Your Email Address:

First Name:

my story and theorys

Tell us your story with bad breath
cool
Junior

my story and theorys

Post by cool »

it seems to be quite long but its easy to read and i tried to stay on point and dont waste too many redundant words.

im 31, male, from germany

more then 15 years ago i friend of mine told me i got bb.
i started perfecting my oral hygiene since then, had an area with a smell coming from it and got a Endodontic therapy in that area and the smell disappeared, got a tooth crown in the end , but i figure out by peoples reactions that i might still have bb, although i was never truly told. in the past years 3 or 4 people did tell me i would stink but when i asked them, they said, they only made fun of me. in most cases they asked me i was drunk by beer and had had some cigarettes.

apart from that a fellow student did ask me once if i visit a dentist regularly and some will open the window when we sit in a car or step back or ...well you know this signs that many of us try to read from.

on the other side i asked at least 7 people over the past years quite often and in different times of the day if my breath would smell or did ever smell and they all denied, some got angry as it seems i wouldnt accept their judge and some do tell me that i would smell even more fresh then others.
2 girlfirends said -after i asked them about my breath- that if at all i would just havethe normal bad breath in the mourning. i can feel that myself and it goes off after i ate something and drank.
not sure if just brushing the teeth would give me a confident feeling alone, i think the food cleans the tongue and the rest of the mouth like tonsils from the bacteria left overs of the night.

i sometimes have the feeling that maybe other people cant detect my breath because they maybe have bb on their own. i think i sometimes just discover other peoples bad breath after after having my oral hygiene done or having eaten just a bit. but this is rare and might have other reasons, i cant test that adequate enough. i tried to let a person i asked about my breath eat someting before i let them check. the result remained negative.

some years ago i went to a halitosis dentist and he told me my breath is not bad, by halimeter and his own nose.

i dont have a regular bad taste in my mouth, only had it twice real bad when i had a tonsil stone that i think broke inside of a crypt. when i toughed the crypt with a finger it was smelling clearly. my ent, mum and girlfriend told me my breath would not smell eventhough i had a real bad taste. the taste instantly went of by gargling and drinking grapefruit seed extract.

i have a tiny palantine tonsils but some crypts sometimes have light kind of smell that i can only detect by using a q-tip right after brushing my teeth. it doesnt smell real hard like a broken up tonsil stone, but its not neutral although its more neutral then smelling. in most cases i discover this smell in the morning.
i would say its detritus in the crypts. i clean the tonsils with qtip and waterpik daily, didnt have a tonsil stone for half a year. i can hardly imagine that this tiny smell gives me bb, but i ll have an interview with an ent in 2 days again.
right now i am testing out a gargle med called mallbrin (on aluminium chloride basis), which doesnt has to be described by a doctor. i injected it into the crypts aof the tonsil with a syringe (no needle). although i just did it once it helped instantly, but im still testing.
i thought about removing the palantine tonsils but am feared that this operation might not just be without any changing but with negative effects like im getting sick or my other tonsils, that i cant reach that "easy" might start to stink because they now do the palantines job.

my tongue isnt coated much, just a quite light white. it doesnt stink a s far as i know, i brush it regularly at least 2 times a day in a mild way with a scrapper and brush. depending on what i had eaten it sometimes has a light odor if i smell my finger directly after rubbing it.

my floss doesnt stink regularly and if it has a light odor between 2 teeth i floss until its gone and check the next days, and it doesnt come back. most of the times my floss doesnt has any odor at all.
wisdom teeth doesnt make any problems to me, they seem just normal.

i have a gold teeth full crown, but i cant detect a real smell coming from it, i think if at all its just a normal metal note.
i did make my dentist check it 5 years ago and he said its all fine.

stomach seems fine to me, too.

i dont see any pnd although im a lil allergic to seasonal causes and house dust, but i dont have any allergic symptoms right now like slime, rubbing eyes or sneeze.

my body ph is normal.

im not a vegetarian, but i dont eat tons of meat, i drink only few coffee and black tee.

i quitted smoking some weeks ago to see its effect on my palantine tonsil to create stones.
as a first result i think i discovered that if i smoke a cigarette after some weeks of not smoking my tonsil starts to smell. (not sure if its really associated, might be due to other factors)
in my theory the smoke particles make the tonsil, that is no more used to smoking, create detritus again.

i had 4 girlfriends since im in bb-panic-mode and none ever complained about my breath.

am i halitophobic? i had an obsessive–compulsive disorder 10 years ago and although i feel mostly healed from it today, i didnt do a real therapy. my thoughts about bb appeared when this disorder was about to get managed by me. in science they say halitophobia is linked to obsessive–compulsive disorder.

im really depressed on bb, because i doubt not smelling bad. my life got so hard always thinking on possible bad breath and i need much time on cleaning and checking in the bathroom.
the situation takes the whole fun and perspective out of my life and leaves me numb.

thats more of 10 years of active thinking about bb.

cool
Junior

Post by cool »

1. i mentioned the grapefruit seed extract and the aluminium chloride :

i would not recommend this for permanent use because i think bacteria can get used to it.

2. dont know if it might be a usefull information but i sometimes have a problem in swallowing tablets or food. sometimes when i eat very fast it seems to get stuck in my throat. this might be associated with lingual tonsils? how can i tell that they are too big? other conclusions?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic