Your Email Address:

First Name:

Study Supports Fecal Transplant Success ...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

Study Supports Fecal Transplant Success ...

Post by mike987 »

For Bacterial Infections:

http://news.yahoo.com/poop-transplants- ... 09662.html

Cure rate is close to 100 percent, concerning clostridium difficile infection.
I'm sure it works for other stuff too, including general imbalances.

I want to know, how does one go about requesting such a thing from a Doctor? I suppose you'd have to have such an infection in the first place, and hope you're not going to an antibiotic loving doctor.

I'm also curious, as grotesque as it is, would eating the shit have the same effect, or would the stomach defeat the point and kill all the bacteria before going it got into the intestines..

Also, would eating the shit be extremely dangerous, or would it only result in a stomach ache at worst?

Animals often eat their own shit, or the shit of others.. If it's that easy to benefit from bacteria in shit, I would do it.. I would eat the shit of others. Disgusting, I know, but I'm revolting enough as it is.

Can you imagine having breakfast and with it, a small side of shit, on a little standing glass for sundaes, complete with tiny spoon?

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

My guess is that eating shit, even if it did manage to get past your stomach intact, could contaminate parts of your intestine where the types of bacteria from the colon normally do not inhabit. That could lead to problems like SIBO. And without doing such things in a very controlled setting, where patients are properly screened for hepatitis etc, would be extremely risky.

The fact that these studies show what's possible in very serious colon infections, gives good hope for treating many other "less serious" problems like those responsible for odour, especially secondary TMAU.

In future it might be possible to buy capsules of probiotic "shit" that you pop in your ass or syringes that you squirt up there yourself.

It CRAZY that something as simple as this has taken so long to be discovered. Wow, no wonder there's so few answers to so many things, and drug companies are making billions. Read about the story of the development of Zantac and the doctor who tried to prove that stomach ulcers are caused by a bacteria - it's shocking.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

I have a weird issue in my mind, I think this topic is appropriate. In the past, probably around the time where my bb has first started, I didn't go to the bathroom when my body told me that I should. I know it's really stupid but somehow I used to hold it in for hours. This went on for months. Do you think this could be related to bad breath?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I vaguely remember a thread on this forum about someone from another forum (german?) curing their BB with fecal transplant but i can't find the post.

I believe this could be our only hope.
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Seems like an interesting procedure. Mike please do not try eating anyone's shit. I don't think eating shit will have the same effect as delivering it directly to someones colon. In any case it could be hard to find a doctor who will do this for you if you do not have this same infection.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

You know you've reached rock bottom when you start eating shit. Lol
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

dayum, this thread made me hungry!
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

HigherThoughts wrote:Seems like an interesting procedure. Mike please do not try eating anyone's shit. I don't think eating shit will have the same effect as delivering it directly to someones colon. In any case it could be hard to find a doctor who will do this for you if you do not have this same infection.
Do bacterial infections take place in the large intestine or the small intestine??

If it really is the colon, couldn't I just push a healthy turd up my butt?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20081895

Some more hopeful news on this development.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@mike, read this:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15113440

Seems quite straightforward to do. I'm not saying anyone should try this. It's just interesting to know that SIBO can't be a risk if they pass it into the stomach like that. Also, there's no mention of any sophisticated processes involved. It's almost straightforward swallowing of a small quantity of liquid containing the filtered bacterial soup while taking stomach acid lowering medication.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

I love you guys but just let this one go...lol. I mean, if your breath already smells like pooh then whatever, but don't mess around and get C.DIFF or some other terrible ailment out of desperation. Seriously, say not to shit!!
deebo

Post by deebo »

Need it be said ? DO Not Eat Shit Friends .
the procedure isn't too complicated but the devil as always is in the details. THis should only be done with a doctor .
those are some good links H-sux . NHS recently shot down our petition to fund tmau research for human probiotic infusion (fecal transplant) . I think many of you members sent out letter to NHS and got replies. WIth that said , there is Lots more Fecal transplant research going on now and in the near future . Check clinicaltrials.gov to see where you can participate
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

NOTANYMORE wrote:I love you guys but just let this one go...lol. Seriously, say not to shit!!
LOL I love the way you put that.
I agree, it's dangerous shit.

But still interesting to see these facts.

Hopefully these important strains of bacteria which are still being discovered, can be isolated and turned into a simple treatment that people can take at home, like they already do with probiotics. Different combinations of bugs for different issues. Even for certain types of acquired TMAU, as deebo has mentioned.

Let's hope that the reason why there's so much caution isn't just because of potential future commercial interests in all of this. That could be a good thing, but not if it's used to protect certain drug industries or the bad breath industry's interests, as has been going on for decades.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It makes you wonder too, that we only know about such harmful overgrowths because of the bad symptoms they cause. Perfectly "healthy" people could have perfectly "healthy" similarly caused overgrowths, resulting only in "harmless" symptoms, such as bad breath.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

viewtopic.php?t=3551&highlight=

Hahaha i can't believe you guys are talking about fecal transplant!!!!! I mentioned it last year in the topic above about stem cells. I just thought it sounded so gross so i just let it go and nobody reacted on it so . I do really think this could help a lot of us. I was reading about people with crohn"s disease and some of them would use their childrens feces or grandchildren (babies). And they did not eat it LOL!!
They would do it with a enema or something. Best is to use maybe young children feces, but then again, do young children have enough good bacteria :?:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic