Your Email Address:

First Name:

THE MAGIC BLUE LIGHT . AM I CURED ?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sadman
Advanced

THE MAGIC BLUE LIGHT . AM I CURED ?

Post by sadman »

It's has been 5 days since I got my blue LED flashlight . I drank coffee this AM , went to an Italian buffet this PM , ate a lot of
dairy foods , cheese , cream ... and still felt a never so fresh breath . Am I cured after trying all of these : Chlorine dioxide , Zinc , Blis12 , H2O2 , Baking soda , tea tree oil , Antibiotic, Vegetarian diet , avoiding coffee, beer , sugar .....with no prevail ? I THINK SO . Hope to get same good new from Hope4now and then we will know for sure if there is a cure .
Last edited by sadman on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

yuckykat

Post by yuckykat »

I would like to try this.please tell exactly what do we have to buy.The brand and the type that you are using.did it cost much?
Danmeister
Total Newbie

Post by Danmeister »

BLUE LED Flashlight 455 460 nM sold on ebay, posted from the usa
hope4now
Master
Re: THE MAGIC BLUE LIGHT . AM I CURED ?

Post by hope4now »

sadman wrote:It's has been 5 days since I got my blue LED flashlight . I drank coffee this AM , went to an Italian buffet this PM , ate a lot of
dairy foods , cheese , cream ... and still felt a never so fresh breath . Am I cured after trying all of these : Chlorine dioxide , Zinc , Bis12 , H2O2 , Baking soda , tea tree oil , Antibiotic, Vegetarian diet , avoiding coffee, beer , sugar .....? I THINK SO . Hope to get same good new from Hope4now and then we will know for sure if there is a cure .
sadman, when do you use the blue light each day? How long do you shine it each time? I read in one of those articles that 2 minutes is the minimum but ten minutes is more effective. (I haven't received mine yet.)
yuckykat wrote:I would like to try this.please tell exactly what do we have to buy.The brand and the type that you are using.did it cost much?
google 'crime scene BLUE LED Flashlight 455 460 nM'

You'll also find sources other than ebay.
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Right now I am using it just once a day , in the morning for 2 min after gargle with 50/50 3% H2O2 . In order to light the back of the tongue and the nasal pharynx , I use a dental mirror with a 45 degree angle . I test by not brushing my teeth yesterday night and my breath seemed OK this AM . Is it a cure ????
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

sadman do you have a tongue coating?
If you did has it improved since?
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

sadman do you have a tongue coating?
If you did has it improved since?

Yes , it improved , except in the far back of the tongue where the old stuff still stays and can not be scraped out yet . I will find a way to take it out and after that the blue light will keep it clean , I hope .[/code][/list][/url]
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A LINK TO AN ARTICLE OR WHATEVER ABOUT THIS BLUE LIGHT? AT LEAST A SENTENCE, SIGNED BY A DOCTOR. AND THE PRICE FOR THIS. I WOULD LIKE MORE INFO ABOUT THIS!

THANX
ice
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Dear Ice

Please read all the articles I have posted the last few days . The cost of the light : $15 US
orange111
Junior

Post by orange111 »

sounds too good to be true. but i hope its the real deal.
BB has ruined my life.

cant find a british stockist over here :cry:
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

In addition to the promising potential and results so far on this and out of pure curiousity and possibility of helping with any useful insights which may come, I've managed to construct my own light which I took out of an ultra bright blue LED keyring and cranked up the power even more. If anyone else is interested in experimenting I'm using 5.5 volts in series with a 10 ohm resistor and its probably on the verge of exploding, but ive bought several and i'll just go easier on the rest of them if that happens.

For anyone who doesnt know, I dont suffer with BB anymore, but I do still occasionally get morning breath especially if im dehydrated from alcohol and I stick my fingers down my throat and scrape some gunk off my tongue. So the bacteria is still there of course but unable to produce the same amount of VSCs to infest my mouth having dealt with the sewerage-system around my wisdom tooth. I still get flossing odours around certain teeth, but this means nothing apart from them being areas where debris/bacteria get trapped and putrify in my overcrowded mouth.

While I still had BB I tried incubating some saliva/PND mixed with oral bacteria and it STUNK, almost enough to make me vomit - so be warned if you try it, the smell is SO familiar, but 10X stronger. I've yet to try this since, but it will be interesting to see if that still happens, and I fully expect it to.

What I'll try to do tonight is incubate two lots of samples with one of them under the blue light. I'll report the results tomorrow. It will be fascinating if there is no odour from the sample under blue light, but even more fascinating if the two odours are different because it will mean that only certain types of bacteria are being killed - hopefully, as sadman points out, the types which are responsible for causing BB. If the results are successful (and the lights im using are of the right wavelength, which I dont yet know but eventually I make sure I have the correct ones) then I will try it in my mouth just to see what happens. Hopefully by then we'll have several different people who have findings to report.

I hope the blue light can penetrate into the tongue surface. I'm very hopeful with this because blue LEDs are themselves a fairly recent discovery so there may well be new properties, as have their antibacterial properties already been discovered. Its even been patented for use in toothbrushes for the positive effect on periodontal disease, as sadman has pointed out.

I bought the keyrings from HOMEBASE (UK DIY STORE) for £2.99 but I was rushed for time. I'll have to check out MAPLIN (radioshack/tandy type electronics store)
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I just ordered mines ebay.
But a couple of months ago I ordered the blueligt teeth whiteniing system it comes with one blue led light. I used it the other day on my tongue, and it did seem to diminish the white in the area pointed
So I cant wait ti see the effects of 21 lights
Man I am hoping for a cure
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Here's a link to a UK stockist of the Ultra Blu toothbrush:

http://www.goodhealthmatters.co.uk/prod ... index.html

Sadman,

You mentioned using a 21 light blue led, is this just a normal light or a toothbrush? What wavelength is it, and where did you get it from, can you post a link?

BTW, do you think it's the led that's helping your bb, or just all the antibacterials you're using at the moment? I often find that an antibacterial will work for around two week before the bacteria start fighting back and it no longer works for me.

Good luck with this, I hope it keeps working for you! :D
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

I gave up everything for a long time , just chew gum and drink a lot of water , so I think that's the light that works for me . It's a "Crime Scene blue LED flashlight 455-460 nm" which has the wavelength mentioned in those studies . It's manufactured in China , so you can buy it online from Hong Kong if you live in Europe . It's small enough to put inside your mouth and has a very bright 21 blue LED light .
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Halitosisux

There is already a study about the effect of blue light on oral malodour

Oral malodour is considered to be caused by the proteolytic activity of anaerobic Gram-negative oral bacteria. In a previous study, it was shown that these bacteria were susceptible to blue light (wavelengths of 400–500 nm). In this study, the effect of blue light on malodour production by mixed oral microflora was tested in a salivary incubation assay. Whole saliva samples were exposed to a xenon light source for 30, 60, 120 and 240 s, equivalent to fluences of 34, 68, 137 and 274 J cm–2, respectively. Malodour was scored by two judges. The levels of volatile sulfide compounds (VSC) were measured using a sulfide monitor (Halimeter), the microbial population was assessed using viable counts and microscopy, salivary protein degradation was followed by SDS-PAGE densitometry and VSC-producing bacteria were demonstrated using a differential agar. The results showed that the exposure of mixed salivary microflora to blue light caused a reduction in malodour production concomitant with a selective inhibitory effect on the population of Gram-negative oral bacteria. These results suggest that light exposure might have clinical applications for the treatment of oral malodour
Last edited by sadman on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic