Your Email Address:

First Name:

pps that got cured or improvement from tooth extraction ?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
misshadenough

pps that got cured or improvement from tooth extraction ?

Post by misshadenough »

hi , just wanted to ask those that got results from molar or wisdom tooth removal , did you see results straight away ? or was it a few week after the gum healed etc ? i just got my tooth removed on weds morn so obviously i have a open wound in my mouth which is gonna cause bb anyway ! im hopeing once the gum heals there will be some improvement in my bb , how long did yous wait for improvements to be noticed ? thanks

i-want-this-gone

Post by i-want-this-gone »

i didnt see any difference after i got my wisdom teeth removed and 2 molars. i still have bb and i didnt see any improvement.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

miss, did you have any particular reason for removing these teeth? were you detecting any odour from the gums etc? If you do happen to have had a problem with them that was causing your BB, and there are many ways that this could happen, then the time it takes for any BB to clear will depend on this. For instance, if your molars were invading your sinuses then it will take a while for any infected situation up there to clear up. In my case because there was a lot of odour pouring out of my gum from a certain tooth, I could feel improvement straight away, even with all the blood and guts of my exposed socket.

I hope that's a bit more of a supportive answer than the previous one, which didnt even attempt to answer your question.
misshadenough

Post by misshadenough »

hi halitosissux , thanks for your reply , there always v helpful
yeh id been having probs with this tooth for 5 year , it had a dead nerve and a deep filling (i never got a root canal ) my 2 teeth next to it were always sore , i had the most awful smell inside my sinuses from it , i knew it was this tooth because i only had it in the side of my nose above that tooth , the other side was fine , and sometimes when it was really bad i could taste it all around my top gums on the side were the tooth was ! it would bleed when i flossed it , and the smell from it was disgusting , right after brushing flossing etc , if i were to floss again right after all my teeth would be fine apart from that one it would smell foul ! there was a hole/pocket in the gum surrounding the tooth ! so i got it out on weds , the next day the smell in my nose was worse that ever ,
but i thought maybe thats a good thing if the infections coming out of me , and its not as bad now ! its only been 5 days i still have a open wound in my mouth but i think i have some slight improvement , i feel like my mouth doesnt taste quite as bad as normal after drinking coffee my bb used to go insane and tounge coating , but now its not 2 bad and drinking a glass of water seems to clear the coating which is amazing to me , and also i feel the smell of food doesnt seem to be lingering as long ! although if i dont rinse the extraction hole a few times a day its bad , like if i put my finger in there it smells like it used to after flossing x10 so i dont know maybe i had some infection in the gum or something ! i hope this goes away as it heals !
can i ask when after your wisdom tooth removal did u get told ur bb was gone or reduced ? weeks ? did u have similer improvements as me in the first week ? thanks for ur help
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

I had my four wisdom teeth out last month. So far no improvement in my tonsil smell. About the only thing that seemed to help in the past was cutting out dairy, but it's hard to stick to.
misshadenough

Post by misshadenough »

hi hope , thats a shame u didnt get any improvement , did u have any similar things as me ? such as pockets around them ? bad odour ? yeh i tired cutting out dairy but i only lasted a week n a bit i was seeing no improvement and i really dont think my bb is food related
derang
Total Newbie

Post by derang »

I think i've found the source of my BB, after running a finger around different parts of my gums. The smell is a bit like vinegar everywhere except my lower left teeth, more towards the wisdom tooth.

Would this suggest that removing the wisdom tooth might resolve my BB?

[/b]
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

derang, what does your dentist have to say about this?
If you can detect an area of gum that smells differently to other areas then you need to take this very seriously. I know that between the teeth can smell because of trapped food and debris etc which is normal and probably doesnt contribute much to BB in itself, but to actually have a stream of odourous material oozing out of a gum area, no matter how small, will easily overpower your natural defenses that would otherwise keep your odour levels down. A tongue surface is mostly made up of dead cells (a bit like your skin surface and your nails). This is highly absorbant. Odourous foods we eat will linger in the mouth because of this fact. The same goes for any bad odours that are coming into contact with these areas. Just think about when you open your fridge sometimes and you get that whiff of something rotten, only to find out its something you would never have imagined to be the cause. That's how sensitive the nose can be with certain odours, and that's all it takes to cause BB in some cases.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

miss, I've been very fortunate to have always been very well informed about my breath situation. Before having that tooth out, and for the previous 20 years or so before that I knew for certain I had BB. The same day I had that tooth out the taste in my mouth was different. The bleeding stopped very quickly for me and the situation improved over the next few days regarding bad tastes etc. I've had it confirmed by my trusted source that my BB was gone. My mouth now feels like i'm constantly sipping water, totally neutral. Before that my mouth felt like if i'd breathe onto a naked flame it would ignite. When the BB used to build up the tissues inside my whole mouth felt heated up. I'd always wake up with a sore throat and while I still had tonsils it was the tonsil on my right side that would always smell the worst - my bad tooth was also on the right. This may just be a coincidence, but it might not, so that's why im mentioning it.

Please dont pull any teeth out unless you are absolutely satisfied that it's worth doing. Listen to your dentist's advice but dont rely on it completely. Get as many opinions as you can. Definitely make sure you mention BB to your dentist, dont just go there expecting them to find potential BB problems because most will be overlooked.
misshadenough

Post by misshadenough »

derang you should defo look into that , if you detect a stronger odour from that tooth there is obviously something not right ! and even if its not your 100% cause im sure it would improve you bb ! im thinking of getting mine removed mine are all impacted esp the bottom ones , they have gum flaps that i cant clean behind ,
misshadenough

Post by misshadenough »

Hi halitosisux , yeh its been 6 days since i had it removed , i dont think that tooth was the total cause of my bb but i do think i have a slight improvement , my tounge coating is not as bad and much much easier to remove this sounds awful but before it was like think cottage cheese like coating that was hard to get rid i would scrape n scrape , but this morning all i done was scrape it with a tooth brush (didnt need a scraper ) and it was pink ! the smell in my nose is getting less each day so i no that that tooth must have been causing the infection in my right sinus even after antibiotics it came back within a few week while i had the tooth in ! i still have metalic tastes coming from the extraction sight so maybe in another week i might have some more improvemts ! so although i dont think it was the sole cause of my bb im still glad i got it out :-) thanks for your reply
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic