Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad breadth since 12 years old

Tell us your story with bad breath
lonelyboy
Total Newbie

Bad breadth since 12 years old

Post by lonelyboy »

I also suffer from bad breath. I first found out about this when I was 12 years old when I was speaking inches away from this guy's face and he told me my mouth stink, I was really hurt...

From that on, I have been very aware of my problem when I interact with people and try to keep a safe distant. Every year at work, our company has a Christmas party and we sit chair to chair right next to each other. I'm very conscious of my breath problem so I try to speak in a "gentle" way, I do open my mouth and speak normally but I know that I can't scream at the top of my lung otherwise the person next to me would know that I have bad breath right away :mrgreen: .

The thing about my breath is that I notice it is way better if I had eaten something than an empty stomach. So whenever I come to the Christmas party, I eat whatever I like and it seems like the smell of the food is masking my bad breath.

I work in the accounting field so I do interact with people on a daily basis. I stand by people’s cubicles and have normal to very long conversation with them. Sometimes I even lean toward their monitors. No reaction from my co-workers at all. It looks like none of my co-workers is even aware of my bad breath. Nobody has ever offered me gum or leaned back or scratched their noses at all when I speak; probably because I try to keep a safe distant of at least 2 feet away from them, lol

I brush my teeth twice a day but I only floss once a day. I suffer bad breath since 12 years old and for the next 17 years until I’ m 29 now, I never cleaned or scraped my tongue (eew) because nobody let me know that I need to clean my tongue. I have started to brush and scrap my tongue in the last few weeks and it seems like my breath is a tiny bit better, maybe the bad breath got reduced by 10% at most.

I do not use mouthwash because I know that mouthwash does not work and I’m paranoid that any kind of mouthwash out there can have adverse effects on my current level of bad breath and make it worst. The only time that I use mouthwash (Therabreath) is when I go to see my dentist 2 times a year. I use it to mask my bad breath for an hour to hide this embarrassing disease from her.

I’m 29 and have never had a girl friend and probably never will have one due to my problem. I do not believe there will be a cure for this and I’m accepting this reality that I will live the rest of my life with this disease. On the other hand, I still have a normal life in which I can interact with people on a daily basis because I know that I don’t have to speak inches away from their faces.

Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

I was wondering.....if nobody tells you that you have bb and nobody makes any kind of body language signs than how do you know you have bb? Surely it isn't b/c of that one comment when you were 12?????? Quit wasting time and go find yourself a girfriend!

Susie
lonelyboy
Total Newbie

Post by lonelyboy »

When I was 17 in class, I turn around and speak to this guy and he let me know that I stink . I still have bb because my brother let me know so. I know that I don't have the intense bad breath like I read some people in this forum have but my breath still stinks :(
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Lonelyboy,
The reason why your bad breath is less when you eat something is because eating increases the production of saliva. Saliva contains oxygen which kills the anaerobic bacteria in your mouth. They live mainly in the grooves on the back of your tounge. Therefore a dry mouth is your enemy. Which brings me to your toothpaste. Most toothpaste contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate to create a foaming effect, however this substance dries out your mouth which actually increases the production of bacteria the more you brush.
Try brushing with TheraBreath Plus with OXYD-8. Then scrape your tounge gently. You don't have to get all the coating off. Then brush your tounge with a little bit of the TheraBreath toothpaste. I use a toothbrush with half-size bristles to get all the way in the back without gagging. Then dip floss into a small dish of TheraBreath Plus Oral Rinse with OXYD-8 and floss, and then gargle and rinse with the Oral Rinse. When you rinse out your mouth with water, leave a bit of residue of the Oral Rinse in your mouth so that it can continue to inhibit the production of the bacteria. The best time for the procedure is after breakfast and before you go to sleep at night. If you wake up during the night and your mouth is dry, drink some water. Stay away from sugar or foods and drinks that contain sugar because that is food for the anaerobic bacteria.
All this advice assumes that you do not have a sinus infection or lung-, stomach- or intestinal problems.
lonelyboy
Total Newbie

Post by lonelyboy »

Phantasist,

Thanks for the advice.
badbreaths
Total Newbie

Post by badbreaths »

For all those have bad breath problem, please use this home remedy. This is tried formula for curing bad breath problem in men and women.

Solution Ingredients:

1. 4 Glass of Distilled water
2. One teaspoon of Salt
3. One Teaspoon of Baking Soda
4. One Teaspoon of Boric Acid (Available on Chemist Shop)
5. One Dropper (Available at Chemist Shop)
6. Tongue Scrapper

Put one teaspoon each of salt, baking soda and boric acid in 4 glass of water and shake well. Put 10 drops of solution in each nostril of nose, three or two times daily with dropper. After putting solutions in your nose use tongue scrapper to clean tongue from back and front side. Also drink 6-8 glass water daily.

Inshallah after using this solution you will get rid from bad breath. This is very effective method for removing bad breath. [email protected]
john
Junior

Post by john »

so one theaspoon each for one glass? or one theaspoon for all 4 glasses (about 1 liter)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic