Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fluconazole - only 1 tablet in the package

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Fluconazole - only 1 tablet in the package

Post by Jimi Stein »

I was just checking local pharmacy and I saw only 1 tablet in the fluconazole box, and it costed like 10$

This is crazy. Is it so potent and so dangerous, is that why they keep only 1 pill in a box?

Killjoy87

Post by Killjoy87 »

I just took that very pill today. Candida is a common condition for woman, and having to take 1 pill is extremely convenient. Though I am a guy so what do I know ;)
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Jimi

Single oral dose is just for Vaginal candidiasis in women

Dosage and Administration in Adults
Single Dose

Vaginal candidiasis: The recommended dosage of DIFLUCAN for vaginal candidiasis is 150 mg as a single oral dose.
Multiple Dose

SINCE ORAL ABSORPTION IS RAPID AND ALMOST COMPLETE, THE DAILY DOSE OF DIFLUCAN (FLUCONAZOLE) IS THE SAME FOR ORAL (TABLETS AND SUSPENSION) AND INTRAVENOUS ADMINISTRATION. In general, a loading dose of twice the daily dose is recommended on the first day of therapy to result in plasma concentrations close to steady-state by the second day of therapy.

The daily dose of DIFLUCAN for the treatment of infections other than vaginal candidiasis should be based on the infecting organism and the patient's response to therapy. Treatment should be continued until clinical parameters or laboratory tests indicate that active fungal infection has subsided. An inadequate period of treatment may lead to recurrence of active infection. Patients with AIDS and cryptococcal meningitis or recurrent oropharyngeal candidiasis usually require maintenance therapy to prevent relapse.

Oropharyngeal candidiasis: The recommended dosage of DIFLUCAN for oropharyngeal candidiasis is 200 mg on the first day, followed by 100 mg once daily. Clinical evidence of oropharyngeal candidiasis generally resolves within several days, but treatment should be continued for at least 2 weeks to decrease the likelihood of relapse.

Esophageal candidiasis: The recommended dosage of DIFLUCAN for esophageal candidiasis is 200 mg on the first day, followed by 100 mg once daily. Doses up to 400 mg/day may be used, based on medical judgment of the patient's response to therapy. Patients with esophageal candidiasis should be treated for a minimum of three weeks and for at least two weeks following resolution of symptoms.

Systemic Candida infections: For systemic Candida infections including candidemia, disseminated candidiasis, and pneumonia, optimal therapeutic dosage and duration of therapy have not been established. In open, noncomparative studies of small numbers of patients, doses of up to 400 mg daily have been used
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

You're right sadman, a single dose of Fluconazole is used to treat vaginal yeast infections in women. It has nothing to do with the strength or potency of the medication. Jimi is just fear mongering again so don't pay him too much attention. I learned to tune him out a long time ago... Anyway, not even sure where he saw that price because $10 for 1 Fluconazole tablet is insane. I've only ever heard of it costing that much in Western countries like the U.S. or the U.K.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

does it work for bb?
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

hopelessone wrote:does it work for bb?
It would work if your BB is caused by either a Candida infection or overgrowth. If your BB isn't caused by a Candida infection or overgrowth then it wouldn't work for you.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

i think i'm going to try it anyway. I don't know what's causing the bb...i just wanna cover all bases.

thanks for the info and your generous responses. O:)
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

KeepTrying09 wrote:You're right sadman, a single dose of Fluconazole is used to treat vaginal yeast infections in women. It has nothing to do with the strength or potency of the medication. Jimi is just fear mongering again so don't pay him too much attention. I learned to tune him out a long time ago... Anyway, not even sure where he saw that price because $10 for 1 Fluconazole tablet is insane. I've only ever heard of it costing that much in Western countries like the U.S. or the U.K.
You are really making me angry now, can't you show some respect, I let you deal your drugs here, I just ask, is it so hard to answer politely or just ignore.

It is like you are a ****ing king on this board and I am just administrator. Keep your shit together, people are sending me PM to ban you so don't play games. At least you should show some respect and show your ass on a meeting in Bangkok when I was there, but you are just an ass.

I let you strive here because of other people but don't try me. And don't ****ing imagine and plots about you, because that is just silly.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

jus press the mother fuckin button n end this bullshit
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Jimi could you please tell us what your problem is.
It's getting really annoying right now. You can't make people buy or not buy antibiotics or antifungals so just get over it. Most people on this board are adults who make their own decision. Just let it go.
We know you started this site. This thing between you and keeptrying is getting old.Seriously, Keeptrying maybe it's better to just stop fighting, because i don't know what to think of you either.
You've been cured a while ago and your still on this board everyday.
I understand that you interested in this whole BB thing and what is causing it, but don't you have better things to do
I appreciate it though :P
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This is totally crazy. And how many people were cured in the end from taking these antifungals?

If anyone had esophegeal candidiasis they'd usually have symptoms like chronic cough and painful swallowing and usually be immunosuppressed or have HIV or taking meds like omeprazole for a long period of time - so a doctor would have no issues with dealing with this the correct way.

Well, at least those who tried fluconazole now know that their BB has nothing to do with any opportunistic candida infection and dont need to torture themselves with nonsensical candida diets.
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Just my 2 cents:

While KT does a great thing to allow people purchase the antifungal at such a lower cost, and we are all adults to make our decision on whether candida might be of an issue, Jimi is not the one to initiate this feud - just go through the thread. Let's not forget he has been paying for us to be chatting here for so long. Who would not be somewhat displeased with a comment like this "Jimi is just fear mongering again so don't pay him too much attention. I learned to tune him out a long time ago" ? That comment was the origin of this, and there was no need for it.

Though I disagree on the topic of "nonsense candida diets". Changing eating habits do help, and whoever is choosing to eat whatever and continuing to complain about their BB, is kidding themselves and doing themselves a disfavor.
Nature did not provide us with "cokes, pepsi's, high fructose corn syrups, hydrogenated oils and such", we people created all those poisons. It's all about choices.

Jimi, have you ever considered candida to be a problem for your BB, tried any antifungals?
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Jimi wrote:You are really making me angry now
It doesn't really take much to get you angry apparently.
Jimi wrote:can't you show some respect
Respect is something you earn, it's not given freely. You've done nothing to earn my respect. In fact you've been hostile towards me ever since I joined your forum. So no, I don't really have any respect for you. Pity would be a more proper adjective because I just feel sorry that you have no idea how to communicate with people.
Jimi wrote:I let you deal your drugs here, I just ask, is it so hard to answer politely or just ignore
I don't deal drugs. I am not a drug dealer. You're being overly dramatic.

Besides, you don't let me mention anything about offering medications here anymore remember? Ever since you told me to stop I haven't been.

And no, you didn't just ask, there was a point to your post. You told me once in a private message that you are so skilled at computers and internet marketing. It amazes me then that you were unable to do a google search on "single dose fluconazole" to find your answer.
Jimi wrote:It is like you are a ****ing king on this board and I am just administrator.
I'm not a king, just another forum member. If you see me as a king then that's your viewpoint not mine.
Jimi wrote:Keep your shit together, people are sending me PM to ban you so don't play games.
I highly doubt that.
Jimi wrote:At least you should show some respect and show your ass on a meeting in Bangkok when I was there, but you are just an ass.
I already met one of the forum members. You know, one that doesn't curse me out and tell me i'm a fu****** idiot or an ass. It was a real pleasure meeting him. He was delightful. Something tells me you would not be.
Jimi wrote:I let you strive here because of other people but don't try me. And don't ****ing imagine and plots about you, because that is just silly.
You can ban me anytime you want. Delete all my posts while you're at it. I'm sure the majority of your forum members will understand and love you for it.
ihatethebus wrote:jus press the mother fuckin button n end this bullshit
LOL, you and Jimi share a liking of certain colorful phrases. You're a new member ihatethebus. You joined the forum way after the disagreements between me and Jimi died down. What makes you so quick to pick a side?
billie wrote:This thing between you and keeptrying is getting old.Seriously
You're right about that, it is getting rather old.
billie wrote:Keeptrying maybe it's better to just stop fighting, because i don't know what to think of you either. You've been cured a while ago and your still on this board everyday.
I understand that you interested in this whole BB thing and what is causing it, but don't you have better things to do. I appreciate it though :P
Well, I don't think i'm the only one who is cured that still visits this forum. I don't think this forum is solely for only those people who still suffer from bad breath. You've got Halitosisux and Aydinmur who come here quite often to share their views and experiences, and I believe they don't have bad breath either.

LOL, but i'm not on the forum everyday anymore. More like twice a week. Just to pop in and see what's going on.
halitosisux wrote:This is totally crazy. And how many people were cured in the end from taking these antifungals?
That's something no one will ever know because I have no idea how many people on this planet have tried antifungals to try and cure bad breath. If the doctor hadn't found out that I had a Candida infection in my esophagus, I imagine I would continue to not know what the cause was. It's important to remember, antifungals are not cures for bad breath, they are a cure for fungal/yeast infections. It's only if a person's bad breath is caused by these infections/overgrowths that the antifungals would help.
halitosisux wrote:If anyone had esophegeal candidiasis they'd usually have symptoms like chronic cough and painful swallowing
Not true at all. I had neither of those symptoms.
halitosisux wrote:and usually be immunosuppressed or have HIV or taking meds like omeprazole for a long period of time
Again, not true. I am neither HIV positive, nor am I immunosuppressed. My immune system reacts normally to Candida as was discovered when I did the allergy test (see my original post). And I took omeprazole, but never for long periods of time. More like a few weeks at best.
halitosisux wrote:Well, at least those who tried fluconazole now know that their BB has nothing to do with any opportunistic candida infection and dont need to torture themselves with nonsensical candida diets.
Agreed. I think Candida diets are silly and way to strict. If a person took Fluconazole and their bad breath didn't clear up, then it's safe to say that Candida is not the cause of the bad breath.
stressedout wrote:Jimi is not the one to initiate this feud. Who would not be somewhat displeased with a comment like this "Jimi is just fear mongering again so don't pay him too much attention. I learned to tune him out a long time ago"
I'll give you that one. I could have refrained from my comment. But there was a reason for it. Jimi was being overly dramatic, and given the fact he has clearly stated he thinks Fluconazole is this dangerous killer medication that will kill any and everyone who takes it, then I took his post at face value and called it as I saw it.
stressedout wrote:Let's not forget he has been paying for us to be chatting here for so long.
Yes, but not nearly as much as he's quoted everyone. I think most people probably know that already though.
stressedout wrote:Though I disagree on the topic of "nonsense candida diets". Changing eating habits do help, and whoever is choosing to eat whatever and continuing to complain about their BB, is kidding themselves and doing themselves a disfavor.
Nature did not provide us with "cokes, pepsi's, high fructose corn syrups, hydrogenated oils and such", we people created all those poisons. It's all about choices.
Amen!
stressedout wrote:Jimi, have you ever considered candida to be a problem for your BB, tried any antifungals?
I'd love to know the answer to that too actually.
Last edited by KeepTrying09 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
realbad
Junior

Post by realbad »

lol keeptryin went in on this one...guys hear me out..u need to squash this beef rite now..we all understand both of you are here for the same reason which is to help people find a cure for this disease. but arguing in this forum wont do no good...lets get back to the cure..
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

ok but dont blame me if that perv kill somebody with his drugs

suck an idiot, he thinks i created people myself to criticize him, he thinks I am the only one who don't like him.

What an idiot. Do you think i have time to create new profiles and post shit about him. He thinks he is so important. Idiot. Clearly people are fed up with him because 99% of them took the drugs, got possible sideeffects for life with no success.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic