Your Email Address:

First Name:

Health Care Reform In America

Stupid posts goes here - Feed it to the frogs?
Wait frogs? What the hell. Only the frogs will read them.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Health Care Reform In America

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Well this doesn't really have anything to do with bad breath, but it does have to do with the medical industry, which should be helping people with bad breath anyway.

So, for anyone living in America (or anyone who is interested in American politics), what do you think about the new legislation that was just passed? Agree, disagree, don't care??? Just curious to hear some opinions.

seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

I don't think I like it but we will have to see what the future holds. Everyone will receive health care and everyone will be required to have health insurance, but I can imagine the chaos in hospitals and doctor's office with the exponential increase in people requesting health care. People might not even actually receive health care because of the shortage of health care workers. There will of course be an increase in more doctors, nurses and health care workers to make up for the demand but I can also imagine the unqualified professionals being hired to treat people. Doctors, nurses and pharmacists all require rigorous schooling and training for a reason.

I believe this will really hurt the economy. Employers will be required to give every employee health insurance. This requirement will just cut employees' salaries. Everybody will receive health care, but at the end payment for the poor who can't afford health care and expensive treatments are really paid by high insurance premiums that we will all be required to have. It'll be like another set of payment like car or home insurance we will have to pay that most people do not use. Probably something like 90% of the cost of health treatment will be used by 5% of people but we will all have to pay pretty much the same amount for health insurance. In addition, health insurance cost or tax will also factor in the free coverage for the poor. And you know how expensive health care can get. So really, the middle class takes it up the ass again.
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

I think everyone deserves the right to health care and I mean everyone......drug addicts, alcoholics etc. Although if it came down to someone needing a transplant I do believe they need to be at the bottom of the list.

I don't think someone should have the burden of not having health care when they are fighting cancer or something like that.

I do believe this will never work b/c there are to many scammers out there and not enough people willing to help one another.

Susie

One more thing......I really give Obama full credit for trying! If you don't try something you will never know if it might work or not. I might even vote for him next time......wow did I just type that lol
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

I think we should let some time pass and see what happens. The fact is, the same arguments that people are hearing now were said back when the government enacted medicare/medicaid. It's been more than forty years since that passed and the health care system didn't collapse.

I agree that everyone should be entitled to affordable health care. It's really sad when you see someone dying of some treatable condition just because they can't afford to pay the medical costs....And let's face it, insurance companies are not going to regulate themselves. They are not concerned in the slightest about someones life, they are only concerned about their bottom line.
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

I'm surprised more people don't act crazy toward insurance companies. I've heard some horror stories of people getting denied. I think I might be a little psycho if I couldn't get treatment b/c the insurance people were being greedy haha

Does anyone remember the movie The rainmaker with Matt Damon? This is what these greedy insurance companies are capable of.

Susie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic