Your Email Address:

First Name:

WHITE TONGUE & SALT ?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
deebo

WHITE TONGUE & SALT ?

Post by deebo »

Hey BB folks. I went to my weekly movie yesterday . Since I'm on the raw 811 diet ,i snuck a big bag o black grapes in to munch during the film and avoid temptation of an old fave ...Popcorn . I was enjoying the movie and grapes and the guy couple next to me eating popcorn see me eating grapes out of my bag . The combination of being temptation and scorn prompted me to break diet and get popcorn . I ate it . It was Dam tasty ,but the Salt !!

By the middle of the movie ,my lips were sore from the salt . Now for the last weeks ive had white tongue plus geo tongue to varying degrees non-stop. I gently scrape and brush it daily but it persists . Before I left my car in the i checked .. still white . Anyway.. I havent had this much sodium in over a month and when i came back to my car i check my sore lips,,they looked ok ,but my Tongue ! Totally normal !! Pinker than I seen it in a Long while .

I will try this again in a few days if the white tongue returns (otherwise still 100% raw )but has anyone had experience with this b4 ? I just read part of a post about baking soad in myntz (mints) maybe that'll work too . Anyway ..please share your experience with me . Thanks

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Is this diet 100% raw? If so, are you on this diet purely for the sake of it being a raw diet and the fact you have heard it can reduce BB, or is there some kind of theory behind the reason you are trying it?

You'll be dead in about 60 days on a 100% raw diet.
deebo

Post by deebo »

halitosisux wrote:
You'll be dead in about 60 days on a 100% raw diet.

no offence hali ,please list your sources and how you deem this a logical conclusion . My purpose is to reduce bb/bo .

Btw i woke up this am ,tongue still nice and pink .Another member posted rubbing HCl acid pills directly on the tongue ! I think salt may work in that manner but to a lesser degree . maybe i'll try putting salt on without swallowing it next time .
Last edited by deebo on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

salt is suppose to be a yeast inhibitor so i can see how this works
deebo

Post by deebo »

hali_grl wrote:salt is suppose to be a yeast inhibitor so i can see how this works
i can see what you mean hali . this may be a sign that its a candida overgrowth issue . btw , how are the raw foods coming ? any good green smoothies yet ?
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

Im taking the mauka honey and ive read on curezone ppl had good results doing it on the candida diet so thats the diet im on right now Im going to see how this comes along i maybe crazy but my bb seems greatly reduced. i found out yesterday that swishing the honey around my mouth for about 20-30 sec and swallowing works the best for my breath but im still adding some on a pc of wheat pita to treat any digestive issues. ive noticed i have to use the restroom twice a day now & my #2's are smelling alot worst so im guessing its killing of all kinds of micro's that are releasing toxins inside.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

No offence to you either deebo.
But, depending on who you want to believe, humans cannot live on raw food. The frying pan has become our second stomach and we've evolved to no longer produce the enzymes that are able to digest raw foods. Your brain gives in because your body is being deprived. You'll make yourself ill. Why do you think that everyone on here who has tried it has had to stop?

I know that raw foods reduce BB for some people. This might be happening because the types of foods eaten on a raw diet help to clean the mouth out, just like an apple is known to do. Or it's because you there's some kind of metabolic problem, such as TMAU, and that raw foods are able to have an impact in the same way that diets which help TMAU sufferers can do. The mechanisms of TMAU are understood and that's why it's been possible to devise a specific diet aimed at reducing the intake of choline, which in most cases will be able to reduce the odour.

If a TMAU sufferer just blindly ate raw foods, they could even make their problem worse because certain vegetables and fruits for example can reduce the effect of the enzymes that would normally deal with trimethylamine in the bloodtream.

Just blindly going on these diets is dangerous unless you are able to pinpoint which foods actually make your problem worse and then gradually learn which foods are ok and which foods you need to avoid.

Just going on a raw diet for the sake of it being raw and not even knowing how or why it's meant to help anyone, let alone someone with bad breath, is pure nonsense.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

your right when i went raw i felt very weak and tired which is why i gave up and became scared of retrying. thats why ive decided to just eliminate sugar, fermented foods, dairy, and gluten i still have energy from the fat and protein I get from meat i have a couple steaks marinating now to throw on the grill this is much better for me and i still eating salads for lunch everyday.
deebo

Post by deebo »

halitosisux wrote:No offence to you either deebo.
But, depending on who you want to believe, humans cannot live on raw food. ...
I know that raw foods reduce BB for some people. This might be happening because the types of foods eaten on a raw diet help to clean the mouth out, just like an apple is known to do. ......
If a TMAU sufferer just blindly ate raw foods, they could even make their problem worse because certain vegetables and fruits for example can reduce the effect of the enzymes that would normally deal with trimethylamine in the bloodtream.

Just blindly going on these diets is dangerous unless you are able to pinpoint which foods actually make your problem worse and then gradually learn which foods are ok and which foods you need to avoid.

Just going on a raw diet for the sake of it being raw and not even knowing how or why it's meant to help anyone, let alone someone with bad breath, is pure nonsense.

I'm not going to debate with you Sux. I'll just say that to deem raw food impossible to thrive on is nonsense . I get that any diet can be done wrong . When you say enzymes maybe you meant stomach acid . (?) Yes , most westerners don't produce much on a modern diet ,but my acid has built way up over the weeks due to greens . The interim is(was) that weird time of crazy cravings ,weakness, dizziness..etc that comes with transition or improper diet. I'm over that part and now have it dialed .

Yep , since I dont have insurance to test a million things yet plus the desperation of dealing with BB ,I jumped on the 100% raw band wagon . Dumb move ? maybe so . Any better suggestions ? I got the raw advice from Jim and others . I figured i could fine tune the diet compared to what they did wrong. its working great so far . I've been long term raw before so your "60 days" comment falls on deaf ears . Money and calories were the biggest issues . i mean ,, there are thousands of raw vegan folks Thriving out there ,right ?

I'm trying my best to fix bb like you & everybody else here. I'll consider advice from you and others .Its just harder to swallow when you use absolute like "You'll be dead in about 60 days on a 100% raw diet." . I'm trying to be realistic ,positive and think critically about my plight . I'd suggest the same to you friend .
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

thats right dee if it works for you more power to ya i say stick with it and see where it takes you. this diet is not for everybody but i don't believe its impossible or life threatening either as with everything you have your nays and yays but what dont kill ya only makes u stronger literally. stay strong dee much success! =D>
deebo

Post by deebo »

hali_grl wrote:thats right dee if it works for you more power to ya i say stick with it and see where it takes you. this diet is not for everybody but i don't believe its impossible or life threatening either as with everything you have your nays and yays but what dont kill ya only makes u stronger literally. stay strong dee much success! =D>
thanks Grl . Sux post had me in a little funk = /

Diets are really subjective . The raw 1 works if i work it ,i guess. No teeth issue that Jimi spoke of, no more weakness like i had. Anyway ,i'll give it at least another month since i'm doing awesome and getting in great shape . Haha ,, thanks to bb . thats funny .

great to hear the candida diet is improving you bb . Sounds similar to the adkins diet . What you said about your bf not sensing your bb til he got closer is what i'm noticing now too . Less room filling bb is such a good change !! I'm finally telling people about my bb issue. I'm cautious not to burden others chase them away with the whole history and pain (bb does that enough) like other users have posted about. Big load off and recommended .
Thanks for the manuka info .
halitosisux

Re: WHITE TONGUE & SALT ?

Post by halitosisux »

deebo wrote:I'm not going to debate with you Sux.
That's fine. Good luck with what you're doing.
deebo

Re: WHITE TONGUE & SALT ?

Post by deebo »

halitosisux wrote:
deebo wrote:I'm not going to debate with you Sux.
That's fine. Good luck with what you're doing.
Thanks . keep your great posts flowing ,i appreciate them . Hope to still be posting after the 60 days raw =)
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

Hope to still be posting after the 60 days raw =)
lol!
I dnt think its the diet this is only my 2nd day on it and ive done the diet to the T several times before no carbs at all but now i eat only whole wheat carbs. its a combo of the honey & tumeric but more so the honey.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks deebo. I completely understand why you'd want to do this diet. It's a relief to know that you appreciated the points I tried to make, right or wrong. Sorry if I sounded negative or put you off, but believe me that's the last thing I tried to do.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic