Your Email Address:

First Name:

my first time ever talking about this

Tell us your story with bad breath
stuffysbb
Total Newbie

my first time ever talking about this

Post by stuffysbb »

i am 20 years old and this is my very first time even speaking of this other then to myself IN MY HEAD
i have bad breath.. i couldnt tell you how bad.. but i have it
its a nasty .. fowl taste in my mouth..
and if i do the lick wrist test .. it smell like.. well poo
i have had this problem.. well since i can remeber
all my life i think..
i always chew gum.. at all times..
and being younger i didnt understand why i had bad breath and everyone else.. seemed to not have it
so i decided to go one day without gum.. to school
and well first comment said to me was.. WHOA UR BREATH SMELLS.
so that was the end of that
my teeth are perfect.. i have had cavities before but they have been taking care of.
i go to the densist every 6 months .. always have
i brush my teeth 3 times a day.. floss.. mouthwash .. and this tongue scraper.
nothing helps.
i have no friends because of this. it stops me from wanting to socilize.
again noone knows about my problem just because i chew gum at all times
using about 3 packs a week
but i dont want to go out have fun.. but then in the back of my mind think is it time to put i fresh peice of gum in my mouth
who does that?
im pretty sure this problem is on my tongue
like i said everything in my mouth is fine.
and my wisdom teeth havent even moved yet.
but i am having them out soon.. but i am sure that is not the problem.
i have used... smart mouth
that worked for about an hour.
and i used it regurally for about 2 months
tongue scrapers just dont seem to get in deep enough
so i have ordered an orabrush.
im hoping this will work for me.. i hope to god
i just wanna laugh out loud. freely.

KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey stuffysbb,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story. You'll be able to laugh out loud freely one day, i'm sure of it.

Good luck with having your wisdom teeth out. Let us know how that turns out for you. Also, let us know how the Orabrush works. I've been hearing a lot about that lately. Maybe some good stories will be posted about it.

Anyway, there's a lot of information on this forum. Just start making a list of all the possible causes of bad breath and start working your way down it until you find your solution. It seems that you can rule out any dental issues (except for the wisdom teeth which you will be taking care of soon enough). Maybe your next step should be visiting an ENT doctor and having your sinuses checked out?

Also, you mentioned you had cavities taken care of. Did you have metal fillings for them?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi stuffy, and welcome. If you dont mind me asking, what is the reason for having your wisdom teeth out? Are you just generally being advised to do this or is this just a decision to eliminate them as one possible cause?
stuffysbb
Total Newbie

Post by stuffysbb »

halitosisux wrote:Hi stuffy, and welcome. If you dont mind me asking, what is the reason for having your wisdom teeth out? Are you just generally being advised to do this or is this just a decision to eliminate them as one possible cause?

well i am having my wisdom teeth cut out because my dentist said so realyy!.. i have infact been thinking about seein that for some people it can be the problem.. but im not sure if it is for me.. see my teeth havent even started growin in yet.. so i have no pocket full of gunk or anything in general comming out of my gums.. just flat gum.. but im not sure.
stuffysbb
Total Newbie

Post by stuffysbb »

KeepTrying09 wrote:Hey stuffysbb,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story. You'll be able to laugh out loud freely one day, i'm sure of it.

Good luck with having your wisdom teeth out. Let us know how that turns out for you. Also, let us know how the Orabrush works. I've been hearing a lot about that lately. Maybe some good stories will be posted about it.

Anyway, there's a lot of information on this forum. Just start making a list of all the possible causes of bad breath and start working your way down it until you find your solution. It seems that you can rule out any dental issues (except for the wisdom teeth which you will be taking care of soon enough). Maybe your next step should be visiting an ENT doctor and having your sinuses checked out?

Also, you mentioned you had cavities taken care of. Did you have metal fillings for them?

thank u so much :D
i ordered the brush day before yesterday so it should be coming in soon and after a week of using it ill be posting back!

i do infact have sinus problems somtimes... but i dont kno how to really go to my mom and be like.. i need to go to having my sinus checked out.. since she dont even kno about my problem.

my teeth fillings are not metal .. idk what they are called.. just the clear ones.
and they are fine.

so for me right now.. i just really think that the problem is coming from my tongue or my sinuses.
stuffysbb
Total Newbie

Post by stuffysbb »

KeepTrying09 wrote:Hey stuffysbb,

thank u so much :D
i ordered the brush day before yesterday so it should be coming in soon and after a week of using it ill be posting back!

i do infact have sinus problems somtimes... but i dont kno how to really go to my mom and be like.. i need to go to having my sinus checked out.. since she dont even kno about my problem.

my teeth fillings are not metal .. idk what they are called.. just the clear ones.
and they are fine.

so for me right now.. i just really think that the problem is coming from my tongue or my sinuses.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

stuffy, the point of my question is that dentists dont just decide to remove wisdom teeth for nothing. So I wondered whether your dentist might have told you why they might contemplating the removal of teeth that apparently dont even exist yet. Since you dont know then I wondered whether you might have horizontally impacted wisdom teeth and hence why you dont see anything. Google this and see what that looks like on an x-ray. I still have one lower wisdom tooth which, just by looking inside my mouth, there is nothing but smooth flat gum as though no tooth had ever existed there, but the tooth is lying flat inside just below the surface. This situation can give rise or eventually give rise to hidden problems or problems in the future which can cause BB, like decay of adjacent teeth which are being impacted against, or cause the gum seal nearby to "fail" and let germs get in and cause obvious problems that can lead to BB.
stuffysbb
Total Newbie

Post by stuffysbb »

halitosisux wrote:stuffy, the point of my question is that dentists dont just decide to remove wisdom teeth for nothing. So I wondered whether your dentist might have told you why they might contemplating the removal of teeth that apparently dont even exist yet. Since you dont know then I wondered whether you might have horizontally impacted wisdom teeth and hence why you dont see anything. Google this and see what that looks like on an x-ray. I still have one lower wisdom tooth which, just by looking inside my mouth, there is nothing but smooth flat gum as though no tooth had ever existed there, but the tooth is lying flat inside just below the surface. This situation can give rise or eventually give rise to hidden problems or problems in the future which can cause BB, like decay of adjacent teeth which are being impacted against, or cause the gum seal nearby to "fail" and let germs get in and cause obvious problems that can lead to BB.
well he told me that they are not causeing me problems now but once they start growing they will.. and that basically to avoid the problem by having them pulled now. i have seen the x rays of my teeth and they are vertical .. they are normal. it seems weird to me because my old dentist always told me i didnt need my teeth pulled because i had room for them.. then i go to a new one and he wants to pull them.. its not an issue cause my insurence is goin to pay for.. well most of it anyways.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

stuffysbb wrote:it seems weird to me because my old dentist always told me i didnt need my teeth pulled because i had room for them.. then i go to a new one and he wants to pull them.. its not an issue cause my insurence is goin to pay for.. well most of it anyways.
Actually it doesn't really seem weird to me that your new dentist wants to pull them. In my opinion, wisdom teeth removal are one of those surgeries dentist like to do because it makes them money. Of course there are valid reasons why wisdom teeth need to come out sometimes (like if they are impacted, or if there is no room for them) but not everyone has these problems.

In my case, I went to my dentist to ask about wisdom teeth removal because I had read on the internet that it might cure my bad breath. But I didn't tell my dentist that's the reason I wanted them out, because I actually wanted him to help me (I was afraid if I told him the real reason he wouldn't help me). So anyway, he took an x-ray of my mouth and found that the two bottom wisdom teeth were completely horizontal, but the top two were vertical and fine. Funny thing is I wasn't even having problems with the bottom two. Everything felt fine with them.

Even though only two of my wisdom teeth were technically problematic, my dentist recommended that I have all 4 of them removed at the same time. I find this kinda weird because most people don't have all 4 wisdom teeth out at once, especially if not all of them are problematic. Anyway, that's why I think sometimes dentist are eager to do the surgery, because it's just another source of revenue for them....

But good luck with it though. Wisdom teeth aren't really necessary to have, so I don't think it's really hurts anything to have them removed, so it's worth trying it. And you get to eat ice cream and soup for a week.... :lol:
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Ok, so here is what I think you are saying... that because your dentist thinks you have general overcrowding of your teeth, he wants to remove your perfectly formed but as yet unerupted wisdom teeth as a preventitive measure to avoid problems which he can forsee happening in the future?

I've never heard of a dentist removing teeth which look at though they will eventually erupt, before they've even erupted, since this is a much more complicated procedure. Could it be that he wants to remove other molars to make room? I know when I was in my early teens my dentist strongly advised me to remove other teeth to make room because she said I'd have problems in the future, but dentists at the time were later found to be making lots of money doing unnecessary work, which my parents suspected and declined permission to have this done. MY GOD if only they had listened.
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

I have 3 impacted wisdom teeth.:shock: I just saw my x-rays today at my orthodontist’s office. The 2 upper teeth are imbedded in the jawbone and the lower left one is completely horizontal. The fourth one (right side) never developed. My old orthodontist wanted me to have them removed before I had my braces put on in case they erupted and caused my teeth to shift and to prevent future problems. I said no to that because I’ve never had any issues with them. I’ve never paid any attention to my wisdom teeth before but now I’m kinda worried. My current orthodontist says to leave them alone.:-k
stuffysbb
Total Newbie

Post by stuffysbb »

caramiamine98 wrote:I have 3 impacted wisdom teeth.:shock: I just saw my x-rays today at my orthodontist’s office. The 2 upper teeth are imbedded in the jawbone and the lower left one is completely horizontal. The fourth one (right side) never developed. My old orthodontist wanted me to have them removed before I had my braces put on in case they erupted and caused my teeth to shift and to prevent future problems. I said no to that because I’ve never had any issues with them. I’ve never paid any attention to my wisdom teeth before but now I’m kinda worried. My current orthodontist says to leave them alone.:-k
see thats crazy. we seem to get different opinions from different ppl. i saw just remove them and get it over with .. u might not have problems with them in the future but then again u might.. and just get it over with and get them taken out.
this is just me talkin though ! :D
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@caramiamine do u taste any skanky shitty kinda sour taste coming from anywhere near that horizontal bottom left impacted one?

I would never advise anyone to remove any wisdom teeth unless you have strange nasal odours which are possibly connected to the upper wisdom teeth (incase they have invaded the sinuses and causing infection in there) or you get clearly strange tastes and/or odours around the bottom ones or nearby molars (which can be easily mistaken for general overally shitty taste because its near the back of your mouth).

The reason why i've ever previously advised anyone to remove wisdom teeth without any apparent reason to do so is purely because of what happened to "cured" where he had nothing to suggest there was anything AT ALL wrong with his wisdom teeth, of which even his own dentist tried to deter him. Yet it turned out that they were the cause. Cured's symptoms were much more baffling and perplexing than mine ever were.
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Stuffysbb,

My former orthodontist wanted to remove 7 of my teeth (3 wisdom teeth and 4 premolars). He wanted the premolars out to make room for when my teeth shifted around when I had braces. The whole prospect was too overwhelming for me so I ended up not going through with it. It seemed to be just too much at the time. I ended up moving away anyway so I never did get braces from him. The whole thing seemed kinda unnecessary and I’m not sure how cute I’d be with no teeth! (just kidding) :)

H,

I’ve never had problems with my wisdom teeth. No pain or infection or swelling. No nasal odours or sinus issues. When I run my finger over the area there is no bad smell or bad taste from it. All the teeth are completely below the gumline. I have another appointment with my current orthodontist so I’ll take another look at the x-ray. If he lets me take it home I’ll try and scan it. Cheers C
kimmieA
Total Newbie

Post by kimmieA »

For me, it wasn't my wisdom teeth at all. I had mine out, but it didn't cure the problem. I wasn't sure what else to do. I was even embarrassed to go to the dentist! I do have 2 fillings, not because of cavities, but because I had deep grooves in my teeth. Mine aren't metal, either. Is this really a cause?
---
Kimmie
RFID Tags
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic