Your Email Address:

First Name:

it's candida i think

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
TIRED
Advanced

it's candida i think

Post by TIRED »

Recently I went on a low sugar/carb diet and I feel like a new woman. I think it was candida all along. I am currently taking colliodal silver 1 teas twice a day and caprylic acid which is in pill form or coconut oil and lots of probiotics and vitamin C and B and E. I am on a strict diet of hardly any carbs - just a little fruit (blackberries and blueberries are ok) and rice. Definitely no alcohol and no baked goods ever again. If I really want a drink they said that gin or vodka is the best choice - but NO sweet mixers. So it will be gin and tonics for me if I really want a drink. I do not weigh myself, but I have lost inches in my hips and waist just in one week - bonus! I have so much more energy and my mind isn't cloudy anymore. I have no more vag. yeast infections. Even the sex is better and my sex drive too - bonus #2!

I do not think that the bad breath has gone away, but I also do not think that the yeast is completely gone. For me I think the candida was systemic, and this is hard to get rid of. The colloidal silver should knock it out. I have only been taking it for a day, so we will see. You are not suppose to take it for a long period, so I will give it a try for a week. I think that I will know when the candida is gone when my pnd goes away. I think I have a fungal infection in my nose because I have always had pnd and doctors do can never tell me why.

My doctor gave me one diflucan pill and said it will be all I need because it stays in the body for 7 days. I looked at the side effects online and I am afraid to take it because it causes cold sores and rashes and face swelling, etc.... Maybe on a week when I have nothing going on I will try it. I really think it is best to go the natural route with this though.

So, I will continue to let you know how it goes and if the bb goes away. If the bb does not go away at least I feel better.
Last edited by TIRED on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

forgot to mention ... I really think it is candida for me because I realized that I got much worse reactions after having something sweet or alcohol and if I drank I would have horrible yeast infections soon after. Also, I would get extremely tired after a sugary meal and have brain fog. I think it was all the drinking in college, antibiotics for my ear infections and going on birth control that did it to me. My three pregnancies did not help either.
Hope this helps...

OH and my acid reflux is gone!!!! Best bonus of all! - well, maybe not the best. :lol:
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Re: it's candida i think

Post by KeepTrying09 »

TIRED wrote:My doctor gave me one diflucan pill and said it will be all I need because it stays in the body for 7 days. I looked at the side effects online and I am afraid to take it because it causes cold sores and rashes and face swelling, etc....
Hey TIRED,

Diflucan could cause the side effects you mentioned, but it doesn't happen in every person who takes it. Some people have side effects and some people do not. I did not have any side effects and I took Fluconazole for 14 days.

Glad you are having some positive results though with the low carb diet/natural supplements. I also eat coconuts at least 3 times a week to get some caprylic acid. It's quite a good supplement to take to keep Candida at bay. I also take probiotics, eat yogurt, add cinnamon to my breakfast food, and drink green tea often as those are also some good natural remedies to keep Candida at bay. In my case I believe the prescription strength anti fungal was necessary to clear my body of the Candida infection, but I believe that all of the natural remedies I have followed since I came off Fluconazole have helped to keep me Candida free.

Really glad that you feel better! Let us know how you progress with your bad breath. Hopefully you will be cured of that soon too! :D
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

Hey KT - good to know about the side effects... I have a question... was your breath worse during die off??? I feel like I am getting worse reactions lately, and I think I smelled my breath today...it smelled like sewage. I am getting discouraged now. ](*,)
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

My breath did get worse for the first week. I believe it was the die off effect from the Candida. After the first week the die off symptoms slowly started to subside, and by the end of my treatment they had completely vanished.

What are you eating on your low carb/low sugar diet? Just curious....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic