Your Email Address:

First Name:

Very interesting post I found about a man's BB

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
TeamZissou
Advanced

Very interesting post I found about a man's BB

Post by TeamZissou »

This guy had BB for two years that smelled like mothballs. He went to dentists, doctors, had numerous tests done, and no one could find anything wrong with him.

He was eventually cured with a strong dose of an antibiotic, despite having tried to treat himself with them previously. He had a low-grade sinus infection for TWO YEARS.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/306600

Check out the last post in the thread with his story.

meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

my nose fart was cured with tonsillectomy and stilll is
I wondered if this was my case too.I recently had a sinus infextion and I realized it was the same smell when I had pemanat nose fart. I thought, wow, could I have had a mild infectio all along.
Iv recently got another one. I started antibiotics friday and I feel improved breath wise but I dont want to jump to conclusion anymore. The smell came back from nose with this one too but its gone now. He gave me a strong dose this time 800 and something. Last infection I was only given 300 and something, that was two months ago.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Did you know.. that a typical course of antibiotics (say amoxicillin) is not enough to eradicate helicobacter pylori in the stomach by itself. That's because of the fact that the antibiotics do not have enough potency by the time it reaches the site of infection. Luckily, by taking medication to reduce the production of stomach acid at the same time, this increases the effective potency of the antibiotic allowing it to eradicate the HP.

But.. a high dose of amoxicillin by itself had been shown to be effective by itself.

The trouble is, antibiotics (like most medication) are actually toxic substances (for the liver and kidneys etc) and the dosage has to be set at a safe level to be just effective enough against the infections being treated, but below the danger threshold of toxicity.

Its a similar situation inside the sinuses. Depending on the type of infection and the damage already done to the tissues of the lining if the sinuses depend how difficult it is to eradicate an infection situation there. Also, once a biofilm forms inside the sinuses that makes the task much more difficult.

Read about chronic sinusitis. It can be there quite asymptomatically. ENT's probably realise that some situations require surgery, but if the only complaint is bad breath they wont take it seriously enough and just leave it.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

a temporary fix for the mothball smell was doing a friggy flip turn sinus rinse using baking soda and h20 instead of salt. helped keep the odor down for the nxt morning if done at night.

p.s if youre planning to do this ,,Dont do it in the morning b4 goin to school/work coz youll smmmell like serious poop for about 5 hours
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I agree, the sinu flush can make your worse for awhile.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@ meow and bus,
When you do nasal flushes and irrigations, and it gets worse as you describe, how can the BB be due to anything else other than something bacterial or fungal going on deep up there.

Sinus flushes made no difference to my BB, and now I know because I know the cause was in my mouth. But in many cases of BB, it does have an effect, so there has to be a connection.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

Both meows and my infection started with a bad upper wisdom with a hole that smelled like poop. we left it for too long and the sinus area got affected/infected. we had the tooth removed and the drainage caused infection in tonsils too. tonsils infected + all that bacteria laden fluid probably caused the infection that started in a tooth to spead and leave the immune syst crippled. anything could have attacked us in the remaining state.

meow am sorry for speakin on yo b-half..u can explain on your behalf.

halitosisux ..question for you too...seriously you can pm me if you want but.. ARe YUo CUred/totally bb free???
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

bus, its a long story, but I had one particular impacted wisdom tooth that was creating a pocket at the back of my mouth. My tongue would normally smell so strong that I could smell my own BB.
Once I had the tooth out I was no longer getting the skank discharge from my gum and no more odour buildup on my tongue. My brother who is the one who told me to go get help when I was about 15 tells me that my breath doesnt smell anymore.

I still want to learn everything there is to know about this problem and I still read every post and reply to anything that might help someone.

I'm naturally susceptible to having BB I think, probably because of my own individual bacterial profile. Maybe most people would not have BB if they had exactly the same dental problem that I had.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

ihatethebus wrote:Both meows and my infection started with a bad upper wisdom with a hole that smelled like poop. we left it for too long and the sinus area got affected/infected. we had the tooth removed and the drainage caused infection in tonsils too. tonsils infected + all that bacteria laden fluid probably caused the infection that started in a tooth to spead and leave the immune syst crippled. anything could have attacked us in the remaining state.

meow am sorry for speakin on yo b-half..u can explain on your behalf.

halitosisux ..question for you too...seriously you can pm me if you want but.. ARe YUo CUred/totally bb free???
I hate the bus:
My bb started when I got my wisdom teeth pulled at the age of 18. The dentist did not sew up the hole/gaps.
This girl I worked with for 2 years said my breath smelled of moth balls. Humiliated and embarrassed. Some people are very direct.
Anyway.. what in the hell will fix this???? Am I in the same boat as you probably?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mindyb was that your upper wisdom teeth?
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

ihatthebus your right except mines was a missing filling that fell out. but what you described is exactly what I believe happened to me.
Ive never had wisdom teeth come through. but I have a slight whole right where both should be. I read somewhere that a tooth can still get infecte from that slight hole. I really just dont know anymore. Im ****ing tired o fthis life
Be careful with those dental pics. I got obsessed with cleaning my own teeth with these becaus ei did not have insurenace. I made the filling fall out, it didnt happen on its own
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

meow. i broke of the decayed surface of my tooth with a screwdriver while messing around and exposed smelly tissue that was probably getting more infected as i proked around in an attemp to drain the poop out...real stupid eh

its jus the same process as a tooth filling dropping out. i basically allowed the infection to spread. my left tonsil still has pus in it and my G.P is saying i should leave it if it aint hurting,''thank God it's not your throat''. well thank God for giving me the worst year of my life.

I fixed me myself with the willing help of a doc hu gave me every med i asked for exect fluconazole(said it was TOTAL bullshit and i shud show him at least 2 pipo who said they have been cured by biozole).
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Hey Ihatethebus,
Have you ever coughed up those small white debris that when crushed smells really terrible? I've coughed up a piece, in two instances for the past 2 weeks. Size of a pinhead. Not sure if these are what tonsil stones are, and I don't see any on my tonsils if I look in the mirror. I'm not sure if I cough it up all the time since I wasn't really checking for it regularly.

I also had a problem tooth before, an impacted wisdom tooth and got it removed after about 6 months of having bb. I've also felt that maybe that tooth infected something else, my tonsils or throat; I had an ENT check me, more than a year ago, and he prescribed some antibiotics and spray because of the symptoms I told him (bb, pnd, and some greenish spots on mucus that I spit out). But sadly the meds did not cure the bb. I have since had all my wisdom teeth removed. But I still have the bb, I've had it for more than two years now.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

ya ive had one before. ya those are tonsil stones. they sure up when you have an anaerobic infection. if it also moved to your sinuses then your throat will never get rid of the infection coz even the smallest amount of infected sinus sinus drainage will cause tonsillar infection in both ligual and palatine tonsils.

antibiotics can take even up to 4 weeks to reach the sinus area (prolly even lose effectiveness by then). you have to do friggy flip turn rinses (follow EVERY SINGLE step she mentions). dont use salt tho , use bicarb of soda (baking soda) (not to be confused with baking powder coz ittl give you a yeast infection. do them before going to bed or even 3ce a day if you think your breath couldnt get any worse. pnd will be an issue of the past. dont do this with the hope of getting results coz youll quit.

jus make it a daily routine that will make you feel better. your sinus tissue will repair excellently as you wash out the infected snot and the mothball smell will desipate in weeks (not days).

p.s you dont have to buy a neti pot. jus a 50 cent syringe without a needle will do fine. fill your nose up to the brim, use more water if you have to. the water you shove up your nose while still standing straight should make you will as if youve already bent over in a pool. youlll stop feeling any discomform in a couple o days because inflammation would have been brought down by then. NO sea salt, use bakin soda even for your gargle and brushin=bakin soda. youll smell worse as a sign of the phages and the soda fighting but if you persist youll be okay.
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Hey bus, thanks for the tip. I've opened Friggy's journal; will try out the flush.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic