Your Email Address:

First Name:

Could someone judge this X-ray of my teeth please

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
aues
Master

Could someone judge this X-ray of my teeth please

Post by aues »

Hello,
I'm suffering of chronic bad breath for several years.
My dentists say everything with my teeth would be okay and can't explain my bad breath problem.

It would be great if someone could say something to this X-ray:

Thanks for every contribution

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Do you know the sitation regarding your wisdom teeth?
Are they submerged/erupted/extracted/impacted etc.

It would be nice if I could say trust your dentist when it comes to bad breath and your dentition - but trust me, you cant.
snow

Post by snow »

teeth look very good. wisdom teeth are still hidden, and judging from the photo they are not half impacted or growin "incorectly"-so teeth in ure case are NOT the problem!

aufwiedersen
ice=block=snow
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Your teeth look really great actually (although that is a non-professional opinion considering i'm not a dentist.)

You wisdom teeth don't really look like they are to blame, but wouldn't hurt to have them out anyway. I don't really think they serve much purpose, and just one less thing to worry with really.

Did your dentist say anything about your gums? Are they pretty healthy? If so, looks like you can exclude any orally related cases of bad breath and move on to the next area. I'd move to the sinuses, esophagus, and stomach in that order if I were you.

Good luck, and thanks for sharing the x-ray. :)
aues
Master

Post by aues »

halitosisux wrote:Do you know the sitation regarding your wisdom teeth?
I've only got three wisdom teeth, the fourth hasn't been extracted - it just doesn't exist. Like snow said and from what I see none is erupted oder impacted.
KeepTrying09 wrote: You wisdom teeth don't really look like they are to blame, but wouldn't hurt to have them out anyway. I don't really think they serve much purpose, and just one less thing to worry with really.
If nothing else helps I will let them be taken out. But first I want to rule out other possible reasons (and firstly tonsillectomy, then wisdoom tooth extraction, because all my doctors say there is the possibilty it could be the tonsils even though my tonsils would be good from what they see).
KeepTrying09 wrote: Did your dentist say anything about your gums? Are they pretty healthy?
My dentist didn't said anything specifically about my gums. The dentist I usually visit said on my last appointment that everything would be fine.
Then I went to another dentist and he said there are some teeth with caries, but he is sure that couldn't be the reason for my problem. But I am not sure why dentist no. 1 says everything would be okay, when dentist no. 2 wants to drill.

Take a look on the photos I took with my camera. It's a little bit disgusting, but please don't hesitate to do so :mrgreen:. As you can see I don't have really white teeth. I don't know if it's because of my oral hygiene in my younger years wasn't that good or if I'm still just too dumb to clean my teeth correctly.

Don't try to look at my tongue coating, because I cleaned the tongue with two fresh paper tissues before taking those pictures.

After reading "Cured with sugar" I am going to try Xylitol. But if my bad breath is triggered by caries the halimeter should have detected my bad breath, am I right? - however it hasn't detected it and gave a very low reading (or maybe the device was even defective?)).
Last edited by aues on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Aues,
I saw your xray and photos taken from your mouth. There is neither periodontal disease nor caries. Your mouth seems very good except 3 of wisdom teeth. I dont think your halitosis come from your mouth.

But septum deviation, great asymmetry in your bone structures of your maxillar sinus cavity. See here: http://agizkokusu.net/garbage/xr.jpg
I wish I can see your Paranasal Sinus CT
How old are you; Do you feel bad smell during you sneezing ? is there post nasal drip?
-Murat
aues
Master

Post by aues »

aydinmur wrote:Your mouth seems very good except 3 of wisdom teeth.
What's the exact problem with those three wisdom teeth?
Could my problem possibly disappear or at least be diminished if I would have them pulled out?
aydinmur wrote:But septum deviation, great asymmetry in your bone structures of your maxillar sinus cavity. See here: http://agizkokusu.net/garbage/xr.jpg
I wish I can see your Paranasal Sinus CT
How old are you; Do you feel bad smell during you sneezing ? is there post nasal drip?
-Murat
I am a 19 year old male. I haven't noticed bad smell during sneezing and I am not sure about having post nasal drip or not.
I am going to visit my ENT on tuesday regarding your hint with a printout of your suggestion. Thank you for the tip! My ENT hasn't seen the x-ray till now. But he and also another ENT performed ultrasound examinations of my sinuses and said everything would be fine. I'm going to ask him for a CT of the Sinuses. If I can get any pictures of further medical examinations I will publish them here.
Last edited by aues on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

aues wrote: Could my problem possibly disappear or at least be diminished if I would have them pulled out?
38 and 48 (lower wisdom teeth) push all other teeth from back to front direction. Yes . The problem disappears if you have pull them out. Third wisdom tooth (28 ) may be extracted in future. Their extractions will be done with a surgical operation , not with a normal way.
Currently, these teeth are not halitosis reason.
- Murat
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I thought hidden wisdom teeth were always due to the fact they are impacting or not enough room to come out etc because of overcrowding. If they are close enough to the surface they can "break the seal" of the gum of the adjacent teeth and allow bacteria to get in and resulting skank to pour out into the mouth.

Looking at that xray and knowing first hand what partially erupted/unerupted teeth can do regarding breath, I'd say there is potential for these sunken teeth to be causing problems.

Do you get any odour if you rub the area of gum around these teeth aues?

I agree you should explore other possibilites first and leave these teeth and your tonsils until last (tonsils last of all).
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Listen this story :- )
Years years ago, Homo Sapiens Sapiens had had 44 teeth. Some sources say 48 teeth.

After he discovered fire, he cooked meats. Thereby, meals softened. After he discovered sharp stones, he did not cut trees, roots, woods with his teeth. Thereby lesser teeth become enough with his life. After thousands years, he lost 4 teeth with either phenotypicaly or genotypically. He continued his life with 40 teeth. Dental arch tightened.

After many many years, he lost 4 more teeth with the same reason. 36 teeth remained. Dental arch tightened again. Less teeth fitted on shorter dental line on jaws. After many many years he lost 4 more teeth again. 32 teeth remained.

Today we have 32 teeth. But with the same (soft foods) reason we are going to lose 4 teeth. These 4 are wisdom teeth.

For this reason, today, many of us have wisdom teeth problem. These teeth partly erupt. because tehere is not enough space on dental arch.

According to antropologists, we will have 14 teeth in a far future. Perhaps we will feed with pills. We will rarely need teeth. But I dont think halitosis will disappear.

Even today, We often see tooth-agenesis of wisdom teeth, second lateral incisors and even first premolar agenesis.

For example, look at aues's panoramic xray that is sent to the forum yesterday, there are 3 of four wisdom teeth. Forth one is lost (if it has not been extracted by a dentist).

- Murat
aues
Master

Post by aues »

ENT doctor sent me to another doctor for further x-ray photographs. Tomorrow I am going to hand over the x-ray pictures to my ENT.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

@aydinmur:
ENT said there's only a minor flaw he sees on the x-ray. Nothing that could be responsible for chronic bad breath.
Could you please approve this?

Now I've got an appointment for tonsillectomy in five weeks.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

aues wrote:@aydinmur:
ENT said there's only a minor flaw he sees on the x-ray. Nothing that could be responsible for chronic bad breath.
Could you please approve this?

Now I've got an appointment for tonsillectomy in five weeks.

I still want to see your "paranasal sinus computerized tomography".

By the way,
Sinuses can radiological be examined by 4 methods.
See here: http://agizkokusu.net/garbage/agizkokusu.jpg

1- Submentovertex graphy
2- Waters graphy
3- Caldwell graphy
4- lateral cranium

All of 4 are not convinent to show halitosis reasons placed nasal tissues. Furthermore, in many countries, waters radiography is wrong applied as seen in this picture: http://agizkokusu.net/garbage/agizkokusu1.jpg

If your radigraphy was taken as seen in the second picture, then forget it. It shows you healthly. It shows everybody as if healthly. Such radiographies are valueless.

Get sinus tomography, before tonsillectomy.
- Murat.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

aydinmur wrote:I still want to see your "paranasal sinus computerized tomography".
My ENT said to my remark that you would recommend to perform a CT scan that this would be a very elaborate/complex examination and the further x-ray photograph would be sufficient. :|
aydinmur wrote:All of 4 are not convinent to show halitosis reasons placed nasal tissues. Furthermore, in many countries, waters radiography is wrong applied as seen in this picture: http://agizkokusu.net/garbage/agizkokusu1.jpg
I am just a layman, but from what I see they even did it the wrong way! :shock: I live in Germany.

-----
UPDATE: A very kind person told me that the x-ray picture is neither "Waters" nor "PA". It's called "NNH" in Germany. You can recognize it because of the open mouth.
-----

aydinmur wrote:Get sinus tomography, before tonsillectomy.
Huge thanks for your explanations and advice. I'm going to seek further medical advice by other doctors and ask them about what they think on your hints.
Just one further question. If it's from the sinuses - would this also explain the white layer on my tongue?
aues
Master

Post by aues »

I will get tonsillectomy next week (luckily someone cancelled his operation and therefore I don't need to wait as long as I thought). I'm not sure about this being the reason for my bad breath problem, but I'm quite optimistic because I found three reports in german boards from people who were cured by this kind of operation even though their ENT doctors said that the tonsils appear to be healthy and the ENT doctor who is going to perform the operation said she thinks it's very likely that my problem is caused by my palatine tonsils.
And she said she will also watch out for the pharyngeal tonsil and if present perform adenoidectomy.

If my bad breath doesn't disappear I will go for a CT scan like aydinmur suggested.
Last edited by aues on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic