Your Email Address:

First Name:

How do you guys figure out what type of Bad Breath you've got?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Cain.
Total Newbie

How do you guys figure out what type of Bad Breath you've got?

Post by Cain. »

For someone like me with the following breath traits, what type of bad breath would you say I have?

-After brushing teeth, mouth goes extremely dry, very little saliva.
-Bad smelling saliva
-30 minutes after brushing, breath starts to smell bad.
-After each continued use of a new mouthwash/toothpaste, it starts to wear off and doesn't keep my breath smelling fresh anymore.
-I had Asthma as a little kid, and have always been a heavy breather after doing any kind of exercise, even if I am not that much fatigued.

I don't know what else I could add which could reveal what type of bad breath I have. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

bozo
Junior
Re: How do you guys figure out what type of Bad Breath you've got?

Post by bozo »

its hard unless you know the source, teeth etc.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

there's no way you can get an answer to that question just by describing those symptoms, what you are looking for is one of those tests run by machines such as Oral Chroma for example that make a distinction between the types of bb.
bb free)
Cain.
Total Newbie

Post by Cain. »

mauricio wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:09 am there's no way you can get an answer to that question just by describing those symptoms, what you are looking for is one of those tests run by machines such as Oral Chroma for example that make a distinction between the types of bb.
I had no idea such machines existed. How could I get my hands on this piece of equipment. Cannot seem to find a place where to buy it from.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

They are rather expensive, at least the professional ones used in dental clinics, don't fall for the hundred dollar stuff on amazon. If one were to be serious about getting tested with such a machine you would have to look up for clinics in your area that are equipped with such device. At this point tho I'm starting to wonder what's the point, any dentist can tell you whether you've oral issues, once that that is ruled out you are then stuck in the non-oral causes for which allopathic medicine has often failed to provide solutions.
bb free)
bozo
Junior

Post by bozo »

smell dental floss between each tooth
make sure its not the teeth/gums should be easy

whats yer tongue and tonsils like?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Few questions to ask yourself.

Do you remember when did it start? Age group 10 to 18 is where many of us start going into this permanent misery.
Do you have any immediate family members with the same sort of chronic halitosis problem?
Does it increase or decrease with workout, running exercise?
Cain.
Total Newbie

Post by Cain. »

KL123 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:24 pm Few questions to ask yourself.

Do you remember when did it start? Age group 10 to 18 is where many of us start going into this permanent misery.
Do you have any immediate family members with the same sort of chronic halitosis problem?
I've been to the dentist and they have said the health of my teeth are good and see no reason as to what could be causing the bad breath.

Yes, it started when I was about 10 or 11. I've always masked the smell with chewing gum. However, after about 30 minutes of not chewing gum, it quickly starts again. None of my family members have this issue. Yes the bad breath increases a lot with workout, it also increases when I talk a lot.
badbrlady

Post by badbrlady »

i have bb caused by GERD, i need to brush tongue and avoid meat (esp beef) gargle with salt, chew xylitol gum and i eat carrots
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Cain. wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:27 pm
KL123 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:24 pm Few questions to ask yourself.

I've been to the dentist and they have said the health of my teeth are good and see no reason as to what could be causing the bad breath.

Yes, it started when I was about 10 or 11. I've always masked the smell with chewing gum. However, after about 30 minutes of not chewing gum, it quickly starts again. None of my family members have this issue. Yes the bad breath increases a lot with workout, it also increases when I talk a lot.

I guess, first congrats for not having any immediate family members with this crap.
Unfortunately I do.
Rest of our symptoms are the same. Mine also started at the age 10ish and it increases like crazy with work out.

The next step would be to analyze the quality.
What kind of bb you have? Is it sour, metallic, fishy, dead animal, boiled cabbage, fecal etc?
Mine is very bad. It's dead animal, rotten meat, fecal type.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic