Your Email Address:

First Name:

Could someone judge this X-ray of my teeth please

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

aues wrote:If my bad breath doesn't disappear I will go for a CT scan like aydinmur suggested.
Do it now.
-M

aues
Master

Post by aues »

aydinmur wrote:
aues wrote:If my bad breath doesn't disappear I will go for a CT scan like aydinmur suggested.
Do it now.
-M
My doctors don't seem to be willing to do that (except for one doctor who was in just for holiday replacement and isn't in any longer) and I won't bother them again (25 doctor visits in total in less than two months - some people think I'm crazy. Luckily there are also some people who support me in what I am doing).

In case my bad breath disappears completely and for good after tonsillectomy:
Should I do a CT scan anyhow?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

aues wrote: in case my bad breath disappears completely and for good after tonsillectomy:
Should I do a CT scan anyhow?

Yes do it before tonsillectomy.
Your panoramic xray shows asymetry in your nose. Perhaps we will not need tonsillectomy.
-M
aues
Master

Post by aues »

Had my tonsillectomy last friday. There was no pharyngeal tonsil, therefore no additional adeno-tonsillectomy.
Last days weren't funny, but with enough painkillers it was bearable.

At the moment I've got extremely horrible bad breath and a continuous bad taste in my mouth. This is caused by the wounds from tonsillectomy. Hope it won't last too long as the bad taste is really unbearable and extremely disgusting.
Last edited by aues on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snow

Post by snow »

@ aydinmur

quick question, so what exactly would panoramic xray (CT) show??-a deviated septum?? and u belive this is the reason for bad breath?? since there are other people who have deviated septum and dont have bad breath. and in ure opinion he would not need the tonsilectomy, but deviated septum operation to fix the nose?? but i doubt that would solve the problem. (but many people here have deviated septum, inclding me-i had it fixed). but i belive the problem is in gastroIntestinal track....im 99% sure. and I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed-no improvement (they were half impacted and completly imapcted...)

PS: those 4 methods u showed for sinuses check, u said they will not show if u have halitosis or not?than why use those 4 methods??

Ice=Block=snow
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

snow wrote:a deviated septum?? and u belive this is the reason for bad breath??
Not only deviation, but also bone structures are assymetric in his xray. I often see concha bullosa in such cases that may be halitosis reason . Hope Im wrong, hope this person is being cured with tonsillectomy.
PS: those 4 methods u showed for sinuses check, u said they will not show if u have halitosis or not?than why use those 4 methods??
Yes I never order any of these 4 graphies. I always want to see ct.

Moderate sinusites dont give sign with these 4 type of graphies
If they show even little pathology, that patient have very heavy sinusitis.
-Murat
aues
Master

Post by aues »

aues wrote:At the moment I've got extremely horrible bad breath and a continuous bad taste in my mouth. This is caused by the wounds from tonsillectomy. Hope it won't last too long as the bad taste is really unbearable and extremely disgusting.
Went to my ENT doctor today. She said that the horrid bad taste and bad breath will stay for about 5 days from now. Beside the spray I've got for taking care of the wounds I neither should take Chlorhexidine nor any kind of antibiotics.

She also gave me the results from the second smear test. The antibiotics worked and Enterobacter Cloace is gone. But the test now shows too much beta-Streptococcus bacteria. She thinks that this kind of bacteria is linked to the tonsils and after the wounds of tonsillectomy are healed she wants to do a third smear test which she expects to deliver no abnormalities.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

The horrid bad taste and breath which appeared shortly after tonsillectomy went away after several days. The kind of bb I'm talking of was able to fill a big room within minutes.
------

Now, more than five weeks after tonsillectomy my bad breath has decreased quite fairly, but still persists.

I will get in touch with my doctor and ask for further treatment. I will especially ask for a CT scan.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

aues wrote:Now, more than five weeks after tonsillectomy my bad breath has decreased quite fairly, but still persists.

I will get in touch with my doctor and ask for further treatment. I will especially ask for a CT scan.
If ecology does not change, bacteria colonize another place after tonsillectomy. This takes 1-2 month. I wish You would get CT before tonsillectomy. CT may not easy help diagnosis after tonsillectomy.

-Murat Aydin.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

Thanks for your answer!
aydinmur wrote:CT may not easy help diagnosis after tonsillectomy.
Why?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

After tonsillectomy, the tissues try to compansate the new condition. Cavernous bodies may not keep their pathologic views but still have an old problem. Bullous conchas (if any) may loss their volume. We can detect them more difficult now.
I always prefer to offer surgery after exact diagnosis.
- Murat Aydin
aues
Master

Post by aues »

aydinmur wrote:After tonsillectomy, the tissues try to compansate the new condition. Cavernous bodies may not keep their pathologic views but still have an old problem. Bullous conchas (if any) may loss their volume. We can detect them more difficult now.
- Murat Aydin
Sounds quite discomforting. Especially because my ENT seemed to be sure that the tonsils would be the source of the problem and it looks like this judgement was wrong. However it's to late now. Hope the root of my problem can still be detected.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

aues wrote:
aydinmur wrote:After tonsillectomy, the tissues try to compansate the new condition. Cavernous bodies may not keep their pathologic views but still have an old problem. Bullous conchas (if any) may loss their volume. We can detect them more difficult now.
- Murat Aydin
Sounds quite discomforting. Especially because my ENT seemed to be sure that the tonsils would be the source of the problem and it looks like this judgement was wrong. However it's to late now. Hope the root of my problem can still be detected.
Went to my ENT today. Got an referral for a CT scan. ENT thinks a CT scan is a good idea (vacation stand-in ENT said some weeks ago it wouldn't be needed). My ENT doesn't agree with you regarding the need of the sequence CT scan before tonsillectomy, but approves the rest of your views.

She also performed the third smear test.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

Did the CT scan today. In hindsight it was a bad idea not to get it earlier.

They gave me a CD with the pictures and a viewing software.
@aydinmurat: Can I send this CD to you via post? If yes please tell me the adress.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

aues wrote:Did the CT scan today. In hindsight it was a bad idea not to get it earlier.

They gave me a CD with the pictures and a viewing software.
@aydinmurat: Can I send this CD to you via post? If yes please tell me the adress.
No, I dont want to intervene another colleague's patient, if (s)he doesnt request.help from me.
- Murat Aydin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic