Your Email Address:

First Name:

important information for candida sufferers

Stupid posts goes here - Feed it to the frogs?
Wait frogs? What the hell. Only the frogs will read them.
chiki89
Junior

important information for candida sufferers

Post by chiki89 »

Thought this article might be helpful for some of you:

http://www.puristat.com/candida/endocrinefactor.aspx

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This is interesting. Strange how children dont get any BO until they hit puberty, and it relates to hormones. And yet some people get terrible BO and some dont get any at all. Anyone ever wondered whether the same thing is going on with chronic BB? The age of BB onset seems to be usually around puberty too.
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

Yeah. I think for some people it definitely has to do with a hormonal imbalance that takes place during puberty, well at least I think that's my case.But maybe
I'm wrong. I'm also considering having low stomach acid, since fungus is more likely to grow in a less acidic environment.I've been taking anti-fungals and that's the only thing that seems to be working for me. I still have 4 days left of fluconazole and I have seen a big change, yet I can't say I'm totally cured.
Hmm I do wonder though if there are more women than men suffering from bb, or is it an even count?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Ouch my eyes :shock:
Not been much feedback or updates yet on the use of antifungals considering how many people are supposedly trying them at the moment. Are you also taking the Metronidazole too?

I've not heard anyone yet say they are taking measures to increase their stomach acid while trying the antifungal and/or antibiotics incase they have SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) due to low acidity. Because even if the fluco/metro combination reduces the SIBO and you still have low acidity as the cause of this, then the SIBO is likely to resume back to where it was before the treatment. And likewise, if you only take measures to increase acidity then because the SIBO has already established itself, the increase in acidity alone might not be enough to reverse the SIBO situation.

I think the BB count between male and females is roughly the same, but lets remember that most cases of BB are due to dental problems so that's going to average things out evenly. There may only be a very tiny proportion of the population with the type of chronic BB that seems to plague most ppl on here, but going by the male to female ratio on this site, its also pretty much an even count.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

halitosisux wrote:
I've not heard anyone yet say they are taking measures to increase their stomach acid while trying the antifungal and/or antibiotics incase they have SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) due to low acidity.
While i'm not taking any antifungal/antibiotics at the moment, i've taken measures to increase my stomach acid. I'm taking alot of Apple Cider Vinegar every meal, and taking bitters/ginger which supposedly helps produce more acid, and i can say for sure that it helps, my mouth is less dry and feels more fresh despite eating junk food and chocolate everyday.

My current approach is to do everything i can to increase my stomach acid but sadly, there really isn't more i can do to my knowledge. Maybe a certain combination of products for stomach acid and eating foods that don't require as much acid could do the trick. But this is such an impossible task considering i can't measure the acidity in my stomach, and i know very little about digestion, etc, etc.

ps: why is this thread in "Nonsense Posts" ?
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

lol
I'm only doing fluconazole. I ordered betaine hcl though and I'm gonna pick it up thursday which will be my last day of fluconazole also and see if I could possibly have low stomach acid causing my yeast infection =/ . Oh and on the bright side my breath seems better than yest :P[/img][/list][/code]
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

Archimonde:

Have you taken betaine hcl before?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Archi good to hear from you again. I've been wanting to know what you think about hypochlorhydria as a possibility for causing BB.

I think it was you who said that some kind of vinegar improved your BB around a year ago.

I think its worthwhile getting clued up on this whole subject because as an underlying cause of so many possible health problems, chronic BB is right up there as a possible symptom.

Chiki make sure you get the Betaine HCL that comes with the important enzymes in them and if nothing happens with the fluconazole its worth trying a course of metronidazole (or whatever else is appropriate) to rule out small intestinal bacteria overgrowth caused by hypochlorhydria.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

halitosisux wrote: I've been wanting to know what you think about hypochlorhydria as a possibility for causing BB.
I've been reading about hypochlorhydria in the last couple of days, it's incredible all the problems it can cause. So i'm taking hypochlorhydria very seriously.

Like i said, i'm taking ACV, B12 and ginger. I've started eating pineapple today (contains enzymes that break down proteins, chefs use pineapple juice to tenderize meat) and i'll buy HCL supps tomorrow. So i'll be pretty much taking everything that is known to help digestion. Diet: meat, fruit, veggies, low in grains, no dairy. I'll try that for a month, we shall see.
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

Okay I will thanks.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

=P~
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

lol
Oh I have also noticed every time I eat eggs it worsens my breath what can that possibly mean?
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

EGGS = CYSTEINE = BAD BREATH WAITING TO HAPPEN!

Some foods, like eggs and YOGURT (For all you Yeast people) contain extremely high amounts of a VSC producing amino acid called cysteine. In fact, this acid is found in most food rich in protein. The difference with eggs is that the cysteine is processed rather efficiently so it's like taking an anti-breath spray.

EVER SMELL A ROTTEN EGG?

Don't mean to scare you because eggs are soooo good for you but they are just about the worst thing you can eat for bad breath
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

Jeez I think I'll stay away from eggs for a while. hehe.
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

I had the exact same problem with eggs. My BB could fill a room after eating just 1 egg. I also had problems with beans and anything made with soy. Following a low sulphur diet can be very helpful for people with yeast issues.

http://livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnet ... food-list/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic