Your Email Address:

First Name:

good article on microbes in our body

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
seanlee1980
Advanced

good article on microbes in our body

Post by seanlee1980 »

I apologize if this is a repost but I don't see my post. Anyways here's a recent article about the benefits of good bacteria in our body from the new york times http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/scien ... ral&src=me

I'm wondering if injecting probiotics through our colon would be healthy. It seems like from research and common sense, it would be more effective but is it safe?

KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Re: good article on microbes in our body

Post by KeepTrying09 »

seanlee1980 wrote:I apologize if this is a repost but I don't see my post. Anyways here's a recent article about the benefits of good bacteria in our body from the new york times http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/scien ... ral&src=me

I'm wondering if injecting probiotics through our colon would be healthy. It seems like from research and common sense, it would be more effective but is it safe?
Wow, that's a really awesome post seanlee! It just goes to show how important probiotics are. Although the method that they used to get the probiotic bacteria into the patient is rather extreme, nevertheless it was effective. I imagine that method of transplantation is for extreme cases only.

About injecting probiotics, I would advise against it. It's actually not even necessary as most probiotic supplements come with an enteric coating which allows for the supplement to survive the stomach acids and pass directly to the intestines. If you buy probiotics, you should be looking for the ones that have this enteric coating.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Cant wait to read this in more detail later. LOTS to discuss.
Just goes to show that if something this important can be corrected so easily, how easily it could get messed up, through antibiotics etc.
Doesnt say a lot for current probiotic treatments though does it.
It probably needs something with way more species of bacteria in it, like a healthy person's stool sample. Probiotics only contain a few species.
This research is going to lead to so much discovery. To think that only as far back as the 80s we didnt even realise that bacteria were causing millions of cases of peptic ulcers. Asthma is probably all to do with the germs in our lungs and bonchinal tubes too
tony
Junior

Post by tony »

Great Article!
I wonder if there is any way we can contact Dr. Alexander Khoruts as a group? It would be good for him to keep us in mind during his research.

Besides the dental associations doing a little reseach (who are also barking up the wrong tree anyway) it seems no scientists are studying the microbiology side of things?

I believe the embarassed voices of BB sufferers is doing to little to make the world realise how serious and damaging it is to our lives.

Still, the article did give me more hope.

ps- in this modern world where there are so many amazing break throughs in science, all we need is a few more caring scientists and we can all live normal meaningful lives.

Nobody deserves to suffer like this. What is the purpose of this sort of life?
I know there is an answer and we will find it!!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

The big drug companies control everything. I dont know about other countries but if you walk through university labs here in the UK they are all owned or sponsored by the big pharmaceuticals. In the US alone mouthwash is a billion dollar industry. They want to protect their business.

Trimethylamine is produced by the gut flora. A lot of research into Primary and Secondary TMAU is focusing on gut flora into ways of reducing the amount of trimethylamine produced. In cases of bloodborne halitosis, such as this, we only know of TMAU because of the distinctive odour it produces, but there may be other potent chemicals being produced in similar ways which havent yet been identified.
Many of the people on this site have ruled out type-1 & type-2 BB. So for most its probably a bloodborne cause.

Hopefully such researching will lead to breakthroughs. TMAU sufferers often use metronidazole to reduce the bacterial numbers in the gut, which usually gives some temporary relief. And although most people with chronic BB will get relief with metronidazole because of its effect on oral bacteria, it may also be because of the effect in the gut in the same way as for TMAU sufferers.

You should try speaking to Arun on the www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitosis.com website to see whether he is aware of this Doctor. He organises the UK meetups and posts on here too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic