Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tried to talk to my family about my bb problem..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Yes, his bad breath can be smelled from 30-40 cm or less. It is not offensive, but quite enough, since you speak to people like that many times. And I am wondering how he smells in the morning, etc. I admint your problem is worse then, maybe you even would happy with less severe simptoms, like my collegues's. But still what is acceptable for me, is being competely odorless.

I think I have bad breath, because I feel this bitter taste down on my tongue, and in my throat. After brushing my tongue or when I am very relaxed and well balanced emotionally it desappers for a while. But then it comes back and gets stronger. Especially when I am in a bad mood, feel depressed, but even if I am fine, it really bothers me during the day!

dukpoki
Total Newbie

Post by dukpoki »

Larc400 wrote:Can everyone please just stop referring to "covering their noses" as any kind of indication that you have a bb problem. It's such a vague notion and it could mean *anything*. People habitually touch/cover their noses all the ****ing time for no reason whatsoever. Only actual direct or overheard comments are of any value: else paranoia will take over completely 8)
True ppl do habitually touch their noses all the time for no reason but lemme tell you this. I'm a waiter and every freakin table I serve, everyone seems to touch/cover their noses (wasn't like this before along time ago). Trust me, this is very evident as i see it everyday and quite frankly i hate/don't want to see anyone ever freakin cover their nose up ever again b/c before my breath got worse i've never had seen/payed much attention to it. It's horrific now. If i go to a room where I haven't been in and someone else is serving a party, NOONE is touching their noses. But if I go in there to help out (refill drinks, etc) and then people start covering their noses out of nowhere. now do you think it's only a vague notion? Everyone I have a conversation with start covering their noses. If i go to the movies and sit down 10 minutes into the movie, the people within say 5 seats of my vicinity will start covering their noses while the rest doesn't. If i go to eat it's the same. They cover their noses when i'm ordering/eating but noone was touching their noses when I was being seated. it's not paranoia. It follows me like a wave of disease. I know 100% sure that it IS because of my bb.

And while I understand it won't happen to everyone because honestly it wasn't like that for me before when my bb was not as bad. It's so bad now though I think I need to quit in order for my restaurant from going out of business as it's lost alot of customers.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

dukpoki wrote:True ppl do habitually touch their noses all the time for no reason but lemme tell you this. I'm a waiter and every freakin table I serve, everyone seems to touch/cover their noses
That's enough proof, that can't be coincidence. Same with me everywhere I go there's always someone who touches his nose or coughs. It doesn't always have to do with me, but like 7 times out of 10 it's me.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

so does everyone always have the "shit" taste in their mouth constantly? Or does it only come sometimes?

Personally i usually have a sour taste which can be controlled with tongue gel and scraping and probiotics.

I remember when i came off my antibiotics a few weeks ago i was at the movies and drinking coke, and after every swallow of the coke i could taste shit. And i thought to myself, "is this what other bb sufferers taste all the time??" its hard to explain, but it tasted like what tonsil stones smell like...its very rare for me...
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

austuser wrote:so does everyone always have the "shit" taste in their mouth constantly? Or does it only come sometimes?

Personally i usually have a sour taste which can be controlled with tongue gel and scraping and probiotics.

I remember when i came off my antibiotics a few weeks ago i was at the movies and drinking coke, and after every swallow of the coke i could taste shit. And i thought to myself, "is this what other bb sufferers taste all the time??" its hard to explain, but it tasted like what tonsil stones smell like...its very rare for me...
It does taste weird in my mouth all the time but if I cough I can get this horrible taste in my mouth sometimes. And rarely if I'm in a shower and exhale really strongly I can taste it too.
Crepusculo

Post by Crepusculo »

If you people exhale to your hands joined together can you smell anything? I mean really bad odor or something? Or not really?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Crepusculo wrote:If you people exhale to your hands joined together can you smell anything? I mean really bad odor or something? Or not really?
I usually dont smell anything bad.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

Same, usually I don't smell anything. Sometimes, in the mornings especially, I can feel and smell it. Like I had a cloud of it around me eww.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

i just think it's difficult to smell your own breath... even thru clasped hands.

I more often 'sense' the smell... it's hard to explain, like if I am breathing with my mouth closed, every now and then, I'll have a sensation of bad breath at the throat for a few seconds. Especially if I'm really paying attention.

The lick the wrist test is, I think, by far the most reliable. By doing that, you get the level of intensity at any given point of the day, and I bet for most of us, it's an hour after eating food.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

succ wrote:Same, usually I don't smell anything. Sometimes, in the mornings especially, I can feel and smell it. Like I had a cloud of it around me eww.
Yea I can smell it too when I wake up in the morning, I also have a lot of yellow mucous in my throat which I have to throw up every morning. It's really disgusting.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Busted wrote:
succ wrote:Same, usually I don't smell anything. Sometimes, in the mornings especially, I can feel and smell it. Like I had a cloud of it around me eww.
Yea I can smell it too when I wake up in the morning, I also have a lot of yellow mucous in my throat which I have to throw up every morning. It's really disgusting.
yellow mucous = sign of infection
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

noptical wrote:
Busted wrote:
It turns yellow when it stays long enough in my throat when I'm in a sleeping position. I might have a throat infection or something. But I let them check everything, they keep saying everything's normal.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Busted wrote:
noptical wrote:
Busted wrote: Yea I can smell it too when I wake up in the morning, I also have a lot of yellow mucous in my throat which I have to throw up every morning. It's really disgusting.
It turns yellow when it stays long enough in my throat when I'm in a sleeping position. I might have a throat infection or something. But I let them check everything, they keep saying everything's normal.
When mucous stays too much a sinus infection can be developed, thus the colored mucous. Also with chronic sinusitis you dont always have the symptoms of normal (acute) sinusitis so its hard to detect.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

noptical wrote:
Busted wrote:
noptical wrote: yellow mucous = sign of infection
When mucous stays too much a sinus infection can be developed, thus the colored mucous. Also with chronic sinusitis you dont always have the symptoms of normal (acute) sinusitis so its hard to detect.
I'm not sure how to describe it, but the mucous in my nose seems to be clear (colourless). It's only yellow when it stays long enough in my throat. I think the glue on my mucous has something to do with it sticking there.
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

austuser wrote:so does everyone always have the "shit" taste in their mouth constantly? Or does it only come sometimes?

As I said before I have, but let's talk about the opposite too. Sometimes there is a slight sweet taste in my mouth. I feel my breath is sweet, warm and light! This is what I like, what I want.

Austuser, how is your breath recently anyway?! You said it can be controlled, so what is your experience with your breath, when it is controlled?

What tongue gel do you use??

My method now is this. First time in the morning tongue wash (with toothbrush, have not ordered Tung brush yet) with hydrogen-peroxide, rinse with water, tooth wash with toothpaste, rinse with water, rinse with cinnamon mixed in water, rinse with water, taking L.Salivarius probiotics 0.8g. This way i can go half a day even without chewing gum. My taste in the mouth feels much better, but still I am looking for other methods to try, doing the research.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic