferred to the excruciating agony of being absolutely AT A LOSS and being right back to square one and none-the-wiser. The film Blair Witch comes close to this sort of feeling of deperation and despair.

Its a bit like when you have tonsil odours and stones. Part of you feels convinced it has to be the cause, but a nagging doubt that it might not be the root cause keeps you holding back until logic prevails and you have no choice and you have to rule it out. Thank god for the internet today where people can share their experience and make these informed choices, because most of my era of trying to deal with BB was in libraries and bookshops where you had NO opinions it was all facts you had to piece together. I spent a fortune buying medical books. And then when you take the hammerblow of discovering that something as invasive and painful as tonsillectomy turned out to be completely futile, your spirit is broken and you feel so utterly up against it all.

Last year something happened to me and I started resuming BB research which I hadnt done for a number of years prior. I used to have fantasies that one day I'll do a search or hear on the news that finally someone cracked a way of guaranteed 100% preventing/curing BB and that would be it. I started searching for wisdom teeth and BB it brought me straight to this site and I felt high as a kite, I was reading day and night for weeks. For the first time in my life I realised I wasnt the only person in the world whose life is COMPLETELY taken over by this problem.

Everywhere I turn people are openly talking into each other's faces, so I felt like the only person in this land of the living dead, but now I guess the people with BB suffering the way I had been must all be in hiding somewhere and what i've learned from this site I think that assumption was mostly correct.
Within weeks I took the plunge and by the grace of god I now find myself in completely different UNIVERSE. All I ever wanted from life was ONE day in the same boat as everyone else. I dont care what happens to me now, even if I die today I dont even want to be buried, I just want to be thrown into a rubbish pile, that's how important life itself feels to me, cos all I wanted was freedom.

I know how much I would have needed this site and everyone else on it if I still had to battle on, and that's why I feel so grateful and if I feel I can help anyone I will try my best to.

All I can say is DO NOT DESPAIR because as long as there are still ideas to try there is always hope. None of this torture is in vain, ultimately there is always a reason for everything, as much as our own existence is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic