Your Email Address:

First Name:

This guy claims to cure his fecal breath.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
me
Advanced

This guy claims to cure his fecal breath.

Post by me »

Ok so I found this post on curezone.org
I had fecal breath odor for YEARS. Talked to many doctors who I am sure thought that I was crazy....I finally had an upper endoscopy from a gastroenterologist surgeon at a major medical university on the west coast. She took biopsies from my esophagus where she noticed "reddish, juicy areas" (as she described them) and had them analyzed. Turns out that I have had an esophageal infection for YEARS,,, it was the bug called Serratia Marcescens,,, she put me on a 3 month duration of Bactrim DS (double-strength)antibiotic....had me crush and gargle the pills because taking them whole didn't cure the infection at first....Post this everywhere you know to help people!! thanks..... PS here is a website with information on Serratia Marcescens:
http://www.serratia-marcescens.org/treatment.cfm
Has anyone tried this Bactrim DS?

Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Wonder if we should all be tested for this.

Susie
rdamech

Post by rdamech »

I tried clicking on the link and needed to enter a username and password. There is no way to look at this website.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I searched curezone to find the author of that post and i just sent him/her an email to ask if he's still cured. I'll let you know if i ever hear from that person. He's only made one post and that was a year ago so i might never hear from him.

Anyway, as usual i'm sure there are people here who will give that antibiotics a try so we should know soon if this works.
carrie
Total Newbie

Post by carrie »

Does anyone know how these infections occur? Is there anyway to avoid them?
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

It's interesting that this guy had an infection in his esophagus too that was causing bad breath. Even though his infection and my infection were different, it was still an infection in the esophagus....

I'm beginning to think bad breath really just boils down to micro-organisims causing it. Either an imbalance of bacteria or yeast in your mouth, in your esophagus, in your sinuses, in your stomach, or in your intestines, it seems like it's always the same thing....Almost everything people have mentioned on this forum, bacteria or yeast seems to be at the root of bad breath. Think about it...

The tongue - Imbalance of bacteria which produce overabundance of VSCs that cause bad breath. Imbalance of yeast on tongue can also cause bad breath. Both can cause tongue coating that's nearly impossible to get off. Also, xerostomia (dry mouth) creates an environment in the mouth where anaerobic bacteria on the tongue can multiply much faster. Of course these bacteria produce VSCs which cause bad breath.

Teeth/Gums - An infected tooth or gum disease can cause bad breath, both caused by bacteria.

Wisdom Teeth - They get impacted, which allows for a build up of bacteria to form around them. Also they can cause infection. Again, bacteria are to blame. This causes bad breath.

Tonsils - Tonsils get infected all the time. Tonsils collect tonsil stones, which are just food particles that get stuck in the crevices, and then it rots and bacteria feeds on it. Again, all of this can cause bad breath.

Post Nasal Drip - Mucus drips down from the sinuses onto the back of the tongue, which provides food for the anaerobic bacteria to feed on. They produce VSCs, which means more bad breath.

Sinuses - Bacterial or fungal infections can cause sinusitis, rhinitis, etc, which can lead to bad breath from the sinuses.

Esophagus - Yeah, i've said enough about this one.....

Stomach - H. Pylori Bacteria can cause ulcers, which in turn can cause bad breath. Too much acid production can lead to GERD/acid reflux, which can damage the esophageal sphincter, allowing food mixed with stomach acid to be washed back up into the lower esophagus which damages it. Ok, so nothing to do with bacteria or fungus, but the PPI medications that people take can lead to bacterial or yeast overgrowth because they lower the amount of stomach acid which is needed to kill off these micro-organisms. Also, Achlorhydria is when not enough stomach acid is produced which can cause food not to be digested properly before moving to the intestines, which in turn can lead to a bacterial overgrowth in the small intestines or a yeast overgrowth in the large intestines. Again, this can lead to bad breath.

Intestines - Again, SIBO, or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in the small intestines can cause bad breath. Or a yeast overgrowth in the large intestines can cause bad breath. Also, leaky gut, IBS, Chron's disease, etc have all been linked to either bacteria or yeast in some way. Again, they can all cause bad breath.

See any patterns here?

But I think there are some things that are not directly linked to bacteria or yeast. For instance TMAU seems to be a metabolic issue. And of course halitophobia is a psychological condition. Hmm, what else does not have bacteria or yeast at it's root in some way....
mitc

Post by mitc »

I had fecal breath odor for YEARS. Talked to many doctors who I am sure thought that I was crazy....I finally had a friend who suffers too, send me a eBook he bought 5 or 6 months ago he ask me how his breath smelt and didn’t smell a thing. He said the eBook amongst much else had him stop eating dairy food/ soft drinks and coffee/tea. So I’m like reading it and doing all the stuff it says to do. Thinking this has to be bull. But after a few days my tongue started turning red and felt nice. I worked up the courage to ask a friend how my breath smelt and he’s like I don’t smell anything. Now I’m thinking all those years of humiliation and I could have solved it ffs! There’s a site about it called Badhalitosisbreath. Com. When I read the site I felt sorry for the guy as he clearly had a real tough time with his bad breath, which pretty much ruined his school years. At lest he found a way to beat his bad breath and is letting others know how. Post this everywhere to help people!! Thanks
me
Advanced

Post by me »

I dont belive that bacteria in the mouth has anything to do with fecal breath. I think that althoug bacteria in the mouth can cause lousy breath, I don't think it causes fecal breath. It's my understanding that good bacteria in the intestines breaks down foods creating gas. So I'm wondering if we have some kind of bad bacteria in our digestive system that's causing our farts to come out of our mouth and nose. Wish someone here would give this Bactrim Ds a try. I would do it myself if I wasn't completly broke!!

I had fecal breath odor for YEARS. Talked to many doctors who I am sure thought that I was crazy....I finally had a friend who suffers too, send me a eBook he bought 5 or 6 months ago he ask me how his breath smelt and didn’t smell a thing. He said the eBook amongst much else had him stop eating dairy food/ soft drinks and coffee/tea. So I’m like reading it and doing all the stuff it says to do. Thinking this has to be bull. But after a few days my tongue started turning red and felt nice. I worked up the courage to ask a friend how my breath smelt and he’s like I don’t smell anything. Now I’m thinking all those years of humiliation and I could have solved it ffs! There’s a site about it called Badhalitosisbreath. Com. When I read the site I felt sorry for the guy as he clearly had a real tough time with his bad breath, which pretty much ruined his school years. At lest he found a way to beat his bad breath and is letting others know how. Post this everywhere to help people!! Thanks
What we eat definitely affects how much our breath smells. I think that some foods make are gasses smell worst therefore making our breath to be more noticable.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

For anyone that doubts that their oral bacteria can cause fecal or whatever odour their breath smells of, try incubating some and see what happens.

Simple to try, just get a small sterile plastic container, preferably with a lid. Then try to gather some mucus from your throat and allow your oral bacteria to mix in with it. Do this a few times until you gather enough into the container. You'll notice it doesnt smell all that much at this stage. Put the lid on and put it somewhere warm for about 3 hours.

Be prepared for the stench, it'll turn your stomach. In my case the odour was IDENTICAL to the smell coming from my BB. It would be interesting to hear what anyone else finds if they try this.

This test doesnt prove that your oral bacteria is responsible for your case of BB, it just proves that it is capable of being so.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I had sent an email 2 months ago to the person on curezone who got cured, i finally got a reply. Here it is:

" I had an upper endoscopy at UCLA.. My doc noticed an inflamed area (pinkish and "ooozey") of my esophagus.... A tissue was sampled and tested, and that's where the Serratia Marcescens bacteria was found. It may not be in a visible area of your throat!

I was first prescribed two rounds of Bactrim DS which did not solve the problem. I went back to my gastroenterologist with that info. and she prescribed the antibiotic Levaquin which has solved the problem. A very expensive drug.
"

ps: everyone on this forum say they have tried everything but that is simply not true. This thread was made 3 months ago and i bet no one (including me) has tried what this person did to cure himself. I'm not lecturing anyone here, i'm in no position to do that, just saying that we need to try harder and stop whining/feeling sorry for oneself. There is hope.
hitler

Post by hitler »

Due to its ubiquitous presence in the environment, and its preference for damp conditions, S. marcescens is commonly found growing in bathrooms (especially on tile grout, shower corners, toilet water line, and basin), where it manifests as a pink discoloration and slimy film feeding off phosphorus-containing materials or fatty substances such as soap and shampoo residue. Once established, complete eradication of the organism is often difficult, but can be accomplished by application of a bleach-based disinfectant. Rinsing and drying surfaces after use can also prevent the establishment of the bacteria by removing its food source and making the environment less hospitable.

do not drink bleach!!! :D
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

hitler wrote:Due to its ubiquitous presence in the environment, and its preference for damp conditions, S. marcescens is commonly found growing in bathrooms (especially on tile grout, shower corners, toilet water line, and basin), where it manifests as a pink discoloration and slimy film feeding off phosphorus-containing materials or fatty substances such as soap and shampoo residue. Once established, complete eradication of the organism is often difficult, but can be accomplished by application of a bleach-based disinfectant. Rinsing and drying surfaces after use can also prevent the establishment of the bacteria by removing its food source and making the environment less hospitable.

do not drink bleach!!! :D
Oh god seriously...Please nobody drink bleach.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

[quote="I was first prescribed two rounds of Bactrim DS which did not solve the problem. I went back to my gastroenterologist with that info. and she prescribed the antibiotic Levaquin which has solved the problem. A very expensive drug.[/b] "

quote]

KT09- can you get this drug where you live?

Is anyone thinking of trying it?
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

mindyb wrote:KT09- can you get this drug where you live? Is anyone thinking of trying it?
Umm, perhaps you should e-mail me directly or PM me if you wanted to ask that question, otherwise Jimi will freak out.
Ash

Post by Ash »

Levofloxacin is notorious for it's toxicity I would be reluctant to try that. Besides, if metronidazole works then clearly it's anaerobic bacteria that are the problem, levofloxacin is not as active against anaerobic bacteria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic