Your Email Address:

First Name:

bb and bowel movements

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
macks86
Junior

bb and bowel movements

Post by macks86 »

sorry to be graphic, but i was wondering if there is anything related between these two. i sh*t an abnormal amount of time per day, probably about 6 or 7 and almost always immediatewly after eating, and has been like this for years as far as i can remeber. and of course it isnt supposed ot smell of roses but mine just smells foul. could it be related to my bb? like an overload of nacteria or something

i had a parasite test a few fews back that camee back egative, but my nutritionist did say its not always 100% accurate

well, just hoping.

ayone else have same problem?

KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

I think you probably just have a high metabolism macks86, which causes you to have more frequent bowel movements. As far as the foul smell, it's probably something in your diet that's causing it. Try taking chlorophyll supplements, they are pretty good at deodorizing things in that regards, or you could try eliminating certain foods until you find the culprit as to what's making your bowel movements smell foul.

I would imagine that frequent bowel movements would actually relieve bad breath rather than cause it.

It's no secret that constipation can lead to bad breath because the waste just sits in the intestines and rots, causing bacteria and yeasts to multiply which in turn release toxins into the body.

To be candid, I usually have a bowel movement in the morning when I wake up, and maybe one more time sometime during the day or evening, but I've never been able to have more than 3 a day (unless I was sick and had diarrhea or something, which is not a good thing). Back before I changed my lifestyle around, I used to go 3 or 4 days without having a bowel movement sometimes. It was very unhealthy and I always felt bloated. But when I changed my diet and lifestyle around, I started having regular bowel movements everyday. Basically I drink at least 2 liters of water per day, exercise, and eat a lot of fiber (primarily from brown rice) and that seems to do the trick.
zacmac
Total Newbie

Post by zacmac »

Hi,
I think you should get it checked out. It's not normal to go to the loo that often and the fact you're going directly after you eat suggests it's a reaction. My husband had the same symptoms for about three years, lost weight and in the end got very ill before he was diagnosed with crohns disease. And his breath was bad while he was ill, now there's no problem at all. I'm not saying that's what you've got but bad breath can be caused by something going inside your stomach. Hope that helps without worrying you.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

IBS perhaps?
hopefulasever
Total Newbie

I think they are related

Post by hopefulasever »

I have similar symptoms like what macks86 described. I also strongly believe that this is related to halitosis.
The reason being, I tried Probiotics around four months back for the first time to cure my bad breath.
And I found out that, this has not only cured my bad breath (though temporarily) but it also cured my bowel movement. This lasted for around 3 weeks and after
that the old symptoms started to appear. As soon as my bb reappeared, I also started to have bowel movement.
macks86, are you still having bb and bowel movement.
aydinmur
God

Re: bb and bowel movements

Post by aydinmur »

macks86 wrote:sorry to be graphic, but i was wondering if there is anything related between these two. ..snip..
Dear macks86
Yes. There is well described relation between bad breath and abnormal gut peristaltism. Dont look for any other reason for your bad breath.

How old are you?, how long have you suffered from much defecation? is this problem familial? or individual? Is your stool usually wet ? Do you have any digestive problem? Alcohol / cigar? Abnormal nutritional habits? such as always fast food, quick eat meals? Neurologic predispositions? such as nervous, insomnia. Is there any drug you use every day? Do you eat same food every day? Which oil do you consume, olive oil is the best. Most important question is what s your stool pH ?
- Murat
macks86
Junior

Post by macks86 »

hi thanks for replies

ayidinmur, i am 24 and have had this as long as my bb i guess, since about 13/14. problem not familial. stool usually wet, with a horrendous smell. no problems digesting. eat very well. no sugar/ dairy/ wheat/ try and avoid meats, red meats at least. only have vitamans. i was tested for parasites a couple of years back but was negative so my nutritionist just said it was normal. how to i investiage this further?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

macks86 wrote:hi thanks for replies

ayidinmur, i am 24 and have had this as long as my bb i guess, since about 13/14. problem not familial. stool usually wet, with a horrendous smell. no problems digesting. eat very well. no sugar/ dairy/ wheat/ try and avoid meats, red meats at least. only have vitamans. i was tested for parasites a couple of years back but was negative so my nutritionist just said it was normal. how to i investiage this further?
What is 13/14 ?
Do you have any digestive problem? Alcohol / cigar? Neurologic predispositions? such as nervous, insomnia. Is there any drug you use every day? Do you use amino acid or protein pills? Do you eat same food every day? what is your stool pH ? Answer all questions please if possible.
- Murat
macks86
Junior

Post by macks86 »

hi 13/14 was when i was first awar eof my bb, so its been about 10/11 years

no abnormal neurologicla disorders i can think of, ecept very nervous generally becuase of being aware of BB. no drug i use everday, no amino acid or protein pills, pretty much the same food most days, no idea what my stool ph is. do not smoke cigars or take alchol, if i take alchol my breat immeadiately smells fecal, no digestive problems i think think of...for exmaple?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sorry to go off the subject slightly here.

Murat, I think you could help a lot of people on here if they could be seen by you in person.

What are the feasibilites of this happening? I've been saying it to myself for years how much this problem needs an expert just like you to help pinpoint a person's individual cause.

Sorry if this has all been mentioned and made clear already, I just felt I needed to ask the question because so far I havent seen anything on this.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote: I think you could help a lot of people on here if they could be seen by you in person. What are the feasibilites of this happening?
Dear Halitosisux,,
You always ask felicitous questions.

Halitosis is very specific disorder. Current date, neither doctors nor medical laboratuars have enough experience and information to treat or truely diagnose halitosis. Ent, gastro doctors and dentists pass the halitosis patients to each other. People draw zig zag between doctors, herbalists, twisters and money traps. Less patients can be satisfactory cured.

Im not expert but trying to help people who suffer from halitosis. Some times, people ask me questions with email from other corner of the world. If a good cooperation can be established, I try to cure somes of them via internet. Yes. Somes were healed, they are glad, somes not.

Im here because I need to learn what halitosis patients do or think.

- Murat
macks86
Junior

Post by macks86 »

r u able to provide anymore info with me?

thanks

max
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

macks86 wrote:r u able to provide anymore info with me?
thanks
max
No.
You didnt answer my all questions. I dont see enough cooperation.
- Murat
macks86
Junior

Post by macks86 »

well if you scroll up i think i appear to have answered all of your questions, being able to provide any help on what i have given you would be apprecaitve, rather than an outright no
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Murat, thanks for your reply.
We should try making a petition to the UK NHS to ask for a dedicated centre to be established for people with seemingly incalcitrant breath and body odour problems - at least to raise awareness and bring it to attention. Ask them to look at this website and other related sites, etc.

This isnt just about odours, its about serious mental torture. Only someone who goes through this experience knows the impact it has.

We have a right to care and to the same dignity as ALL other illnesses and maladies. We're totally on our own and this isnt right. We get passed around because nobody want the burden and responsibilty of getting involved in and wasting resources on something regarded as a cosmetic issue which can be difficult to determine the cause of, once initiated.

And yet, even so, look at how many cosmetically related issues are dealt with for FREE in the health service - PURELY because enough attention was raised at some point. But who complains about ODOURS? NOBODY does because this crushing problem just creates despair upon despair as our spirits are broken with each new disappointment.

I'm not asking for research, im asking for a facility like all other facilities in the health service - where you can walk in and be assessed, and whatever diagnostics it is determined that we need, WE GET.

There are so many different causes of BB. Most people on here probably dont need any miraculous discoveries to be made in medicine for their cure. Just someone with the right expertise to go through all the likely possibilites one by one, until the cause is stumbled upon. And if not then at least you know where you stand and be able to accept this situation and know that you've done everything possible.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic