Your Email Address:

First Name:

Good news guys

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hello
Junior

Good news guys

Post by hello »

I haven't been in this site for a long time, but I came back to report a finding.Let me first start off by saying that I think there are different causes of bad breath. Anyways, I'll give one of the conditions of mine, maybe that would help people with maybe my type of bad breath. I'm the type on whose teeth tartar would form easily, specially on the bottom teeth.

I have started using 'Miswak' (natural tooth brush, it is actually a branch from a tree) to brush my teeth and and gently massage my gums and gum line. This was used by the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and encouraged to be used by him. But the type of Miswak I found to be effective in my case was from the brach of olive tree. There are different types of Miswaks...such as Pelu Miswak, etc. (Best place to buy a 'Miswak' would be from a local Islamic bookstore as they also usually carry the Miswak...and if you find it hard to find a local Islamic bookstore, I guess the best way would be to go to a mosque in your city and ask the administration there as they would know or just search online)

My theory is basically this. After much research, question and answering from dentists, and deep monitoring of myself, I beleive there are different causes of bad breath. Dry mouth, etc, etc. But the major underlying cause is gums. (Maybe thats why alot of people get cured by taking out their wisdom tooth or that one guy's mom who got cured by taking all her teeth out). Now coming back to gums, I believe some people tend to create natural bad breath bacteria more faster than others due to whatever reasons, such as genetic in their natural gum pockets(natural healthy gums pockets are 2-3mm deep) because it is an enclosed area and/or it could also be helped by blood supply to these pockets through creation of heat (that part im not quite sure about) as your blood manages your body heat. Anyways, so what happens is bacteria that is created in there, which naturally leaks through the gum line (as bacteria multiply) and as you nutrally swallow your saliva through out the day, the mechincal force carries is backward through the whole of your mouth in the backward swallowing direction. This is specially true for those who might eat a juicy or somewhat abrasive meal, and how it takes away their bad breath for a while or atleast reduces it. As the meal washes away the plaque and the bacteria living within that plaque. You have to remember that plaque is all over your mouth or atleast I think so. So by using the 'Miswak', I don't know through what scientific mechanism, it helps the gums. And by eating maybe a small slice of bread you'll wash away the bacteria from the overall oral area. And the bad breath won't coem back as quickly. But some people tend to naturally produce the bacteria faster than others. That is why you also see common bad breath. Because you see toothpaste only helps the gums by taking out plaque ( so its taking away somethign negative, but it never helps the gums by adding something positive)

And maybe my bad breath is also helped by swalloing the residue which is procdued from the 'Miswak', as I swallow it. I would have never imagined to swallow a juicy residue from a branch tree, but when I read hadiths (hadiths refers to sayings or actions of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)), it mentioned he also swallowed the residue of it. I think swallowing the residue has helped me improve my digestion or atleast my 'shits' (sorry I cant remember the appropraite word for it, sometimes you know how you just forget some words) have improved in their firmness. Anyhows I gotta go somewhere, but I plan to share more thoughts on this issue. Any of you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

hello
Junior

Post by hello »

people living in the Toronto area or its vicinity I'm willing to buy the Miswak and drop it off to your place free of cost...if anyone is interested lemme know.
sandy
Junior

Post by sandy »

I find the lanap I had done months ago was only temporay results for me, but the dentist told me he can do it again, I just have to wait for this November for it cause he wants to wait at least a yr to poke my gums to see the results. I chickened out the hydrotherapy, now Im looking for cheeper solutions like maybe this miswak works............my question is does it work for chronic periodontis cause that is what I have. You mentioned you get alot more tartar on your lower teeth.how about your gums? Did you have any gum pockets & inflamation on your gums before and has improved by using Miswak..Greatly appreciate if you can help me.
Thanks
hello
Junior

Post by hello »

my gums get bad quickly as the tartar progresses...but i think the miswak is helping me with the tartar...i know lactobacillus reuteri lozenges also helped me against tartar...but i think miswak is doing a good job too though im still monitorign it and keep testing it as i juss started with it..i think you should give miswak a try, but try the one from olive branch. if u live in toronto or nearby i can get it delivered to u.
heidimars
Total Newbie

Post by heidimars »

I'd like to ask, where exactly can we get this 'Miswak' and how much does it cost? Thanks. :D
hello
Junior

Post by hello »

well if u live in toronto i can tell u the exact location otherwise u'l have to find a local islamic bookstore or some muslim grocery store in your area to get one...i buy a medium size stick for a dollar and it lasts for around 10 days. i wud recommend getting the miswak of olive tree. miswak is basically a branch from the tree...

this site is offering free miswak:

http://www.miraclebrush.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=37

i think they r out of stock but they said they are planning to get new ones. but i dont think they r offering the miswak from olive tree..there r different types, but u can still try
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic