Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tested Positive for H Pylori

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Happylife
Junior

Tested Positive for H Pylori

Post by Happylife »

Just started taking medication today. Doc prescribed me "PREVPAC" (1.PREVACID 30mg, 2.BIAXIN 500mg, 3.AMOXICILLIN (2) 500 mg). 14 day course.

They tested my blood and urine for Hepititis, H Pylori, Kidney and Liver issues and H Pylori came positive.

Lets see how it goes. Even if we reduce BB by a small perentage, i will be gald. I know there are few posts on H Pylori, i have to go through them to see if i can find any helpful tips.

Take care guys. Love you all.

bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

Good luck happylife, hopefully your bb goes away when you finish taking the meds.
Happylife
Junior

Post by Happylife »

Thank you, bbsux...

I'll be done with my 14 day course by tomorrow morning. I have a doctor appointment again on thrusday.

I think he is gonna test for H Pylori again and then prescribe further medication.

If my H Pylori is cured, then i'll ask him to test me for Candida.
realbad
Junior

Post by realbad »

hey happylife...how long have you been on the treatment. let us know if you still have bad breath....thanks..
Happylife
Junior

Post by Happylife »

I think there is no much noticable improvement in my BB after 14 days of treatment with PrevPac. Good thing is my stomach is feeling better.

Summary of my Doctor's appointment today...

Dr: Do you think HPylori treatment helped your halitosis?

Me: Nope but, my stomach is feeling better.

Dr: Since you said you took lot of Antibiotics in the early childhood, it could be possible that you have Fungal infection in lower intestines and may be at few different places. Do you like, if i keep you on AntiFungals for 2 weeks? ( I told him that i used lot of Antibiotics for around 14 years to treat my Asthma and Bronchitis)

Me: I would like to try AntiFungals.

Dr: Let us see if AntiFungals helps your halitosis. I will prescribe Fluconazole, 14 day course, 2 caps on 1st day and then 1 each day for remaining 13 days.

Me: SoundsGood. I heard that, in some countries it is over the counter medicine.

Dr: I'm not surprised to hear that because we use that medicine a lot here mostly to treat these kind of Fungal infections. It is hard to prove that someone has 'Candidiasis' infection but, based on your medical history and your symptoms, it is more likely that you have Fungal Infection.re.

Me: Are you going to do some more tests to see if i'm cured from H Pylori?

Dr: Nope, If i test it now it will always comes positive. Let us see if your stomach pain comes back after one month and then we can go further.

Me: Cool.

Dr: Hopefully AntiFungals should take care of your Halitosis. See me after one month, let us see how your body responds to Anti Fungals and then we can take it from there.

Me: Thank You. I'll cya after a month.

I like his approach to my problem. I need to get the Flucanzole from Walgreens. I'll start taking the drugs from today. 'll keep you posted guys. Thanks for reading and good luck.
hope10

Post by hope10 »

How many milligrams of fluconazole did your dr prescribe you? Good luck in your treatment .
hope10

Post by hope10 »

How many milligrams of fluconazole did your dr prescribe you? Good luck in your treatment .
Happylife
Junior

Post by Happylife »

It is 100 mg .. Those pills are very small, lite pink in color.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic