Your Email Address:

First Name:

Empowerment

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
Brit444
Total Newbie

Empowerment

Post by Brit444 »

As I was going through the forums I noticed that there were so many upset bb sufferers. I'd like to start an empowerment thread for those who haven't found a cure and live with it day in and day out. Nobody understands the negative effects of bb like we do. I'm am sick and tired of worrying about bb, because it affecting both my sleeping and waking life. There is always going to be someone who doesn't like something about you... There will always be haters! Start worrying when folks don't have something to say.
Last winter I had to confront this girl who was talking sh#t about my bb and eventually everyone around it started adding to it. Finally I got tired of it and I went off on her and everyone else. People expect us to shrink away and back down. Despite having bb, there is no reason or excuse for others who don't suffer from it to step on us. People bank on the fact that we wont say anything and backdown. I've been around people who have horrible BO and still no one talks about them so I have a right to be left in peace. Most times when people are that focused on you obviously they are intimidated by something about you. What's most important is that you don't isolate yourself from society, in doing so you rob yourself and others of valuable experiences. Confidence is a key factor for people like us because it is easily zapped out of us due to others pointing out obiveous flaws. There peoplew who cans stand to see us happy because it forces them to look at their own flaws, :)

Brit444
Total Newbie

Empowerment session 2

Post by Brit444 »

I refuse to let others stop me from success. Sometimes you have to talk yourself up out of a depressing situation. I've learned that self-talk is powerful if used properly. I refuse to avoid social situations, after all folks we have to live. One thing that I keep in mind is a bible phrase or verse= "If they don't accept you, dust your feet off and move on. Good friends are hard to come by. What we have is something to weed out the bad ones. At least you know right away who will stick with you through thick and thin and man they are rare. I endure folks talking about me on a daily basis and what I do is kill with kindness. If they can't say anything to your face then they obviously are pretty weak and petty. I continue to speak to them anyways whether they like it or not. It's truly a confidence thing. Make as many allies and friends as possible so that you are not open to attack. I feel that if 'little people', gay and fat people can be so comfortable in being so open about their issues and be accepted, then we should too. My mother has the same issue she is social butterfly and everyone loves her because she speaks her mind despite what anyone says. If she can do it then I can do it. That's my rant for now. I kind of feel better already.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

This is one of the most uplifting threads i've seen in a long time. Thank you Brit444 for posting it. It's advice that I think everyone could take in spoonfuls. =D>
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I felt exactly the same when I read it this morning. Brit, my mother always used to have BB but she was totally oblivious. Because of her nature, something like BB, even if someone put warning signs up around her, would have been so utterly irrelevant.
She is the most amazing person and people warm to her and are always at ease in her presense.
She's had the most full and satisfying life.

And I used to think GOD if only people just left me alone and not give me this BB complex, I might have been able to be like her too. I used to wonder if hypnosis could work to make me believe my breath was good.

It just goes to show how important confidence is. People are like animals and sense weakness. Its not actual BB that's the problem, its animals who sense your weakness and want to bring u down further and further. People used to get right up close to my mum, they'd hug her and kiss her and be close to her and they never even flinched over her BB because they wanted her to know she was more than just some bad odour. When she used to work all her colleagues loved her. So, without question its NOT about BB, its about how we see ourselves, because that's how others will see us too. And if we love ourselves then others WILL love us too, no matter what.
Brit444
Total Newbie

Post by Brit444 »

Glad I could help! I actually feel much better my ownself. I even noticed today that nobody even paid attention to my bb because I didn't focus on it. I've been looking at techniques for coping with stress and one of the things that can be done especially in situations like ours is if we change how we react to others. I'm working on it and boy it is not easy... I'm learning that you either have to ignore people and kill with kindness or get bold when they are brasin enough to be offensive. I'm usually afraid of the latter because when I get upset I usually end up unleashing the tiger.

Halito..
I don't think others will leave you alone about the bb. You have to make them do it despite the nerve that it may take you to speak up about it you have to do it and keep doing it until it becomes easy. You'll notice that others will back off. They are relentless and you don't have to let others make you feel bad about it. I've gone through it since I was a little girl and I'm quite tired of others making me feel bad about it. The thing that sucks about it is that we don't have very much support about it like '' little and large people" do. We are here on this earth for a purpose and maybe God is testing us so that we can become stronger people.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Its very hard. I think if I wasnt so aware of my own BB, the awful taste and a mouth that felt like i'd eaten a pile of horse shit, I might have been completely different about it all. Sometimes I'd try exercises where I'd purposely block all thoughts of BB out of my mind and never do anything to remind me that I had BB.. and its amazing how much less severe your BB can feel when you do this. When you keep doing things that remind you of something, like repeatedly smelling your own tongue, its like amplifying the true reality. My breath would feel so bad, like my mouth was inflammable and would ignite if i'd breathe onto an open flame. But after these relaxation exercises this feeling would diminish considerably.

If hypnosis could convince a person with BB that they dont really have BB, I wonder if anyone would choose that situation, of obliviousness. I think if I had no options at all left, i'd rather be a person in BB denial but free to live with confidence, rather than spend the rest of my life hiding away, zapped of all confidence. I think if you have enough confidence people wouldnt dare even flinch at your BB.. but unfortunately, the rut that we all end up spiralling into is the compete oppsite.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic