Your Email Address:

First Name:

Laser Cryptolysis Procedure Information and Doctor List

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
cryptolysis
Total Newbie

Laser Cryptolysis Procedure Information and Doctor List

Post by cryptolysis »

Hi all,

I'm the webmaster over at Cryptolysis.com I actually started the site about two weeks ago because I was over at another forum and noticed the general lack of information about doctors who perform laser cryptolysis in the United States.

I am building this resource site as a project as part of my biology senior thesis in college. I've been researching tonsil stones primarily and came across an interesting research topic.

I can tell you that the process has been really rewarding and gratifying I get about 5 - 10 emails a day from people asking me where they can find this service and am really happy to help people.

Slowly but surely I am filling out the list. I must call about 10 -20 practices a day looking for this procedure (thank God for Skype!)

I just thought I would drop by and let you guys know that this site exists and if anyone is looking for a doctor in your area that does this procedure then check out the site.

P.S.

I only compiled a list of doctors who do IN OFFICE procedures under local anesthesia. I do not believe in the general anesthesia method and believe that it is much more dangerous.

The advantages of the "in office" laser cryptolysis procedure is that you can get back to work the next day as supposed to being out for 2 - 3 weeks. Also with laser cryptolysis the entire tonsil is not removed so the risk of post-operative surgery is literally diminished. I also read a scientific journal that said that 96% of people who had tonsil related halitosis problems were completely cured.

P.P.S.

I am COMPLETELY open to suggestions from adding new doctors to the list to changing and rewording articles.

So Glad to help!

-Cryptolysis.com Webmaster

Looking for local cryptolysis doctors in your area? I've compiled resources on this procedure. Check out my website at

http://cryptolysis.com for more information.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

I hope your site is a success. I signed up to be on your cryptolysis notification list for the Denver Colorado area. I like that the cryptolysis procedure is done without general anesthesia and offers a quick recovery.

My bb is definitely related to chronically infected tonsils, even though they appear normal. They don't produce hard stones; more like a mucous-like paste that smells bad. I've been thinking of seeing an ENT about it, but afraid it will be hard to find one that would recommend the procedure for halitosis.
CR419
Total Newbie

THANK YOU!

Post by CR419 »

So for months now I have called everyENT office in houston about this procedure and even the most upscale offices do not perform it! I don't understand why because to me a knife tonsillectomy sounds like torture compared to the laser. I gave up calling but you have renewed my hope. Thank you for your hardwork! =D>
cryptolysis
Total Newbie

Re: THANK YOU!

Post by cryptolysis »

CR419 wrote:So for months now I have called everyENT office in houston about this procedure and even the most upscale offices do not perform it! I don't understand why because to me a knife tonsillectomy sounds like torture compared to the laser. I gave up calling but you have renewed my hope. Thank you for your hardwork! =D>
You might want to try an ENT at MD Anderson in Houston. I left a message on Thursday and they left me a voice mail this morning saying that they did the procedure. I have yet had the time to follow up with them and verify that it is laser cryptolysis.
Looking for local cryptolysis doctors in your area? I've compiled resources on this procedure. Check out my website at

http://cryptolysis.com for more information.
maladjusted
Total Newbie

Post by maladjusted »

Can you message me about any ENT's that perform this in Tennessee or Alabama, for some reason the link on the site isnt working. Also how much does this usually cost for someone paying out of pocket?
Ash

Post by Ash »

Has there actually been any clinical trials showing the effectiveness of cryptolysis in treating halitosis?
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

i think thats a quite interesting study regarding the correlation between tonsil odor and oral malodor:

http://iopscience.iop.org/1752-7163/2/1 ... hPage=true

seems that breath doesn't always smell, when tonsils smell. but i personally think there's a more complex bacterial-relation between tonsils and surrounding areas (maybe re-infecting or so). in my experience tonsil odor came after a time having bad breath.

so to answer your upper question, studies about cryptolysis, sound o.k.:

http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10 ... 006.24.630

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_o ... d53eaa79c1
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic