Your Email Address:

First Name:

Calling all BB sufferers!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
NOTANYMORE
Master

Calling all BB sufferers!!

Post by NOTANYMORE »

I'm doing some research and I need some honest answers.
If you have chronic BB and you have seen medical doctors and taken medicine for GERD, PND, YEAST INFECTIONS, etc. but are still not cured, I would like to know what you eat and drink in a typical day. I am particularly interested in things that dry you mouth and thicken your saliva.....i.e, caffeine, bananas, dairy, etc.

Don't skimp on anything. If you drink 1 glass of water and 8 glasses of coffee a day........say so. I'd like to compare results and see if some people have commonalities. Also, mention what supplements you are taking like vitamins, probiotics, etc.

Here's an example of what I consumed today. (keep in mind, I am a weightlifter)

6am....whey protein drink
7:30am....6egg whites, 1whole egg, 1piece of wheat toast, 1cup blueberries. Multivitamin, fishoil, probiotics.
9:20am.....whey protein drink, 2tbs natural peanut butter
12:30pm.....chicken breast,salad,apple
2:30pm.....protein drink
3:15pm.....workout
4:30pm....protein drink, gatorade
6:00pm......chicken tacos..(no cheese)
8:00pm.....casein protein.
Drinks.....approx. 2gallons of H2O throughout the day.

It would also be helpful telling if and how many cigarettes you smoked. Nothing to lose here, so give it a shot!!!

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

right now I am on a fructose and lactose free diet, which is basically the same as most diets here. The difference is that less vegetables are allowed, and we stay away from fibrous grains. For example, white rice happens to be better than brown, white bread preferable over whole grain, if at all. The main thing is to avoid fructans, HFCS, lactose, and yeast, which my colon cannot process.

A day for me would be pretty much, a lot of water, rice, plain chicken most days (meat is ok), no dairy. I eat dark lettuce and spinach.

It's a limited diet, and so far I find it too easy to develop cravings, but I'm working on it. The more you avoid things, the more chance you'll fiend for it.

I did start smoking again, and it is 100% a detriment, even 1-2 a day. Alcohol, sugar, junk food... anything and everything that may be considered "good to eat" is off limits, basically.

After a couple of weeks of a strict diet, I feel a lot better but the odor is still there, however, I think that perhaps a half year of strict diet, no exceptions, would clear everything out. THe hardest part is to never cheat, which I have been unsuccessful with plenty of times, thinking I can get away with "just one".
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

Breakfast: Plain yoghurt w/frozen berries or raw carrot or rice cakes & avocado, eggs on weekends

Lunch: Leftover tea from night before usually or occasionally salad

Tea: Organic chicken (prob 3x a week) fish (once a week), veggies, quinoa (couple times week) - just veggies other days - cook my meat/veggies in dry spices and fresh ginger/garlic

Also have freshly juiced veggie juice at least 3 times a week

Snack on nuts and ocassionally fruit at work

Drink prob 2.5 litres of water a day

Also take Vitamin B, Liver tablets, Globe Artichoke, MMS (for last week only)
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Wow, you both have very clean diets. The only possible diet issues (for BB) that I can see are Elliot's smoking and Deebas' tea (if it is caffeinated) and the garlic seasoning. My advice (for what it's worth), is simple.

cut out substances that dry the mouth.....cigarettes and caffeine are the worst. Also, try to keep the PH balance in your mouth normal. Most things we eat are acidic in nature......animal protein, citrus fruits, caffeine, etc. and provide an excellent breeding ground in your mouth BB causing sulfur compounds. To combat this, we must eat a proportionate amount of alkaline foods AND have plenty of alkaline rich saliva in our mouths. As you well know, most fresh veggies are alkaline in nature as are certain minerals: potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium...etc. so eat up.
just do a google search for alkaline food charts and see for yourself.

So, maybe try cutting out some, if not most of the high acid foods and rinse with 1 part baking soda(highly alkaline) to 4 parts water, twice a day for a few days and see what happens. It may not "cure" you, but it WILL make things better.

Your friend NOTANYMORE
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

sorry must be a cultural thing

Tea where I am from means Evening meal :D

I make sure that I eat a lot of garlic as it is a natural antifungal... at one stage I was actually drinking daily, last thing at night, a pint of water with raw garlic, bicarb soda and either epsom salts or psylium depending on how badly blocked I was...

I tell you water with chopped garlic, bicarb and psylium for bulkage is one of the most disgusting things that you can drink!!
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

So you'd rather live with halitosis then try something simple like cutting out caffeine? It could be your problem is chronic dry mouth due to caffeine sensitivities. Or maybe it isn't, but I'd rather try for at least a few days then live with BB for the sake of my "culture".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic