Your Email Address:

First Name:

The Odyssey of me

Tell us your story with bad breath
JakeL
Total Newbie

The Odyssey of me

Post by JakeL »

My name is Jake and what you are about to read may frighten you and seem unbelievable but I assure you everything written hence forth is real and unfabricated in any way. This is my story.... :shock:
It all began one morning about 4 years ago with breath that smelled like a mixture of rotting diseased flesh and dirty laundry. I could actually smell it myself at first but as the days went on I gradually got used to the smell. I can still smell it sometimes, once in a while. When I fold my lips under my teeth and rub them back and forth I can smell a foul odor. When I rub my nose and breath through it I can smell and taste a foul odor. I always have a terrible taste in my mouth, especially when I wake up in the mourning. I feel like its coming from my esophogus.nothing helps. I can brush my teeth for five minutes and literally right after Im done I can rub my lips together and smell a foul odor. Gum is a joke. It only mixes with my breath to make a vile smelling conction of mint and malice. Ive tried almost everything. EXTENSIVE oral hygeine in the beginning, Nasal irrigation, different pill gimmicks, Therabreath, home remedies, diet alterations, tooth removal ( 2 wisdom and one moler that was a bad cavity). obviously nothing has worked. I have become somewhat of a recluse myself. When ever I hear mention of a social gathering I immediately think of my breath. Its such a hinderance. I dont like going to loud places like bars or parties because I know Ill have to either talk in close with people or not talk at all. I still go out but Im so uncomfortable. Im the guy in the corner that is by himself not socializing. It makes me depressed because I am funny and I know I would be so much more outgoing if I didnt have to drag around this ball and chain, this curse, everywhere I go. I have grown accustomed to hiding my deformity. I dont talk in peoples direction and I speak very softly. Try getting a girl when you speak softly in a different direction. Doesnt happen. Its not totally hopeless though, this cavernous abyss of ours. I had a girlfriend. You might even say we were in love. She was from brazil on a workers visa and she moved back never to be heard from again. The reason I was able to court her is because she spoke very poor english and whenever we would talk I would be able to poise myself before I spoke to her and turn away or lean back. The flow of conversation was very unnatural, unlike when talking to someone who speaks english fluentely. So I was able to converse with her in more of an indirect way. She would occationally say something like "I want a piece of gum" when we were making out or something. I knew she just wanted me to chew some and she was being polite. Maybe in brazil and other foriegn countries bad breath isnt so much of a stigma. so its a longshot but one could find love with bad breath. I am obsessed with bad breath. I always think about it. When I see two lovers talking closely in a movie or something I think to myself " I could never do that" or " I wonder if one of them has bad breath". Bad breath used to not even cross my mind. my bad breath isnt your run of the mill case. This is the beast. Nostradamos prophesized about this. When I see ordinary people that think they have bad breath I laugh inside while I pity myself. I think I have pin-pointed the genesis of my demise. There was (and is) a large amount of mold in my house. I think the mold infected me years ago and changed the bacterial make-up in my throat. It was also around the time when I started a diet and lost 25-35 pounds AND was taking amoxicylon for an inner-ear infection so its hard to say which of those was the contributor but I would bet it was one of them. I have no health insurance and am completely broke so seeing a doctor is out of the question. I just have to deal with it for now until I can afford to see an ENT. It recentely occured to me though that I might have to bare this burden for the rest of my life. say a prayer for me. :-({|=

jollibee1208

Post by jollibee1208 »

im the same case as u are. but i dont have girlfriend even i can get one. this curse is really a big burden to me and to other who have it..
i still ask myself and god. Why me? ](*,)

i still believe someday there will be cure for us and leave this hideous life and have a new one.

hope for a good future.don lose hope. :-&
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Re: The Odyssey of me

Post by KeepTrying09 »

JakeL wrote:I think I have pin-pointed the genesis of my demise. There was (and is) a large amount of mold in my house. I think the mold infected me years ago and changed the bacterial make-up in my throat. It was also around the time when I started a diet and lost 25-35 pounds AND was taking amoxicylon for an inner-ear infection so its hard to say which of those was the contributor but I would bet it was one of them.
Ok, so i'm just putting two and two together here.

Large amount of mold in your house + taking antibiotics = Possible Candida infection.

Is there any way you can get checked for a Candida infection?
JakeL
Total Newbie

Re: The Odyssey of me

Post by JakeL »

Ok, so i'm just putting two and two together here.

Large amount of mold in your house + taking antibiotics = Possible Candida infection.

Is there any way you can get checked for a Candida infection?
[/quote]

It may very well be candida but I have no money to go see a doctor. I just have to deal with it until I can afford it. This is America, not Cuba. We have to pay for our health here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic