Your Email Address:

First Name:

INTELLIGENT members only: What have You discovered???

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
wnaysha
Master

INTELLIGENT members only: What have You discovered???

Post by wnaysha »

although this site is a very good site with loads of information,

it sometimes gets too crowded here, and there's just too much to read, so

I decided to ask for information you have discovered, and after spending so much time on this issue, no one will/can tell you your theory is wrong because its your own idea and opinion.

Please state your own ideas/opinion on what you think is causing BB, with your evidence.

tnx : )

*plz make it short ;)

wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

I thnk our immune system is not strong enough to clean every single part of our body, as a result pnd, acid/silent reflux, tongue coating, gums/teeth are all contributing factors, and each of them should be considered when cleaning ourselves to be bb free.

BUT, most importantly, I think our Digestive system is playing a big role here.
BerryKiwi
Total Newbie

Post by BerryKiwi »

Yes I agree with you that our digestive system plays a big role in bad breath. That is why the product I tried works. The Acidophilus capsules attack the bad bacteria in our stomach and intestines that causes the bad odor in our mouth.

Please read my past posts.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

berry kiwi I appreciate you trying to help, but I am almost possitive all of us has tried pribitics.
And we all have bb for different reasons.
People that need rotten teeth pulled or that have wisdom teeth would not benefit them. Just like thera breath would not because the gas and bacteria would constantly seep from the problem area
So dont get discourage we're not responding, we've tried it, its not for everyone. Thnakyou
BerryKiwi
Total Newbie

Post by BerryKiwi »

Ok, thanks meowkity1 for that response. I am going to stop trying anymore. I wish you all the best.

Bye
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

hi berrykiwi,

tnx for the info, I also think probiotics can help, tnx for sharing your opinion.

My idea is to find out what members think so that we can compare a range of ideas and get close to our goal, bcz if we think we can find the cure by trying every single thing on earth, it will never work, we have to sometimes use logic too and work on it part by part.

tnx again berrykiwi
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

hi meowkitty,

what do you think is causing bb, and what can cure it?

tnx
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

If I knew I wouldnt be on this board would i? lol
But as for me I am leading toward the sinuss
ct scan confirmed sinusitis, and 1 symptom is bb
I am just waiting on my ent referal.
We're all different.
I beleive 1 day thou with great technology we'll be able to take something that just cleanses your whole body right up
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

I'm really interested in 'selective IgA Deficiency'.

From Wikipedia:

"Selective immunoglobulin A (IgA) deficiency is a relatively mild genetic immunodeficiency. People with this deficiency lack immunoglobulin A (IgA), a type of antibody that protects against infections of the mucous membranes lining the mouth, airways, and digestive tract. It is defined as an undetectable serum IgA level in the presence of normal serum levels of IgG and IgM. It is the most common of the primary antibody deficiencies."

Has anyone ever had their IgA levels tested? I know there have been some threads on that in the past, but I haven't seen any lately.

This could perhaps be an explaination for the abnormal bacterial situations in our mouths and nasal passages, and even in our digestive tracts if the problem is there too. I know a lot of people here complain of stomach problems, like bloating.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

team,
This is very promising. Is there a cure for this? :P
Archimonde
Super Angel

Re: INTELLIGENT members only: What have You discovere

Post by Archimonde »

wnaysha wrote:Please state your own ideas/opinion on what you think is causing BB
candida overgrowth caused by an intolerance to grains and grain-fed meat/dairy (all meat and dairy sold in supermarkets are grain fed). Those foodstuff are foreign to our body for some of us and all the reflux/mucus/etc are the body's defense mechanisms to deal with them.

There are farms that sell grass fed meat in my province but sadly, not in the city where i live otherwise i could easily test that theory. If this theory was correct, BB would be very easy to fix, it wouldn't require a change in diet, just getting meat from a different place would do the trick.
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

snoopsister wrote:team,
This is very promising. Is there a cure for this? :P
Hey Snoop,

I'm not sure to be honest. The cure would be getting IgA replacement therapy, since the bodies of people with the disorder lack the proper mechanisms to produce it directly.

I've read about replacement therapy for other classes of immunoglobins, just not IgA. I'm not sure if that's because it's not possible biologically, or if it just hasn't been done yet.

I'll have to try and get more information on it.

One good thing is, I think you can easily request to have your IgA levels tested by your doctor in a blood test. That way you'd know if this is even something to consider. I'm going to try and get myself tested as soon as possible. If others did that as well we'd have some idea about how common the link is, if there is one.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I saw something in a pharmacy yesterday that might be significant. I suffer from hypoglycemia and yet I've never had my blood glucose level checked before and I happened to be looking in (boots) chemist here in UK at glucose monitors. Just beneith where these are kept in the store were all kinds of self-test diagnostic kits. Once such test kit was for celiac disease which if I understand correctly is what gluten intolerance is.
On the side of the box it said it tests for the IgA antibodies that would be present in someone with celiac disease. I wonder if there's any correlation to everything that's been said so far in this thread.
Definitely worth getting tested for all of these possibilities since IgA does protect the mucous membranes and generally causes someone to have more throat/sinus infections than usual, so just imagine for the intestines. It might be that a combination of celiac disease and IgA disorder that's the missing link and explains why celiac disease alone doesnt cause chronic BB and IgA disorder alone doesnt cause chronic BB, but both together they might do.
I dont think IgA controls bacteria in any way, just keeps bacteria and foreign bodies from passing into the mucous membranes causing infection of the tissues. But infection of the tissues might be constantly going on in the gut, hence bloating, constipations, diarrhoea etc - and subsequent blood borne BB.

"Celiac disease is a serious, lifelong, gastrointestinal disorder that can cause a wide spectrum of clinical symptoms, such as diarrhea, abdominal distension, weight loss, malnutrition and skin disorders, due to permenant intolerance to gluten. Gluten is a complex mixture of storage proteins found in wheat, barley and rye."

"Immunoglobulin A (IgA) is an antibody which plays a critical role in mucosal immunity. More IgA is produced in mucosal linings than all other types of antibody combined;[1] between 3 and 5g is secreted into the intestinal lumen each day."
danger
Master

Post by danger »

a couple of my family members have celiac disease and i have always been told to get tested but i never did

then when i started getting bad breath, i was hoping it was this that was the problem. i got tested and it came back negative
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

That's really interesting Hali. Apparently there is a link between IgA deficiency and Celiac disease:

http://cvi.asm.org/cgi/content/full/9/6/1295

"Immunoglobulin A (IgA) deficiency is 10 to 15 times more common in patients with celiac disease (CD) than in healthy subjects."

I'm not sure what that means in terms of BB though. It's just interesting to note that so many people with BB seem to also have intestinal issues, like gas and bloating.

I also read yesterday that at this point IgA replacement therapy isn't done, because the half-life of IgA is quite short, to the point where doing so would be quite expensive.

I know about a year ago there were a number of people trying to use bovine colostrum as a means of getting IgA. I don't think the results were great for most, but there are a ton of questions about whether that method specifically would be effective at getting functional IgA to the right place.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic