Your Email Address:

First Name:

bacterial vaginosis and bad breath??(Thanku aydinmur)

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
chiki89
Junior

bacterial vaginosis and bad breath??(Thanku aydinmur)

Post by chiki89 »

Ok so after treating for bacterial vaginosis my bad breath during my period is almost gone..it never crossed my mind that a vaginal infection was the cause because I had no symptoms on the days I wasn't menstruating..thank you aydinmiur for lighting that light bulb in my head lol well the only symptom I had was fishy odor from my vagina during menstruation and the same smell coming from my mouth...I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or I was the only weirdo who it happened to but if there are others out there hope this helps.

iva
Master

Post by iva »

yes its a matter of bacteria - in the mouth, in vagina, its all connected; whenever I treat oral bacteria, vaginal status also changes
corrin

Post by corrin »

How did you treat your bacterial vaginosis? I believe I have the same thing, and I always thought that they were connected...
mitc

How one treatment cures another

Post by mitc »

I know I’m not popular here so I’ll make this quick.
Vaginalis is often treated with Metronidazole. This medication
Will cause a die off of anaerobic bacteria & as bad breath is largely
Caused by anaerobic bacteria most people will know notice there breath
Has gone from awful to clean and fresh in a matter of days. So in your case it’s known as an unintended outcome but beneficial. In terms of bad breath treatment It should only be used as a treatment after all other methods have failed. If you use this treatment wait 48 hours after drinking alcohol and do not drink alcohol while on it or you will suffer awful side effects such as vomiting and headache. Dose rate is determined by your body mass so a adult will need around 400mg after breakfast and 400 mg after your night meal for 2 weeks. For best results mouth should be self re-colonized with Probiotics such as Streptococcus Salivarius during and after treatment. Entire Nasal sinus system will need salt water flushing every night to remove a likely hiding place of anaerobic bacteria. If you would like the full details of bad breath management visit DELETED Labs and DELETED ok sorry for blabbering and hope this helps.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Important to find out how it was treated. If it was locally/topically treated then that's an important insight to look into the correlations.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Corrin

I have noticed that taking metronidazole or fluconazole orally improves vaginal status;the opposite - treating vaginosis - does not influence my bb. But the last time the gynecologist told me I had an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria and that makes me think I have an overall problem with anaerobic bacteria
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

I took metronidazole and a povidone iodine suppository, thing is my regular type of bad breath on days that i am not menstruating is still there ( although it is managable) but it only helped for my bad breath during my menstruation..which was different. [/img]
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Chiki, during menstruation when the uterine lining sheds its layer, I've read that BB is sometimes worsened for women because the body chemistry which controls this process also causes an increase in cell "sloughing" in the rest of the body, including the mouth. This is bound to have an effect on BB.

Its just something to consider. Also for those with any gum problems, this is likely to be exacerbated during menstruation. I cant remember the reason why. I think its to do with swelling.

Regarding the metronidazole, its like mitc says.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:Its just something to consider. Also for those with any gum problems, this is likely to be exacerbated during menstruation. I cant remember the reason why. I think its to do with swelling.
Yes there is such correlation between halitosis and menst cycle, but Chiki's problem was type 4 halitosis I think.

Plenty gases that are produced in any place (vagina, foot, axilla, inner spaces of body). They enter blood circulation and are filtered by lungs.

When Chiki first said to me her halitosis looks like fish odor, I suspected about most possible reason may be vaginosis. Because there is one bacterium (Gardnerella vaginalis) that invades vagina and produces fish odor. Already she clearly defines her disease. Hope problem completely resolved.

There are many bacterial species that are produce very specific odors. Flower, fish, ground, cabbage, goat, violet...

- Murat aydin
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

very interesting aydinmur!

i'm investigating the different smells of different bacteria/chemical products, i already found out:

indole/scatole = flowery (to fecal)
vsc = rotten egg

is that right?

i really appreciate your classification of the different sources of malodour (type 1-5) and and wonder if you maybe can tell me what you know about the different (bacteria) smells?
Last edited by trouble on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

mercaptane > onion like :?:
Tibya
Advanced

Re: bacterial vaginosis and bad breath??(Thanku aydinmur)

Post by Tibya »

Hi, My doctor prescribed Metronidazole Vaginal Gel. She detected some bacteria during my papsmear test. I do have white jelly discharge quite often, but its not in excess. I really would like to know if there is a connection between vaginal bacteria discharge and oral bad breath.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Apparently, there is a connection. Any area of tissue can absorb odours, including in those areas, so if it smells bad because of infection, that odour can get absorbed and get released elsewhere in the body. This is something that Dr. Aydinmur mentioned. Search the forum and you should find it.

Metronidazole gel.. what does it taste like?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic