Your Email Address:

First Name:

Question for sputnik or anybody whos willing to listen

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bbforever
Total Newbie

Question for sputnik or anybody whos willing to listen

Post by bbforever »

Hi sputnik,

Tried to msg you but it didn't go thru

I have been using baking soda and salt with peroxide to brush my teeth and gargle with peroxide mixed with water like you recommanded and It was working for me, For the whole week, my tongue was pink and my breath was very fresh,

After a week later, it doesn't seem to work any more. My gums and cheeks get irritated when I brushed and my tongue get white coating on it again. I tried everyting to get the coating off, but notjing seems to work.

Should I continue with the it because I read somewhere long term use of baking soda will cuase sensitivily and receeding of the gums.

Please help, im so confused at this point and don't know what to do.

ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

doesnt last too long...you have to take cayyenne and white vinegar dilued in h20 for a couple o days and youll ''reset''. you can then go back to the soda
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

In my opinion peroxide just dries out the mouth, and gives an unpleasant taste.
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

Hi BBforever,

Do you have any type of gum disease or plaque build up under the gum line? Because if you do, HP will burn. Add salt and baking soda and it will become truly painful. That's what happened to me when I first started (2yrs ago), but things got better after going to the dentist for a thorough clean.

I have been using baking soda/salt and peroxide as toothpaste from day one and my gums have never been healthier and have not developed any sensitivities whatsoever. I've even been mouthwashing with pure 3% hp for the past couple months and have had pretty good results.

For the tongue coating, did you try the orabrush? You should also try using zinc chloride on your tongue see if it has an effect on the coating. I read a post a couple of weeks ago about tongue coating being a consequence of intestinal problems. You may want to check that out as well.

@ihatethebus

Cayenne and white vinegar diluted in water? Do you mind being a little more precise on this. How much cayenne is to be used and how much/ what type of vinegar into what volume of water.

Thanks
bbforever
Total Newbie

Post by bbforever »

sputnik,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know, I have pretty healthty gums. I just had a six month check up last couple of weeks and got a through deep cleaning so my gums are pretty hearlthy. I was told that I hardly had any plagues build up.

When I said irritated, its more like a burning sensation of the salt(I think) coz I used sea salt instead of table salt..does it matter?

I did buy an orabrush about the same time I started the regimen and it worked wonders (i was sooo happy, the combindation worked like a miracle) until a week later, not even an orabrush can tackle the tongue coating.

I don't think I have stomach problems, at least I can't feel anything so I have never had that checked, but will look into it.

For ihatethebus,

Like sputnik said, would you please tell me exactly how to use the cayenne and vinegar in more details, i would like to give it a try.

Thanks guys for everything
bbforever
Total Newbie

Post by bbforever »

stressedout,

You're right about peroxide gives an unpleasant taste, for me it lingers all day, especially in the morning. I didn't mind it as long as it works, but I heard that you can use tea tree oil instead of peroxide....
Any body has comments or opinions on this??
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

I dont know if peroxide or tea tree oil do more good or harm in the long term, i dont like using neither as the strong taste lasts too long and dries the mouth. I am still not quite sure if we need any mouth washes at all. I use baking soda or peppermint oil sometimes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic