Your Email Address:

First Name:

iodine deficiency

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
meowkity1
Super Angel

iodine deficiency

Post by meowkity1 »

I read on a post that iodine kills yeast and more bacteria than chlorine. You could be iodine deficient if you dont eat fish
I dont eat fish. Never ever ever. I have only tasted fish maybe twice in my whole llife. Iv never wanted to because of the smell.

meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

you could also be chloride deficient if you didnt eat vegetables. Growing up I never did but now I lve them and i have a little garden
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

Hi meowkity, have you identified the source of your condition?
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I dont think I would be posting this crap if I did, lol
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

meowkity1 wrote:I dont think I would be posting this crap if I did, lol
..... LOL!!! Hmmm, I'm a bit scared of eating fish. Some fishies make me stink I think, salmon especially - gutted because I like it. I liked dairy too - CHEESE, I daren't eat that now. Sigh :-)
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

People who don't like fish or seafood can also get iodine from seaweed. The Japanese put it in a lot of their dishes, like sushi and miso soup. It's also good to use sea salt for cooking instead of regular salt.

I've recently started adding 5 drops of Lugol's iodine to my water pik solution before irrigating the gums. The theory is this will help reverse the gum disease which may be contributing to my bb.

What surprised me is that a long-standing problem with dry patches of skin on my hands cleared up after I started using the iodine for a few days. I did some research and found that dry patches of skin can be a symptom of an under-active thyroid. The small amount of iodine I'm absorbing may be raising the thyroid activity. Even if this doesn't cure the bb, I'm going to keep using iodine for that reason alone.

The bb got worse the same year (2006) that the dry skin started so they may be related. Lack of iodine is also linked to low stomach acidity, which some people here have found to be linked to bb.
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

People who don't like fish or seafood can also get iodine from seaweed. The Japanese put it in a lot of their dishes, like sushi and miso soup. It's also good to use sea salt for cooking instead of regular salt.

I've recently started adding 5 drops of Lugol's iodine to my water pik solution before irrigating the gums. The theory is this will help reverse the gum disease which may be contributing to my bb.

What surprised me is that a long-standing problem with dry patches of skin on my hands cleared up after I started using the iodine for a few days. I did some research and found that dry patches of skin can be a symptom of an under-active thyroid. The small amount of iodine I'm absorbing may be raising the thyroid activity. Even if this doesn't cure the bb, I'm going to keep using iodine for that reason alone.

The bb got worse the same year (2006) that the dry skin started so they may be related. Lack of iodine is also linked to low stomach acidity, which some people here have found to be linked to bb.

hope4now , do you think dry skin is related to bad breath ?
because my skin is very dry, i have to put nivea cream every time i wash my hands . it definitly gets worse on the winter .
i remember my family use to make fun of me calling me a sisi any time i would put lotion.
thanks for the post
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

guzler wrote:hope4now , do you think dry skin is related to bad breath ?
because my skin is very dry, i have to put nivea cream every time i wash my hands . it definitly gets worse on the winter .
i remember my family use to make fun of me calling me a sisi any time i would put lotion.
thanks for the post
I was getting more than just normal wintertime dry skin. That usually responds well to running a humidifier. What I had is patches of dry hardened skin on some of my fingers that would last all year long. It would sometimes heal in one place but reappear somewhere else. The skin would usually crack and bleed easily since it wasn't flexible like normal skin. The iodine is the first thing that has started to clear up this condition. I even went to a dermatologist about it.

I'm hoping the iodine will also help the bb problem, since it's anti-bacterial and anti-fungal (it helps eliminate candida). I think iodine deficiency could be a common denominator in a lot of ailments that seem at first to be unrelated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic