Your Email Address:

First Name:

for aydinmur

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
PR1988

for aydinmur

Post by PR1988 »

for type 3 halitosis what are some thing we can do to help or lower halitosis?

aydinmur
God

Re: for aydinmur

Post by aydinmur »

PR1988 wrote:for type 3 halitosis what are some thing we can do to help or lower halitosis?
General rule in medicine: Find the reason(s) and eliminate it (them).

If you are sure it is type 3 case, you can estimate its reasons too.

Yesterday, I saw one patient who was type 3 case healed.

He was eating plenty white-cheese every day. Also he had constipation. He suffers from halitosis since at least 4 years. Within 4 years, He had tried many tests including endocopy, tonsillectomy, >14 kind of rinse, toothpastes, more than 4 doctors, waste money, plants, colloidal silver, herbal tea more ....

Last week, I have banned cheese and prescribed a laxative drug. He came to thank me yesterday with no halitosis. He tried to kiss my hands and face. He could not :-)

If you press the true button, in type 3 halitosis, it just heals.
hoping

Post by hoping »

Hi Aydinmur,

How would you treat type 4 halitosis ?

Thanks.
PR1988

Post by PR1988 »

aydinmur wrote:
PR1988 wrote:for type 3 halitosis what are some thing we can do to help or lower halitosis?
General rule in medicine: Find the reason(s) and eliminate it (them).
in my case i eat a lot of spicy foods, hot sauces, picante sauces, when i say a lot i mean a lot do you recommend me stoppin?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

PR1988 wrote:in my case i eat a lot of spicy foods, hot sauces, picante sauces, when i say a lot i mean a lot do you recommend me stoppin?
Yes. They are not healthly foods.
But if you can not leave them, try eat very less.
Every food makes malodor if you eat every day and plenty amount.

hoping wrote: How would you treat type 4 halitosis ?Thanks.
Same rule. Find the reason(s) and eliminate it (them).
PR1988

Post by PR1988 »

@aydinmur
in the case of havn bb bc of acid reflux how does that exactly cause your bb? acid stays in mouth and into salvia?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

PR1988 wrote:@aydinmur
in the case of havn bb bc of acid reflux how does that exactly cause your bb? acid stays in mouth and into salvia?
bb bc @

Sorry, I dont understand your abbreviations. Ask again clearly if possible.
PR1988

Post by PR1988 »

okay sorry let me try it again.

How does acid reflux cause bb? acid from stomach refluxes up and then gets into the mouth right but what i notice is that i reach to the back of my throat and rub it my salvia will smell. is it because of the acid?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

PR1988 wrote:okay sorry let me try it again.

How does acid reflux cause bb? acid from stomach refluxes up and then gets into the mouth right but what i notice is that i reach to the back of my throat and rub it my salvia will smell. is it because of the acid?

There is not clear evidence acid that reflux is a reason of halitosis. Gases from stomach may be.

However, if liquids can leak through gastroeusophagial sphincter, most probable that gases too are leaking out.
Every throat may have bad odor for awhile but the odor is not emitted from mouth.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Aydinmur, thankyou for the important questions you have so far answered on this forum. Your presense on here is so vitally important. After hearing some of your understandings on the whole subject of bb, I notice that no mention so far has been made on the types of bacteria which may inhabit the mouth which have fairly recently been discovered in those with unexplainable chronic halitosis. Can you please give us as much information that you can on this. Are there really certain specific species of bacteria that reside in people with chronic BB and not in those who dont? If this is true then isnt this where attention needs to be focused?
Is it not possible to permanently "change" the composition of microbial flora once its been established? If antibiotics are known to mess things up then surely they can mess things up enough times until the mess becomes favourable rather than unfavourable in BB terms.
This would apply not only to the oral microbial flora but also the intestinal.
Am I talking complete nonsense? Is this all too simplistic?
PR1988

Post by PR1988 »

aydinmur wrote:
PR1988 wrote:okay sorry let me try it again.

There is not clear evidence acid that reflux is a reason of halitosis. Gases from stomach may be.

However, if liquids can leak through gastroeusophagial sphincter, most probable that gases too are leaking out.
Every throat may have bad odor for awhile but the odor is not emitted from mouth.
in mycase i have silent reflux because i dont get heartburn. But those gases going up to throat can cause some time of bad breath correct?

sorry if im being ignorant but what the difference between Halitosis and Bad Breath?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

PR1988 wrote: sorry if im being ignorant but what the difference between Halitosis and Bad Breath?
I use this classification:
viewtopic.php?t=2814&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:Are there really certain specific species of bacteria that reside in people with chronic BB and not in those who dont? If this is true then isnt this where attention needs to be focused? Is it not possible to permanently "change" the composition of microbial flora once its been established?
Yep.!
This is my interesting area. You always ask good questions.
I have put an extensive chapter "odorigenic bacteria" in my textbook. I have a bacteria collection those are isolated from type 1 halitosis patients. I can give lecture on this topic within hours if someones dont stop me. Im compressing all information into one sentence:

Dont look for one bacterium or some bacteria that responsible from halitosis. Dont try dismiss them. Each of them will back as are, even if you success to kill them.
In order to permanently alter their profile and nature we must change ecology. This is the key.
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

how can we do this, alter ecology?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

lol Aydinmur, a lecture on this would be good!

Sorry to everyone who knows their BB is nothing to do with type 1, but I would like to fully understand this. It may also apply to microbial flora elsewhere in the body too so its important to understand for every type of BB.

Ok, so from my understanding, is it correct to say the flora which establishes itself does so because of the particular ecology which happens to be present. And that changes in the ecology (such as variations in oxygenation and other similar chemical factors, immunological, hormonal imbalances and defects etc) which might be the case in various disease processes etc are what allow the overgrowth of existing as well as the introduction of different species of bacteria etc?

In other words, a "normal" ecology gives a "normal" profile of bacterial composition, i.e one which does not give bad breath, and vice versa with an "abnormal" ecology.

And, so there is always a reason, relating to ecology, that causes bad breath, and its all about finding out that reason. As simple as that (if only doctors would take BB seriously enough to help to find out!)

And I guess because each of us has natural variations between each other, our ecologies are going to be slightly different. Which is why, for instance, some people may happen to have the bacteria which has been identified as making some people more susceptible to various dental decay and diseases.
So this is why its pointless trying to permanently change the microbial composition, with probiotics or antibiotics etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic