First Name:

candida test, came back negative

Tell us your story with bad breath
macks86
Junior

candida test, came back negative

Post by macks86 »

hi guys,

just got back my results from candida saliva test, came back negative. have been really depressed about it, as i thought it was this, after trying so many things and nothing working. I have a significant majority of the symptoms for candida and put a lot of my hopes in it coming back positive so i could start to cure- i started the candida diet a while ago and felt my mouth was slightly cleaner, but i fell off it, so im gunna get back on it.

Now i feel im back to square one, no idea what the cause of my bb is. is there a chance the test could be wrong, or cannot pick up stomach candida- as other ppl on here have had this?

Really lost

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Sorry mate.

How did you go about getting the test? I've not been able to convince any of the doctor i saw to test me.

I've read the stools test is the most reliable one. Even if you tested negative for c.albicans, you could still have another type of fungus, one that Fluconazole (if you've tried it) has no effect on. One thing is sure, if you're in poor health and have many unexplained conditions (BB being just one of them), then you are sick and you have some kind of infection, either bacterial or fungal.

Getting the proper diagnostic is ridiculously difficult, many people suffer from Lyme disease for years before getting the right diagnostic - all that from a simple bite from a tick.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey mack86,

Where did you get your Candida saliva test done?

There are other tests available, such as blood tests or stool tests. Those are considered more accurate than the Saliva test, but actually all the tests out there are considered questionable. The reason being is that everybody has Candida in their bodies, it's just some have more Candida than others. And for some people the Candida can overgrow and cause infections. Since everyone has Candida in their bodies to some degree though, all the tests for it should come back positive. It's just reading those tests and determining what is considered a normal level or an abnormal level is tricky.

The best method for testing is to have a sample of your tissue taken and sent down for a biopsy, but of course that involves having an endoscopy done if the tissue taken comes from anywhere besides the mouth.

But, if you are able to get a blood test or a stool test for Candida, I would say go for it. You might get a doctor who is experienced in reading the findings of those tests.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic