Your Email Address:

First Name:

How to get rid of your Halitosis Locally.(life changing)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Ruben wrote: As far as your hygienist not wearing a mask, well, you seem to be lucky. Last time i went to the dentist for teeth cleaning, i was treated like crap because of my bb. Its like she cut the normal cleaning procedure in half, because she couldn't stand the bb. After she left, the room one person after another came into the room. (its like she told the whole staff how bad my bb was, because the idiots kept coming in one after the other pretending to do small talk, but i know what was going on.,
As long as we think we have BB, then our lives are spent going around convincing ourselves that this is truly the case. That paragraph is a perfect example.

stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Agree! Why do we choose to think we are cursed? Paranoia plays a big role! That is the main reason I got pissed off at you bus (ok ok, off and over the issue) I do recognize that some suffer from stronger intensity than others at a given monent, but we arent different from people who we think are making fun of us, they have same mouths, tongues, nasal issues, infections etc. Sure there can be a medical problem at one or another point in life, but i refuse to believe it lasts a lifetime if all precautions and self care are done. Or there can't be life at all with such mentality.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It all stems from basic human instincts. Most people struggle to even say the words BAD BREATH because its such a cringeworthy subject, and that's even if you've never been a sufferer.
For anyone who cares about how they are perceived by others, having BB is the ultimate. This problem gives the very worst impression to others, and we know it. It implies that we are diseased or are incapable of looking after ourselves etc. No wonder we become paranoid and deluded.
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Too bad people made it such a taboo. Wouldnt it be easier to live and be helped if it was more freely discussed as a human condition that most likely have nothing to do with hygene nor genetics. Problem is when someone hasnt dealt with it and encounters someone who does, they automatically attribute it to the worst rather than something we all might have to deal with once the body system gets messed up. But people "exclude" the sufferer right away thinking "no that will never be me, he/she isnt clean" B S!
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

halitosisux wrote:
Ruben wrote: As far as your hygienist not wearing a mask, well, you seem to be lucky. Last time i went to the dentist for teeth cleaning, i was treated like crap because of my bb. Its like she cut the normal cleaning procedure in half, because she couldn't stand the bb. After she left, the room one person after another came into the room. (its like she told the whole staff how bad my bb was, because the idiots kept coming in one after the other pretending to do small talk, but i know what was going on.,
As long as we think we have BB, then our lives are spent going around convincing ourselves that this is truly the case. That paragraph is a perfect example.
i don't Think i have BB, I had it, and i was not paranoid, that was not my first time going to that dentist. The first time wasn't that bad, but by the time i got there a 3rd my BB had gotten worse, (mostly likely due to fact that i had been taking antibiotics to get rid of the bb, which makes it worse if the pathogen becomes resistant) Normally secretaries don't walk into your Spot to make small talk, with the procedure i described, thank God its gone, but it was hell. I actually lost a Job because of this thing, and top of that i missed out on another job were they were pratically hiring anyone, because of this issue. I don't think i'm being paranoid. Sometimes i would forget i had BB until i get reaction from people.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

My tonsils are gone since last year, and there's no place for that crap to hide... but my mouth still smells like a fresh fart with a turd close behind.

So.. even if it's just for my personal checklist, I'm confirming that this isn't my problem.

Hope it helps others though... When I did have my tonsils, those stones were the nastiest things ever created by an organism.
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Hi mike987
I read your story, i really hope you find your way around it soon, there gotta be a way! How do you know your mouth still smells after tonsils removed, is it only from reactions?

Don't give up, try other things, more fundamental that could be the cause, not talking about gargles, they cant be a cure! Clean mouth with no smell should be so without any chemical gargles. What cause are you concentrating on now? Keep strong.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@stressedout, I agree. The trouble is BB is usually due to dental causes. BB caused by any other reason is quite rare. So when someone smells BB, they automatically assume its lack of oral hygiene. Not many people are gonna know what TMAU is for example, or of the systemic illnesses that can cause BB.

@ruben, sorry to have used your particular example there, but I meant it generally speaking. Your hygienist could have cut her cleaning procedure in half simply because it was all that was required - and do you really think that your BB would cause one curious person after another to come into the room to observe how bad your odours were?

The way you described it all, its as if your mind was convinced and you were just making everything that was happening around you fit in with the conviction.
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

I dunno, I guess none of us can do, but Ruben's story resonates with me. I know it's important to be aware that one's BB problem brings with it a certain amount of paranoia, of halitophobia and that is certainly the case with me. However, although I put 2 and 2 together and make 5 sometimes, for the most part I'm sure that I know by peoples reactions whether I smell bad or not.... I just don't know from their reactions whether I smell more or less bad on one day compared to another.
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

halitosisux wrote:@stressedout, I agree. The trouble is BB is usually due to dental causes. BB caused by any other reason is quite rare. So when someone smells BB, they automatically assume its lack of oral hygiene. Not many people are gonna know what TMAU is for example, or of the systemic illnesses that can cause BB.

@ruben, sorry to have used your particular example there, but I meant it generally speaking. Your hygienist could have cut her cleaning procedure in half simply because it was all that was required - and do you really think that your BB would cause one curious person after another to come into the room to observe how bad your odours were?

The way you described it all, its as if your mind was convinced and you were just making everything that was happening around you fit in with the conviction.
She kept on saying how neat my teeth already where, when it had been 1&1/2 years since i'd been there, also consider how plaque form on our teeth those of us who are bb sufferers.. Look i really don't blame lady, even though i was angry at the time., it is really hard to stand that fact that 'poop" is coming out of someones mouth, and doesn't want to be rude

She was even better that the main dentist there when i went for an extraction. The guy was acting like a fool, LOL, i cant even describe his recoiling, you have to see it to believe it.
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Hi Ruben. I just tried poking behind the flap you pointed out, and I did get a very bad smell! I tried this a couple of days ago using a bent cotton bud but did not see nor smell anything different so I just ignored it. Today, while using my waterpik, I thought of checking again the flap with the pik head (which has a slight L shape).

So I got the bad smell, similar to the smell of those small white stuff I coughed out a few weeks ago. I then poked some more; it's not that deep, but I then got some gunk that smelled terribly! The gag reflex was also so strong that I coughed out more of those gunk. There was also some bleeding; but not as scary as what one would picture upon reading your post saying 5-8 days of bleeding. It was similar to what is spit out when you go for gum cleaning with the dentist.

I have not tried brushing it yet, I still don't have that electric round-headed brush; I'll buy one this weekend. I then just gargled some listerine then water after.

The crap I dug out was really surprising. Any idea what caused this in the first place? Do you think this is not just a by-product of a problem somewhere else? I think we might have the same cause of bb since you and I got this result from your method while other people did not. Also I still have my tonsils too.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your method. I will be doing this regularly. I think this would definitely help me with lessening the odour, if I keep that area clean. By the way, how are you now? Breath still okay?

Thanks again.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

bad day1 wrote:Hi Ruben. I just tried poking behind the flap you pointed out, and I did get a very bad smell! I tried this a couple of days ago using a bent cotton bud but did not see nor smell anything different so I just ignored it. Today, while using my waterpik, I thought of checking again the flap with the pik head (which has a slight L shape).

So I got the bad smell, similar to the smell of those small white stuff I coughed out a few weeks ago. I then poked some more; it's not that deep, but I then got some gunk that smelled terribly! The gag reflex was also so strong that I coughed out more of those gunk. There was also some bleeding; but not as scary as what one would picture upon reading your post saying 5-8 days of bleeding. It was similar to what is spit out when you go for gum cleaning with the dentist.

I have not tried brushing it yet, I still don't have that electric round-headed brush; I'll buy one this weekend. I then just gargled some listerine then water after.

The crap I dug out was really surprising. Any idea what caused this in the first place? Do you think this is not just a by-product of a problem somewhere else? I think we might have the same cause of bb since you and I got this result from your method while other people did not. Also I still have my tonsils too.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your method. I will be doing this regularly. I think this would definitely help me with lessening the odour, if I keep that area clean. By the way, how are you now? Breath still okay?

Thanks again.

That gunk is probably a lot of things:

- Mucus
- Dead skin cells
- Food
- anything that may be in your mouth will probably get stuck back there.. as long as you have those crypts, those buggers will persist. I dug them out with cotton swabs for years, but now that my tonsils are gone, I haven't seen a single 'stone' since, nor have I sensed that all too familiar smell of those nasty things.

Surely, having your tonsils out is in your best interest.... my doubt exists in the possibility that in addition to making nasty bacteria balls, the tonsil crypts also might be the only place in the mouth that can sustain any good bacteria.... But I have no evidence for this claim... it's just speculation.

My recommendation is to get your tonsils out.. I had like 3 or so flaps and a half inch cavity in each tonsil... nasty crap, my friend.

For the record, I still have BB, but if anything, having them out has been an improvement.. If just so I didn't have to labor twice a day in removing those nasty ****ers.
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Hi mike. Thanks a lot for the info. Do you think someone without bb will also have those buggers in there? I'm wondering if I've been having those gunk behind that flap even before I had the bb.

Also, I quite disagree with 'having your tonsils out is in your best interest'. I'm a bit against tonsillectomy as the tonsil has its role in the immune system. Removing it can compromise the system; preserving it will help fight disease in general. This is just my opinion basing on how I feel about my body and my overall condition. I am happy for you that the procedure helped lessen your bb.

I'm not putting tonsillectomy on top of my cure list yet, as right now, for my particular case, I'm not 100% sure it would cure my bb. For now I'll just be patient and allocate time to clean those crypts.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Yeah, perhaps the tonsils do serve an important purpose.. or are they evolutionary left overs? There probably is some function, but in someone like me, they seemed to be defunct. Hah, well it's too late for me anyway. I will say that I've had less sore throats since my tonsils have been out too... Having those garbage collecting nets created a potentially hostile (and extra nasty) environment in my mouth and throat.

You probably did have that gunk before you had BB.. I'm pretty sure I did. so, sure, it's probably not the cause after all...

I think my overactive mucus membranes cause PND, which in turn created more nasty gunk to collect in those crypts than it should...
So simply having cryptic tonsils doesn't seem to be a CAUSE for BB, but it does support it in an undesirable way.

For me, cleaning twice a day was enough to keep the Tonsil Stone taste from returning to my mouth.. If I let it go for 24 hours, I'd begin to get that taste in my throat again. Cleaning for me was pretty basic once I understood the physiological structures and once the gag reflex stopped (it should soon enough as you begin to explore those dank caverns).

Cotton Swab or two for each tonsil.. After I removed the bulk of the gunk, I'd dip the swab tip in a mouthwash and really clean out those pits.

Cleaning twice a day like that, may be the equivalent of having the tonsils removed... I'll admit, I was banking on it as a cure for me, that's why I was eager to have them out. But I agree there's probably some truth to the tonsils having SOME purpose.... But again, for me what is suppose to function properly, doesn't, and that extends to my sinuses and inner ears as well.
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

bad day1 wrote:Hi Ruben. I just tried poking behind the flap you pointed out, and I did get a very bad smell! I tried this a couple of days ago using a bent cotton bud but did not see nor smell anything different so I just ignored it. Today, while using my waterpik, I thought of checking again the flap with the pik head (which has a slight L shape).

Thanks again.
Dude i'm so happy for you. This digusting protozoa or fungi attaches to the wall of you mouth via sporangia, that is why people don't get anything initially. Buy the brush and Buy the Gly-oxide or any gel with 10% carbamide peroxide, you will deliver oxygen to that place and help it detach from the wall of you mouth. You can get it at your local walgreens or online:
http://www.amazon.com/Gly-Oxide-Antisep ... B001ET76DK

As far as my breath. No bad breath from day one, and starting on the 3rd day there was no morning breath. None Zero Zilch. No morning breath, can you imagine that?

I finished my Antibiotic / Flagly regimen 2 days ago. To get it whatever it is out of my blood proper. But you have to physically detach it first, but from you mouth and your sinus.

Again very happy for you.! :D

P.S. i perhaps need to change the wording of that initial post to make it look less scary.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic