First Name:

50% of my BB is Cured now

Tell us your story with bad breath
darkchild
Total Newbie

50% of my BB is Cured now

Post by darkchild »

Hi guys,

I have been suffering from bb for the past 10 years.
If i would to rate my bb, i would say it probably around 6-7 out of 10.

I've tried all the major products in the market but it didn't help much. Apart from that, my dentist and ENT can't really give me a good advice or method on getting rid of it.

I brushes my teeth and rinse my mouth 2 - 3 times a day but the smell will comes back 1/2 hour after that.
I always believe the main bb contributed from my throat cos when i put my finger all the way back of my throat, i could smell it badly from my finger.
And maybe 40% of it comes from my saliva between my teeth.
I can smell this when i do a 'cheese' smile :mrgreen:

Lately, i found new ways on cleaning my teeth and mouth.
With that, i can see atleast 50% IMPROVEMENT

I'm not too sure if this works for you guys but atleast i see the improvement on myself.

Below are the steps that you may want to give it a try.
1. Pour 15ml of mouthwash into a small container (i'm using oral b)
2. Dip your tooth brush in it and start brushing your tongue. (do not rinse)
3. Then, dip a dental floss stick into the mouthwash and start flossing every single tooth. For every tooth, dip once. (i prefer to use dental floss stick instead of string is that i find it easier to do the flossing with the liquid so that it won' t slip off your fingers)
4. Once done, gargle your mouth and scrape your tongue with the scraper.
5. Now, place a small amount of tooth paste on your tooth brush and start brushing your tongue. (leave on)
6. Apply regular tooth paste on tooth brush again and start brushing your teeth and every part inside your mouth.
7. Rinse off and scrape your tongue with the scraper again.
8. Use the remaining of the mouthwash (in the container) and starts gargling your mouth and throat for 30 - 40 seconds. Then, expel.

So, far i have tested this for 1 week and my breath seems to improved about 50%.
I always thought brushing my teeth with floss once in awhile is good enough but i'm wrong.
My wife only brushes her teeth once a day and yet her breath is so fresh. It can last her the whole day.
I guess i have to accept the fact that our breath is not the same as other ](*,)

I shall keep repeating the above steps and update you guys in 2 weeks time.

firecracker

Post by firecracker »

Yes keeping your mouth and teeth clean, brushing teeth definitely helps in reducing bad breath for sure. It reduces those millions of bacteria, wipes out their colonies that try to make a home out of your mouth.

Here is another good method that I have found to really take the plaque off of your teeth, and its supposed to be healthy for your gums too:

I get virgin coconut oil at wholefoods market.
I have used it in the past but just for oil pulling..I find it great at getting plaque off the teeth, I also put about 4 drops of oregano oil with 1 tablespoon and oil pull with that. Oil pulling is basically just slowly swishing it through your teeth for between 15-20 minutes. But sometimes I will do it for 10 min, then throw it out, and put another tablespoon in for another 10min. If your teeth are feeling like they have plaque on them..oil pull ( the oil will soften and loosen up the plaque)..then brush them after to scrape that plaque off.

Also I find a Sonicaire electric toothbrush really helped me in getting my mouth cleaner and back on track. But I now alternate between it and an Oral-B toothbrush.

Gargling with about 3 parts water and 1 part hydrogen peroxide can help to destroy some bad breath colonies. I at one time had an odor coming from between my teeth and cheeks and regular mouthwash wouldnt get rid of it. Well as soon as I tried hydrogen peroxide I noticed that stubborn smell was gone!

I also been hearing good things about grape seed extract but I think you only need about a few drops mixed in water. You can do this first...then use some good minty mouthwash after to give you a fresh minty smelling mouth. I really like Scope in the blue color peppermint. Or Breath RX is alcohol free and pretty good.

I also would highly advise you get a small flashlight, grab a q-tip and prod around and behind your tonsil, looking for big crypts (pockets), and push around the area with your qtip if you find a crypt and see if any stones pop out. Tonsil stones are a big contributor to bad breath in quite a few people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic