Your Email Address:

First Name:

Anyone live in Philippines? Manila.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

guys you should try taking stresstabs.. i think vitamin b deficiency is the cause of my bb.. seems like my bb is reduced to 50%.. dagdagan nyo narin ng konting dasal :)

my3rdmolars
Junior

Post by my3rdmolars »

marlboro_lights wrote:my3rdmolars >> tuloy ba ang bonding ng bb group??
tuloy na!
TM: 0906-6778910
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

marlboro_lights wrote:my3rdmolars >> tuloy ba ang bonding ng bb group??
lupet naman pangalan ng grupo naten :|
my3rdmolars
Junior

Post by my3rdmolars »

Hi qwerty. Edi palitan natin. Kaya sama ka na :mrgreen:
TM: 0906-6778910
aldrin

Post by aldrin »

Pasali na rin sa inyong grupo... Kaso nga lang taga Mindanao ako eh... @qwerty... Yeah i think nagpadagdag din ang stress ng bb.. kasi sa experience ko when im around with people nagkakastress ako dahil sa bb ko at lalo pa itong lalala.. Segi I will take vitamins this week...
aldrin

Post by aldrin »

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This is an English speaking forum, why are you speaking in another language that the majority do not understand? even more weird when there's very good english mixed in with it. Its bizarre. Every bit of info on here is important.
ana86
Total Newbie

hi

Post by ana86 »

hi guys. another sufferer here from qc. i'm 25, and i think i've had it for more than ten years already. i'm not sure about the cause though. i guess i've been in denial for so long that i haven't really taken drastic measures yet. i used to take 'morning breath pills' especially in the morning or when i'm meeting up with someone. i had reasons to believe it was, up to a certain degree, effective. or for a while at least. but as of late, i can't find the product in drugstores anymore. i guess it has been phased out already? now i only rely on oracare and sugarfree mints for instant relief. i tried baking soda but couldn't stand the taste. i used to gargle alcohol-based mouthwash several times a day, but had to stop since my mouth has become so dry. i'm not sure if the mouthwash was the cause or the antidepresssant pills i'm taking but i stopped using astringosol anyway.
any instant reliefs you could share, guys? i'm going on a date the next day and i'm too broke to even afford those breath strips. i'm hating it so much that each small bottle of oracare lasts for up to 4 days only. or maybe 2 if i use it several times in a day. i've been reading the posts in here and i'm just so thankful to have found this site. much as i want (So Much) to try the solutions suggested here, it's just so frustrating because i'm barely employed at the moment. on top of that, i'm clinically depressed and have to continually take them pills. reading others' experiences and stories here made me feel a bit better knowing that i'm not singled out by the universe, but at the same time, it made me so paranoid i came to a point that i somewhat developed a fear showing up on job interviews for fear of rejection.
if you've reached this far into my rambling, salamat. i'm just glad i could at least get it out of my head, as i got no one to talk to about this. i'm thankful i've finally gathered the guts to finally register here.
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

@ Ana86, did your BB start after you started using mouthwash? I think that's how my BB started, since mouthwash has a strong alcohol content and it can kill both the good and bad bacteria in our mouth. Then that's the time when the bacterial imbalance happens. Don't use them ever again, they don't really help. Each cure is different for everybody, so just scour around here and you might find something that actually works. It really sucks to have BB, we are strong and able yet we tend to hold back doing the things we want to do.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Angst-ridden,
While it's true that many mouthwashes contain alcohol, and alcohol has a tendency to dry out the mouth, it mostly likely did not start your bad breath. Otherwise everyone in all the bars of the world would have to have bad breath, and that's simply not the case. In fact, when I'm having my scotch and soda in a bar, I get no reactions from people I talk to sitting next to me. Beer and soft drinks on the other hand immediately put an odor on my breath. And I have also noticed that the sweet "soda-pop" mouthwashes make my breath worse. I think we all accept by now that sugar feeds the anaerobic bacteria.
I still use Listerine once in a while, especially after eating onions or garlic, and it doesn't seem to make anything worse.
I think there must be another underlying cause for your bad breath besides mouthwash.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
aldrin

Post by aldrin »

Hey... Any updates...? Lately i am sufferring for post nasal drip... the mucus is always in my troath.. Can this contribute bb..?
GoAwayPlox
Total Newbie

Post by GoAwayPlox »

Good Day. Help me because everytime i floss my teeth it bleeds and my gum are aching. I think i have sensitive gums. Is there any medicine or toothpaste that can prevent bleeding nad irritating my gums?(sorry for the wrong grammar) TYIA
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

@goAway: See your dentist asap! bleeding gums is a sign of gingivitis, or periodontitis if it's already in the advanced stage. you must insist that the dentist check for periodontal pockets (all my dentists kept saying my gums are ok until one day,i put my foot down and really insisted that they be checked for pockets, and as it turns out, i have deep pockets on my gums, like on each gum surrounding each tooth)

for the meantime though, you can gargle with alcohol free orahex (clorhexidne) morning and night. but you shouldn't use it for more than a week! there's also pepsodent gumtect (not sure if it's pepsodent or happee - basta it's one of those)

and don't brush your teeth so vigorously coz that causes abrasions. you should brush with a light hand, as if you were sweeping the floor (hindi naman tayo madiin magwalis diba?pero nalilinis parin ang sahig)

*for those who don't understand filipino, i said "we don't sweep the floor with a heavy hand, but the floor still gets effectively cleaned nonetheless" (something to that effect)

go see your dentist as soon as you can. hope this helps :)
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

@ana86: some medications cause dryness in the mouth...i guess maybe you can ask your doctor if that's one of the side effects of the antidepressant, then from there, maybe you can ask for a different brand that doesn't cause dryness. there are lots of antidepressants today -prozac, zoloft, paxil (i forget the rest). point is, you have to let your doctor know all your concerns about the medication you're taking, and ask if there's any way of alleviating the side effects

for the mouthwash - i seriously haven't found anything that works for me. even oil pulling doesn't work (though i'm continuing to use it in the hope of eventually seeing an improvement). i'm gonna try the baking soda solution but mixed with a couple of drops of peppermint oil. i hope they have the latter at healthy options. i know it'll cost some, but a small bottle should last a really long time, like maybe even a year, so it might be worth the investment and it might be worth a try :)

you mentioned you were going out on a date? there's this product at beauty bar, it's a little packet which you rip open, fill with water, and gargle, for when you don't have time to brush (between meetings, when you're out on a date, etc). i wonder if it's actually baking soda that's on in there. i never bothered to try hehe

and you know what they say, to keep drinking lots of water/take frequent sips of water to keep your mouth hydrated? i do that all the time, and the only effect that has on me is that i keep having to go to the bathroom every 15mins! when my mouth is dry, my mouth is dry, no matter what i do. even when i eat a mint candy, the same will only stimulate saliva for a few minutes, then after i've consumed the candy,there's sure to be a trail of bad breath germs left in my mouth

sigh. i hope we all get cured of this disability...
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

@aldrin : based on the posts on this site, yes pnd contributes to bb

go see your ent so they can flush out the mucous

if you're in the metro manila area, you can visit dr.margaret cua-lim, she holds clinic at st.luke's. you can just call the hospital for her sked :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic