Your Email Address:

First Name:

h Pylori virus

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
TIRED
Advanced

h Pylori virus

Post by TIRED »

I am sure that you all have wrote about this already. I took antibiotics for it years ago and my bb did not go away, but recently I have been thinking that this is my problem because I went to a really good psychic and she told me that I have a lot of bacteria everywhere. Also, my husband never got treated for it so he most likely just gave this back to me.

Anyone ever try to get rid of this???

Here is a link to another forum with bb sufferers that had h pylori

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/helic ... F1C2LDU0MQ

TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

ps - i will try mastic gum, vit c and manuka honey, oh and cranberry juice or pills

maybe this is why people had luck with vit. c before???
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

How can there be people on here who still havent eliminated HP as a possible cause. Quite incredible really. Whoever it was who said they seem to be burping excessively, this is a common symptom of gastritis, and gastritis is a common symptom of HP infection. In order to eradicate HP, antibiotics alone are not enough. The acidity of the stomach needs to be reduced to increase the potency of the antibiotics sufficiently to kill off the HP. So just because you may have had antibiotics in the past, that doesnt mean anything.

Dont bother with mastic gum honey and all that nonsense. These will only weaken the HP at best. These are only effective in test tubes. You need to follow the proper guidelines using antibiotic therapy followed up by appropriate testing.
yeagermeister
Junior

Post by yeagermeister »

If antibiotics done kill it off, than what treatment works?
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

many people have said that h pylori comes back after treatment regardless of diet changes and that, so I why even try the antibiotics - like someone said it's a waste of time if you do not find out the cause or the reason for the constant relapses. I will speak to a doctor about this for sure, but if he can't convince me that the antibiotics are going to work then I will try the natural approach.

Hali - you need to learn how to be more sensitive when you write - all we need is another person putting us down.
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

Do you know if you have low stomach acid? That could be a cause..I think the reason why it comes back for some people is because it wasn't completeley eliminated in the first place or another family memeber has it but with no apparent symptoms.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I tell you what TIRED, for starters I dont need to learn anything off you. And secondly, I wont bother saying anything if it means I have to worry about upsetting idiots like you when I'm merely making a valid frustrated general point to everybody on here who hasnt yet ensured that HP isnt behind their BB - nothing was aimed at you. There are also other HP discussions presently going on in other threads. Like I'm here to put people down - my god are you stupid or what.

Yeagermeister, antibiotic therapy in combination with acid lowering medication is the only way anyone should need to consider regarding HP eradication. Initially its not always successful, and therefore it sometimes requires trying different antibiotic combinations. Quite often the infection resumes because of re-infection from other people or sources, even through sharing eating utensils. HP is common in dogs (probably why so many have BB) and other animals, and this is easily transferred to humans.

Finding out if you have HP is straightforward and no one needs to live in any doubt as to whether they have it or not. HP infection is totally treatable and totally diagnosible. And certainly no one needs to resort to any natural approaches.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

Hali - if you think you never put people down on this site you are the oblivious one. All you do, on every thread is act like you know it all, yet you don't have any clue how to get rid of your bad breath. You are one of those people that have such a low self esteem that you feel the need to put everyone down to make yourself look better only you look like a total ass to everyone.

I have tons of friends and a husband and three kids that love me - not to mention I love myself to much to let a self absorbed jerk/biatch like you mess with me - f off sister!
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

that felt GOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

\:D/
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

TIRED,
firstly, who are you calling sister? halitosisux is a guy. he's been cured for quite some time now and visits the site to offer all of us some real helpful and knowledgeable insight. furthermore, not only are his posts factually correct, but his opinions are well-researched and have helped many, including myself. if you wanna cure yourself of bb i would suggest taking some notes and applying what you learn on the forum.
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

after seeing my GE last week, I am feeling pretty confident that HP or some other gastric condition is behind my BB. It is unfortunate that I could have been oblivious to my digestive issues for so long. For years, I obsessed over my sinus and allergy issues thinking that they were the only possible causes. Everything I tried was in relation to curing my allergies...nasal sprays, antihistamines, cold medicines, anti-inflammation herbal supplements, nasal irrigation, yogic breathing exercises, etc. When I used to hear that acid reflux or HP could be possible causes of BB, I would dismiss them immediately because I never experienced heartburn or any stomach discomfort. However, I later learned that one can have reflux diseases and stomach infections without experiencing heartburn.

Lately I have been scraping my tongue with sea salt, which has helped. I have also started breathing with my nose at all times instead of through my mouth. This helps with dry mouth over time. I also drink apple cider vinegar, which I notice helps but I can't pinpoint how. Up until recently, I thought that it was reducing and thinning my mucus (again, the preoccupation with my sinuses). But now I'm beginning to think that it may be aiding my digestive health, which it is purported to do very well.

I have also stepped up my probiotic regimen. I used to take one or two 1.5 billion CFU chewable tablets of acidophilus daily, but I've increased it to two 10 billion CFU tablets (not chewable). I also grind one tablet up in a blender along with other ingredients when I'm making my smoothies and drink it, letting it flow down my esophagus.

I have an endoscopy scheduled for tomorrow morning. I am really praying that they find some anomaly in my digestive system that I could attribute my BB towards. I am already beginning to experience relief with a yeast based probiotic that my GE gave me during the initial consultation, along with my ridiculously high consumption of acidophilus. I hope that combining these with PPI's and maybe antibiotics will solve my problem for good.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Hey terran,

Good luck with your procedure. I'm hoping the best for you.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hey terranpatriot thanks for your support there, most appreciated. Good luck with your endoscopy, hope all goes well.

TIRED, whatever. Glad that felt so good for you. Try getting your facts right though at least next time. I'm not here to be liked, I'm here to help - and I'm so sorry that the two dont tend to mix well. Most people understand this and can accept that and have enough substance within them to realise and dont end up with the kind of resentment that you have built up inside.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

No resentment - I too just want to help, but not hurt. And get your facts straight about natural medicine - it CAN work and sometimes better than traditional medicine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic