Your Email Address:

First Name:

salty taste in mouth from PND

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
plumbum

salty taste in mouth from PND

Post by plumbum »

Has anyone experienced a salty taste in the back of their mouth. I had sinus surgery and now I have a constant saltiness in my mouth. Its driving me crazy. Nothing tastes good especially sweet stuff. I wanted to know if there is a remedy for the salty taste. After the surgery I couldn't smell my breath odor even when I scrape my tongue and waited for it to dry. I think the germs from my nose are causing the salty sour taste. I just want my tastebuds back. If anyone has ant suggestions please share.

deebo

Re: salty taste in mouth from PND

Post by deebo »

plumbum wrote:Has anyone experienced a salty taste in the back of their mouth. I had sinus surgery and now I have a constant saltiness in my mouth. Its driving me crazy. Nothing tastes good especially sweet stuff. I wanted to know if there is a remedy for the salty taste. After the surgery I couldn't smell my breath odor even when I scrape my tongue and waited for it to dry. I think the germs from my nose are causing the salty sour taste. I just want my tastebuds back. If anyone has ant suggestions please share.
what was the surgery ? I doubt there is anything wrong with your actually tastebuds . Keep in mind that part of taste Is smell. There could be healing sinus tissues causing the taste . If you had a breathing tube during the procedure that could have an effect. Ask the Dr or nurse , this could be common and normal . My PND actually Usually tastes a lttle salty
plumbum

Post by plumbum »

I'm pretty much healed from th sinus surgery. I had chronic sinusitis. ENT opened up the ethmoid sinuses on the right side and enlarged the openings of my maxillary sinuses. That was back in March. Since then I have this awful taste. I've done irrigation which helps some. I have taken allergy meds trying to dry out my sinus. They help also but I can't completely rid myself of the salty taste. My dr doesn't know what else to do.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This may sound stupid, but could it be your tears? tears are very salty tasting. Not sure how this could be connected to the operation you had, but it might be worth asking if there's the possibilty that it is connected in some way.

The operation might have done something to a tear gland or nerve in the area and you perhaps aren't aware that you are producing more tears but since tears drain into the nose you would certainly taste it if this were the case.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic