Your Email Address:

First Name:

I've had enough.

Tell us your story with bad breath
clelandjones

I've had enough.

Post by clelandjones »

Right ok, I'm going to tell you my story, because I can't stand this anymore and I need some help. I just turned 16 and I'm in high school, struggling on, and trying my best to be normal and go to my classes regularly, but because I'm so anxious about my bad breath I find it soooo difficult.

I've been to the doctors because of it, I told my mother, "Look, I think I have bad breath I want to get rid of it." I then continued to ask her if she could smell anything, she said no, and because I've been reading posts on here about parent's not being truthful, I got angry and was literally like, you better tell me the truth, but she continued and said she can't smell anything.

I didn't believe her and I went to the doctors, a very kind doctor he was, I said I had white coating and he said it was normal, I mentioned the bad taste and he said probably acid reflux and gave me omeprazole and then I mentioned my bad breath, he said he couldn't smell anything at all, and I believe him; he was very close to me, and he wasn't showing a reaction at all, my mother or father doesn't show a reaction at all either.

But, this all changes, when I go to school or my grandmothers, I've never been told I have had bad breath, in anyway, but because of peoples body language and reactions I'm pretty sure I have it. At my gran's (grandmother's) she seems to tilt her head when I'm talking, so she doesn't get the full brunt of my breath, well that's I'm thinking.

This, of course, all changes when I get to school, in my English class I sit beside a guy who used to be one of my closest friends, but due to things unrelated to my 'bad breath' we don't talk much anymore, sometimes he shows very obvious signs that he can smell something, sometimes covering his nose, getting as far back as possible and will talk to me fine face to face but as soon as I start talking he puts his head down, this is the same with another current friend, as soon as I start talking he moves his head, as if trying to get away from it. But here's the thing, these are really the only people that react BADLY, I mean there's loads of times I get reactions from people in my school, but I don't know if they're the nervous type or they can actually smell something, and it's killing me. I don't know what to do, I'm literally at the end of my tether, and I even think I'm crazy myself sometimes, I really do, I mean how can I think I have something but nobody's ever actually told me this? I don't know, but I just want your opinions and support really.

With all of this, my mum's going through really serious surgery for a brain aneyurism and with the bb and my mother, and me and my father's relationship I really don't think I can take much more of anything.

I went back to my doctors two weeks later, and I broke down, I literally burst into tears, and I told him everything, and this was the turning point with this 'good' doctor, he showed no interest, he wanted me out ASAP, said to try and do well at my school, see how things goes, and if I want to talk to him again make an appointment, he basically me told to get the ***k out.

I know a lot of this isn't related to bb in anyway, but I just had to open up to someone, and basically say life is pissing me the ***k off, and I can't handle much more, but honestly, I can say that the bb is getting to me most.

So what should I do? Is it probable I have bad breath? I tried chlorine dioxide, and I got the same reactions, I don't know if it's them just being nervous or what because I know some people are like that but hey, I'll see what you guys think. If you need more info (really? lol) then let me know.

Thanks a lot guys for reading this, I really appreciate it.

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

There's definitely a small minority who react very strongly to us. My landlord is the worst of them, he backs away 2-3 feet every time, no exception. Some people will turn their head or body to like 90 degree angle. Some will cover their nose, others don't react at all, they just put up with the smell.

Judging from your post, i'd say you have BB.
Last edited by Archimonde on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clelandjones

Post by clelandjones »

Archimonde wrote:There's definitely a small minority who react very strongly to us. My landlord is the worst of them, he backs away 2-3 feet every time, no exception. Some people will turn their head or body to like 90 degree angle. Some will cover their nose, others don't react at all, they just put up with the smell.
So yeah there's a good probably it's bad breath?
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey Clelandjones,

Has anyone ever told you directly, or have you ever heard anything indirectly regarding your possible bad breath?
smileyXDD

Post by smileyXDD »

man.. that must be tough. life's hard for me too i don't get it. But honestly, I do wish that life was more happier. Being a christian, I believe god does everything for a reason. But sometimes I wonder why he's doing this to us. I suffer to my friend. But I do feel bad for you. I feel your pain also. I wish sometimes there was an island just for people with bad breath and that if we get a week's worth of vacation there, our problems will be cured. Amazing how that will be. I really do wish that existed. Hey who knows, I might actually make one. But anyways back to reality, I know man. It's hard and sad. When I read your story, I almost broke down myself and stopped to think a reason for this crisis. But sometimes I do believe that there will be a cure for bad breath even if all our causes are different. Whenever I feel the need to talk to someone, I stop myself, knowing that once I open my mouth it's over. Seriously, why is it us that have to deal with it. That wasn't a question.
clelandjones

Post by clelandjones »

KeepTrying09 wrote:Hey Clelandjones,

Has anyone ever told you directly, or have you ever heard anything indirectly regarding your possible bad breath?
Nope, I haven't heard any in-direct comments either, and I only get offered gum when the person is giving it to someone else and I see it, so they I think they feel the need to give it to me, aka, sharing.

As well, thanks for what you said Smiley helps a lot.
clelandjones

Post by clelandjones »

Right, well it looks like it was all in my head. I asked my mother again, and she said straight out, "You don't! If you did I would tell you!" I also asked a friend, he said, "Nope I've never smelt anything," He also understood how hard it was to ask that question. I'm thankful that it's not there, but feel really bad for you guys, who actually have bad breath and have to go through this day by day. Honestly guys, I wish it goes away for all everyone of you because it is truly a disease that eats up your life. God will answer your prayers one day, and I'll pray for you all tonight. Bye guys.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

clelandjones wrote:Right, well it looks like it was all in my head. I asked my mother again, and she said straight out, "You don't! If you did I would tell you!" I also asked a friend, he said, "Nope I've never smelt anything," He also understood how hard it was to ask that question.
This just proves that there really are some people who suffer from Halitophobia. I think everyone at some point in their lives worries about bad breath. For some that fear unfortunately grows and takes hold of them.

However, there are also others who genuinely have bad breath. I believe if no one has told you directly that you have bad breath, then you cannot rule out the possibility of it being psychological.
clelandjones

Post by clelandjones »

Oh Christ, I don't know anymore. I've just came back from school, I was in my Music class and sitting beside one of my friends, he couldn't even look at me when I was talking, and he was constantly sighing, and I even think my teacher noticed, she came over and put a ****ing cup of STRONG coffee beside us to when she was near us, maybe because she wanted to drink it I don't know(but to get the smell away imo). I don't know anymore, I don't know if I'm being paranoid or whatever, but for me, that was just way too much of a coincidence. :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic