Your Email Address:

First Name:

bad breath, poo breath, and a part time cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
JennyWilson
Total Newbie

bad breath, poo breath, and a part time cure

Post by JennyWilson »

I've had poo breath for about 8 years. for me the only cure for it is a 7 mile run and a 3 mile swim in salt water every day. now when you can't or won't swim or run the poo breath comes back. interesting point is if you just do the run it helps but people can still smell it. its the same for the swim.
I always thought ebooks on bb were a waste of money but I got the advice above among much else from oraltech labs. problem is you get stuck with the same choice everyday, do the run and swim or stink. sometimes i go to work and stink because i just can not be stuffed getting up at 5am to run in the dark and swim in freezing salt water. one day i'm going to work and just say yep it’s me, my bb stinks and get use to it till summer.
:oops: :D :(

Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I don't see what running or swimming could possibly have to do with bad breath. Most BB originates in the mouth or throat with the possible exceptions of sinus infections, yeast infections or lung- or stomach problems, which are rare.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Phantasist wrote:I don't see what running or swimming could possibly have to do with bad breath. Most BB originates in the mouth or throat with the possible exceptions of sinus infections, yeast infections or lung- or stomach problems, which are rare.
I have noticed some improvements from exercising daily. I noticed that i do no have the lump in my throat like i use to. I also noticed my bad breath does not come from my nose no more but my mouth. But my tooth and gums starts to hurt maybe because the bacteria migrates from my throat to my mouth.

I also noticed some drastic improvements the last time i went to the beach so i can't argue with him on this.

The problem is how can you swim in salt water daily???
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Bishop,
I can see how exercise can improve your general health, but I still don't see what it has to do with bad breath. While most doctors are idiots and don't know squat about this condition, the few that have investigated it all claim that in 90% of the cases BB is caused by an overgrowth of aenerobic bacteria in the mouth, especially the back of the tounge. That would make a lot of sense. Post nasal drip (possibly from a sinus infection) would certainly be a contributing factor because it hits the back of your tounge and deposits mucous there, which is a perfect protective coating for the aenerobic bacteria because they can't stand oxygen. I really think we have to concentrate on bacterial imbalance in the mouth and throat and what is causing it. Swimming in the ocean might help temporarily if you get a lot of salt water into your mouth, but you can gargle with salt water at home.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I used to find that swimming in public swimming pools would reduce my BB. I think this has to have been due to the washing effect of the chlorinated water entering my mouth/throat etc.
I think most swimming pools use chlorine dioxide as disinfectant. Swimming in sea water also had a similar effect on me.
If anyone's BB originates from a problem inside the nasal cavity then this is likely to affect that too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic