Your Email Address:

First Name:

My bad breath was from my esophagus (throat), not my mouth..

Tell us your story with bad breath
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

keeptrying09 asked me to clarify, that I am nottalking bout puting anti fungal anywhere in anyones mouth nose or face.
I had a rash on my chest area and I only applied it to my chest and kneck area for about 3 weeks now. First I bought over the counter clotrimazole, and then I sought the doctors whom also prescribed clotrimazole. After about 2 weeks a patch in the middle of my tongue turned super clean and pink, and the patch of cleanliness continued to spread until my whole tongue was completely clean
At first I thought this was because I had given up my hal hour routine and decided to just brush and floss
I am not positve but I believe it was the cream
And my whole story is under Halitosisux said leave tongue alone , I think hes right under general
Thank you

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I went to a new doctor today. She dismissed candida right off the bat and went on a rant about how alternative medicine diagnoses candida for every symptom bla bla bla. I had 0 chance. She told me only HIV patients get candida in the mouth/throat/eso area, or people who have taken cortisone. When she made it clear she wasn't gonna prescribe me Diflucan, i pushed for a gastro-endoscopy, she said no again.

I will try another clinic tomorrow, I might request a male doctor since they know less about candida. The one i saw today mentionned that candida sufferers get ulcers/lesion in the mouth and blood in stools/urine, so i will mention that to the doc i'll see tomorrow. Also, i will say that i was put on antibiotics for UTIs, at least i'll have an explanation as to why i got candida, obviously i can't lie about having aids. With a lil luck, i'll eventually stumble across a doctor who's more prescription-happy than others.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Archimonde wrote:I went to a new doctor today. She dismissed candida right off the bat and went on a rant about how alternative medicine diagnoses candida for every symptom bla bla bla. I had 0 chance. She told me only HIV patients get candida in the mouth/throat/eso area, or people who have taken cortisone. When she made it clear she wasn't gonna prescribe me Diflucan, i pushed for a gastro-endoscopy, she said no again.
Hey Archie,

Have you ever heard the expression "A picture is worth a thousand words."? I really encourage you to print out this thread and bring it with you to the next clinic you go to. One of the reasons I posted all of my documents online was so that everyone would have some photographic ammunition when speaking with these doctors about Candida. Of course they can argue with your words, but if they can see some photos of a real live case, they must accept that it happens to some people. Clearly I do not have HIV as I posted my HIV results online, and Clearly I had Candida in my esophagus. Also I have never taken Cortisone orally or had a Cortisone injection. Perhaps I've used it topically in the past, in some over the counter product for insect bites or something like that, but I seriously doubt that caused internal Candida.

Don't give up man, just keep trying until you find a doctor that is willing to listen to you, and please, show them my case...
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Alrite, on top of saying that i have super white tongue, ulcer, lesions, BB. I'll show your pics and say that you cured all those symptoms with Diflucan. If that doesn't do the trick...nothing will.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey Guys,

I did some research online about people who had Candida infections in their esophagus but had no problems with their immune systems being suppressed (such as having HIV or any other immuno suppressing disease). I found a study that was published in a scientific journal. Basically, they studied 933 patients who had no immune system problem. Of the 933 trialists, 61 were found to have lesions in their esophagus of varied degree of severity. Among these, 56 were positive for fungal pathogen, which was confirmed by germ tube test, cultural characteristics, auxanogram, etc., Candida albicans (87.5%) was the most predominant pathogen followed by C. tropicalis (8.9%). Men in the age group of 40 years and above were observed to have higher frequency of candidal infections compared to other groups of trialists.

If you would like to see the report, you can go to http://www.springerlink.com/content/kv4n5p001x417k13/

Again, if your doctor is telling you that only people with HIV can get a Candida infection, my case as well as this report questions the conventional wisdom of doctors. Don't let doctors dictate to you what is possible or not possible! Make them test you for Candida.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

I found all these cases of Candida infections from scientific research journals:

This is a case in which a woman who was HIV negative developed a Candida Infection in her esophagus.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/fmx ... 3fdce&pi=9

This is a case in which researchers found that Candida was able to infect the esophaguses of rabbits who had no problems with their immune systems.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/5gw ... 59adc&pi=0

Guys, this is an important one. Researchers did a study in which they found that Candida esophagitis tends to occur in patients with chronic diseases, most of whom have been previously treated with antibiotics, steroids or omeprazole. The findings support the hypothesis that treatment with omeprazole favors the development of esophageal candidiasis.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/h8y ... 47e9&pi=19
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

The research keeps coming and coming.....
http://www.cfs-recovery.org/docdarren2.html#more wrote:Candidiasis Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

presented by Dr. Carol Jessop at the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Conference, April 15, 1989.
This was a report of anti-candida therapy on 1100 patients presenting symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Irritabel Bowel Syndrome, headaches, allergic disorders, emotional disturbances (depression, panica attacks, irritability, and anxiety), etc.
After 3 to 12 months of treatment with ketoconazol and a no sugar, no alcohol diet, a major reduction in symptoms was seen in 84% of the patients. "In September of 1987, 685 of the 1100 patients were on disability; in April of 1989, only 12 of the 1100 were on disability."
Harry_2K
Junior

Hi

Post by Harry_2K »

Hi Keeptrying,

Thanks for opening up this thread. Looks very useful. More detailed really. It really is appreciated.

How long did the medicine take to really start working. I mean, when did you see the real improvements?

Love
Harry
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Re: Hi

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Harry_2K wrote:Hi Keeptrying,

Thanks for opening up this thread. Looks very useful. More detailed really. It really is appreciated.

How long did the medicine take to really start working. I mean, when did you see the real improvements?

Love
Harry
No probelm Harry,

I took the BioZole for 2 weeks. For about the first week or so I actually felt worse. I believe it was the die-off effect from the Candida. After the first week, it kinda felt like a cloud had been lifted from my brain. Not only did I have bad breath before, but I also would get "fuzzy headed" quite often. It's hard to explain, it was like I just wasn't there mentally. I don't mean crazy or anything, just like my cognitive functions were not operating at 100%. I guess the word is "spacy". Anyway, after the first week of treatment, I felt like my brain was operating at 100% again.

I remember the first time I noticed that people did not put their hands over their noses or move away from me when I would sit next to them on the subway or bus. That was around the time I was finishing the treatment. Also, I remember the first time I spoke to people without them covering their noses or turning away. That was also around the same time. After I finished the treatment, I continued to notice that people's behavior towards me was different, in a good way. That was a good feeling. :D

If you have anymore questions, let me know :D
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

So did anyone manage to get hold of BioZole or Diflucan online? Getting a candida test from a random doc seems too much trouble, so I'd be willing to try it regardless.

I've done gastro in the past though (due to B12 deficiency), but maybe they didn't pay attention to the esophagus.

:-({|=
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

I have often thought over the years that this may be my problem. I had an endoscopy done a while back, but at the time I did not think to ask my doctor about yeast - I ask him long after the fact and he said he did not see yeast, but he looked like he was just saying that to get rid of me. I wonder if I could get a hold of those pictures. I am going to try.

I bought a candida cleanse recently, but have not tried it yet. Don't know what I am waiting for. Had frieds over the other night and we were drinking and I got the wierd faces again - I hate it! These are good friends and I am making them breath in my garbage breath!

keeptrying, did you ever have post nasal drip??? If so, is it gone now???
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

TIRED wrote:I have often thought over the years that this may be my problem. I had an endoscopy done a while back, but at the time I did not think to ask my doctor about yeast - I ask him long after the fact and he said he did not see yeast, but he looked like he was just saying that to get rid of me. I wonder if I could get a hold of those pictures. I am going to try.

I bought a candida cleanse recently, but have not tried it yet. Don't know what I am waiting for. Had frieds over the other night and we were drinking and I got the wierd faces again - I hate it! These are good friends and I am making them breath in my garbage breath!

keeptrying, did you ever have post nasal drip??? If so, is it gone now???
Hey TIRED,

Good luck with getting ahold of the pics. :)

Honestly, all those Candida cleanse products and so forth, I really don't believe they work for people who have systemic Candida Infections. I believe there are things you can do after you are treated with antifungals for Candida, such as probiotics, coconut oil, exercise (to keep immune system stong), eliminating certian foods that seem to favor Candida growth, vitamins/minerals (again for strong immune system), etc. But hey, give your Candida cleanse a shot! It never hurts to try! :D

Yes, I had (and still have sometimes I think) post nasal drip. I went to the ENT doctor though, and they couldn't see anything wrong. It's not that bad though, so I don't worry with it much. :D

If you have anymore questions let me know. :D

Cheers.
Last edited by KeepTrying09 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry_2K
Junior

Hi Keep Trying

Post by Harry_2K »

Hi Keeptrying,

Many thanks for the response.

I had 2 endoscopes done, so far. One in 2006 and one in 2007. The one that was taken in 2006 had a clear picture of Esophagus. It had white foam like things on that. It was much whiter than the image that you had posted. But, it looked similar to yours. They just reported saying that Esophagus was normal. And in 2007, the picture of Esophagus was not that clear. Am not sure of which portion of the Esophagus was that. But, I did not find any white things there. But, the doctor had a HIV test and it was negative. He prescribed me with Pantaprozole and an antibiotic in each of these visits.

I am sure Candida is still not very popular with doctors. They simply do not have enough information with them on Candida.

I have started taking Fluconazole, since I first read your post. Today is 13th day and not any improvements, so far. It has just become very worst and i believe something is happening. I have been taking 300 MG per day (150 MG x 2 capsules). The past 2 days have been really worst with chronic BB, unbearable really. I am hoping that something would eventually turn out to be a positive result.

I have completely cut down on these food; Bread, white sugar, fruits, milk, yoghurt, cheese and butter. No alchohol, soft drinks, as well. Just the white rice and vegetables is what I take. Chicken on few days.

Added Probiotics and COD Liver oil for the for the past few days.

I really believe that Candida could be the problem. Planning to continue this drug for 1 more week. Let's see. Will keep you all posted about the progress.

Regards
Harry
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Re: Hi Keep Trying

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Harry_2K wrote:Hi Keeptrying,

Many thanks for the response.

I had 2 endoscopes done, so far. One in 2006 and one in 2007. The one that was taken in 2006 had a clear picture of Esophagus. It had white foam like things on that. It was much whiter than the image that you had posted. But, it looked similar to yours. They just reported saying that Esophagus was normal. And in 2007, the picture of Esophagus was not that clear. Am not sure of which portion of the Esophagus was that. But, I did not find any white things there. . .

I have started taking Fluconazole, since I first read your post. Today is 13th day and not any improvements, so far. It has just become very worst and i believe something is happening. I have been taking 300 MG per day (150 MG x 2 capsules). The past 2 days have been really worst with chronic BB, unbearable really. I am hoping that something would eventually turn out to be a positive result.

I have completely cut down on these food; Bread, white sugar, fruits, milk, yoghurt, cheese and butter. No alchohol, soft drinks, as well. Just the white rice and vegetables is what I take. Chicken on few days.

Added Probiotics and COD Liver oil for the for the past few days.

I really believe that Candida could be the problem. Planning to continue this drug for 1 more week. Let's see. Will keep you all posted about the progress.

Regards
Harry
Hey Harry,

Regarding your endoscopies, that really relieves me (in a good way). If you had white patches in your esophagus too and you are HIV negative, then you are the first person that I have actually spoken too that has documented evidence of a Candida infection in their esophagus. By chance do you have copies of those endoscopy reports, or are you able to get them from the hospital? It'd be great if you could share them here like I did.

Secondly, you will for sure feel worse before you feel better. If indeed you still have the Candida in your esophagus currently, you will experience a die-off effect in which your symptoms will get worse and not better. It happened to me too. During the first part of my treatment, my breath got worse and then slowly started to improve until it was gone.

The probiotics are good, but I would suggest stopping the COD Liver Oil. I used to take Fish Oil Supplements (higher quality than COD Liver Oil), but I stopped because I felt like it made my burps smell fishy. You should continue taking the probiotics, and try adding virgin coconut oil, 1-3 tbsp daily. Also, you should try eating yogurt with live active cultures (not the crap yogurt with all the sugar and candy, but the plain, natural yogurt that says it has live active cultures). I ate yogurt while I was taking the antifungals, and I still eat it everyday to this day. See if that helps any. In regards to the COD Liver Oil, I would for sure stop taking that. COD Liver Oil is the lowest quality fish oil that is available. It often has contaminants in it such as traces of mercury, lead, and PCBs. I find it more than coincidence that you mentioned your BB has gotten worse in the past two days, which is the same time you started taking the COD Liver Oil supplements.

Finally, might I ask who prescribed you your Fluconazole? Why are you taking 300mg per day? I was only taking 200mg per day.

Thanks! :D
Last edited by KeepTrying09 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

keeptrying - it's funny that you mention exercise and vitamins - I notice that when I used to work out for an hour a day and took vitamin c religiously my bad breath was gone and I never got sick even though I was teaching 10 year olds that were always sick. I'm just too busy lately to work out as much as I used to and latlely I don't want to expose my kids to the germ infested gym daycare. I guess it will be the price they will have to pay for me.

Also, has anyone seen the saturated fat content of the coconut oil???? 13gms!!!! And it says to take it 4 times a day - I know it is good fat, but when it's goes to my hips it won't be so good. I might take this stuff back.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic