Your Email Address:

First Name:

Drinking baking soda and water seems to be helping

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hope4now
Master
Drinking baking soda and water seems to be helping

Post by hope4now »

I recently saw a video interview of a 100 year old woman who said her family survived the 1918 flu epidemic by drinking 1/2 tsp of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in a glass of water every morning. Given the corona virus hysteria, I thought I'd try it as a preventative. I've tried BS as a rinse before and in the water pik, but never took it internally unless I had heartburn.

The first thing I noticed while drinking it was the burps smelled a bit like farts. Maybe my stomach was the root cause of my bb instead of gum disease as I thought. Maybe I have H. Pylori or GERD?

So I've been drinking it every morning and noticed I can now smell other people's breath, which usually means my breath is good; not overpowering my sense of smell. Getting no reactions and feeling more confident at work. Had a group lunch today and didn't notice any obvious reactions.

Before when I flossed at the EOD, there was usually a sewage smell at the back molars. That has improved too. I always had good dental hygiene with no bleeding so it was always a mystery where the smell was coming from.

Hopefully this info will help some people with similar symptoms.
Last edited by hope4now on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:13 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mercury amalgam fillings removed: mid 1990s. Wisdom teeth removed: 2010. Tonsils removed: 2011.
hope4now
Master
Re: Drinking baking soda and water seems to be helping

Post by hope4now »

Mercury amalgam fillings removed: mid 1990s. Wisdom teeth removed: 2010. Tonsils removed: 2011.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

Please be careful. Drinking water with baking soda in the long run may cause side effecs to your body (hypokalemia, etc). Just felt the need to warn others to take the time to research any possible side effects of whatever solution/supplement/surgery/methods you want to try.
hope4now
Master

Post by hope4now »

space wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:18 am Please be careful. Drinking water with baking soda in the long run may cause side effecs to your body (hypokalemia, etc). Just felt the need to warn others to take the time to research any possible side effects of whatever solution/supplement/surgery/methods you want to try.
Yes, always be on the lookout for any side effects. From what I've read, 1/2 tsp a day should be safe for most people, but it is high in sodium.

I also don't know if this is a "cure" or just symptomatic treatment, but so far it's more effective than anything else I've tried.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic