Your Email Address:

First Name:

My Appt w Gastro Doc

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stinkypinky

My Appt w Gastro Doc

Post by stinkypinky »

OK.....so last friday i went to see a gastro doc -Digestive Diseases Treatment Center.....the name of the practice sound promising at least.

when i checked in the nurse took a look at my chart and either saw i was there for bb or smelled it an took me to a room straight away. that i was actually thankful for bc waiting rooms make my anxiety skyrocket.

so i tell the doc my concerns. how past doctors either denied my bb, downplayed it or treated me for other none issues.

i could immediately tell that he could smell it bc during our conversation he would slid backwards on the stool when i spoke. he did take notes as i was speaking and suggested an endoscopy which he scheduled for the May 12.

im hopeful.....but at the same time afraid that this will be another let down.
For those of you who have had this procedure - what can you tell me about it? What was your diagnosis? Treatment?

TX

dark

Post by dark »

I had 3 gastric endoscopies, all normal.

With this procedure you wont find the origin of the bad breath, but you can discard other illness: peptic ulcer, polyps, gastritis, acid reflux, esophagitis, esophageal candidiasis, etc.

Also, some Gastro can record a video of your endoscopy in DVD.

Advice: go to the endoscopy with someone else, because, most of the GE use sedation and you wont be able to drive home.
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

tx dark- he did say I'd need a ride home.......but I don't have anyone that I can ask. I'll prob try to drive or call a cab.
dark

Post by dark »

Dont try to drive, you will feel that you can walk and drive but your reflex will be slow. Its better to take a cab, you will be sedate that you wont matter about BB.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Stinkypinky, I had an endoscopy and was given the option whether to be sedated or not. I chose not to be because I wanted to hear and see reactions etc. I had a cup of tea straight after and then got up and drove home by myself. You lie on your side and slight discomfort as the endoscope goes past your numbed throat, but after that it feels like nothing more than a rumbling stomach sensation. You let out an embarassing HUGE burp because air is inflated to open things up down there. I'm not sure how much you miss by being sedated, but if I had to do it again I'd do the same thing. I quite enjoyed it all so I hope that helps to put you at ease.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

whoops, sorry, I didnt drive myself home, but I know I could easily have if I wanted to. This is quite a few years ago, my memory is fading a bit.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

dark wrote:With this procedure you wont find the origin of the bad breath, but you can discard other illness: peptic ulcer, polyps, gastritis, acid reflux, esophagitis, esophageal candidiasis, etc.
I beg to differ. I found the cause of my bad breath through an endoscopy.

@SP - You don't have anything to worry about in regards to the endoscopy. If you are going to be sedated then you won't really feel a thing. I choose to stay awake however because I wanted to see what was going on. The doctor placed me where I could view the tv monitor as she was moving the endoscopy tube down my esophagus. It was not a comfortable feeling, but I'm glad I stayed awake for it. When I saw all that white crap on my esophagus, and when I heard the doctor say "I think we've found the cause", it was worth it being awake. Anyway, if you choose to stay awake they will give you a spray to numb the upper portion of your throat, but it's still gonna feel a bit uncomfortable. But if you are going to be sedated, you should not drive yourself home. Try to catch a cab.

Good luck with your endoscopy though. I really hope having this procedure will reveal some answers for you. :)
me
Advanced

Post by me »

I was just wondering is your breath fecal??

Anyway I did get and endoscopy and they didn't find anything wrong with my stomach. I was fully awake btw. The only thing they said was that my stomach was a little red and swollen. I still however think that my poop breath is related with something not going well in my digestive system.
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

UPDATE
Had the procedure yesterday. when i woke up the nurse said everything thing looked normal but my stomach was a bit inflammed. i was given a script for zantac. i took a cab home despite the nurse not wanting to release me unless it was to a friend or family member. But whatever

i also had appt with the ent later that day. he gave me a script for flonase and scheduled a barium swallow test for next week. i just looked at the receipt the nurse gave me when i made my payment and the doctor circled chronic rhinsitus and sinusitus....and at the bottom he wrote what looks to be dysplasia.......

What the heck is dysplasia?
Last edited by stinkypinky on Fri May 14, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stinkypinky

Post by stinkypinky »

me wrote:I was just wondering is your breath fecal??

Anyway I did get and endoscopy and they didn't find anything wrong with my stomach. I was fully awake btw. The only thing they said was that my stomach was a little red and swollen. I still however think that my poop breath is related with something not going well in my digestive system.
yes i do have fecal breath.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

KeepTrying09 wrote:When I saw all that white crap on my esophagus, and when I heard the doctor say "I think we've found the cause", it was worth it being awake.

You may have mentioned this elsewhere... but how did u get rid of the white esophagal crap?
me
Advanced

Post by me »

UPDATE
Had the procedure yesterday. when i woke up the nurse said everything thing looked normal but my stomach was a bit inflammed. i was given a script for zantac. i took a cab home despite the nurse not wanting to release me unless it was to a friend or family member. But whatever
Your stomach is inflammed my doctor said the same after procedure. And for what I have read every person who gets the procedure because of nasal fart gets the same answer from the doctor. Maybe the inflammation is cause by the actual gas being hold in the stomach instead of the intestine.[/quote]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic