Your Email Address:

First Name:

Burshing tongue

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
PR1988

Burshing tongue

Post by PR1988 »

is it a good ideah to brush tongue with a regular toothbursh? with i hurt it?

trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

it's okay to brush with a regular toothbrush, i have an ultra-sonic tooth-brush too. but you could also use a towel or a silver spoon. or such a tongue scraper... and so on :)
PR1988

Post by PR1988 »

thanx for your reply!
aydinmur
God

Re: Burshing tongue

Post by aydinmur »

PR1988 wrote:is it a good ideah to brush tongue with a regular toothbursh? with i hurt it?
Dear PR1988
Of course you can brush tour tongue with your tooth brush. But dont hurt it. There may be relationship between tongue injury and tongue cancer. (My personal opinion that is gossip,not truth)
PR1988

Post by PR1988 »

thank you aydinmur for you reply!
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Just as a side note, I clean both my toothbrush and tongue scraper with hydrogen peroxide everyday before use. I think this is helpful just to clean off any leftover germs or bacteria from your previous brushing, especially when talking about brushing the tongue.

I just pour a cap full of the hydrogen peroxide over both the toothbrush bristles and tongue scraper and let it sit for about 30 seconds, then rinse them under water and start using them.
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

but what to do with the part of the tongue that u cannot reach with a scrapper?

is it negligible?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Tongue brushing is more effective on type 1 halitosis than scrapper.
br

Post by br »

Why is tongue brushing better than scrapping in Type 1 halitosis?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

br wrote:Why is tongue brushing better than scrapping in Type 1 halitosis?
Brush cleans interpapillar areas. Scrapper sweeps papillae.
br

Post by br »

Are these ingredients in toothpastes helpful for the general health of the mouth and to freshen breath:

First toothpaste:
Sorbitol, Water, Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Natural Flavor, Xylitol, Sodium Chlorite (Oxygene® - Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide), Zinc Acetate, Sucralose, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan

Second toothpaste:
Aqua hydrated silica, sorbitol, Sodium bicarbonate, Glycerin, PE0-6, SLS, Aroma xantham gum, titatium dioxide, sodium citrate, chondrus crispus,sodium flouride, zinc chloride, sodium saccharin, allantoin, sodium hydroxide, C173360, C174260.

Does any of the above ingredients (apart from zinc of course), inhibit zinc's effect on either?
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I scrape and afterwards brush my tounge with baking Soda & Peroxide toothpaste (regular toothpaste contains an ingredient which feeds the aenerobic bacteria on your tounge). I cut the bristles of a spare toothbrush down to half size. This allows me to reach farther back where most of the bacteria are located without gagging. This procedure along with gargling and rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash has brought about some improvement.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I have a very inportnt weekend coming up. I have thoght of using a coarse nail filer to clean my tongue and it worked somewhat. Tomorow aI am going to the hardware store for some sand paper to see if its more effective.
If your going to tell me not to keep it to yourself. I have tried worse. Soap bleah, peroxide, alcohol, olive oil, vinegar.
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

Phantasist wrote: (regular toothpaste contains an ingredient which feeds the aenerobic bacteria on your tounge).

what particular ingredient is it that feeds the anearobic bacteria? pls do share so we can avoid toothpastes with that igredient.

Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Dr. Katz in California claims that sodium lauryl sulfate, which is in most toothpastes to make it foam, feeds the anaerobic bacteria. However, I don't know if this is proven.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic