Your Email Address:

First Name:

i got something to share

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
realbad
Junior

i got something to share

Post by realbad »

a year ago i had a endoscopy...

and the doctors said i have a J shaped stomach...i guess that kinda delays the empyting of the stomach...maybe thats the reason why...

thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

Interesting, why don't you post what you found about the J shaped stomach?
It would be didactic for us.
john
Junior

Post by john »

next week i will gett a gatroscopy.
i will ask the doctor if he can make some pictures or a video so i can post it here.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Realbad,
Don't pay attention to the doctor. Doctors say a lot of stupid things. First of all, if doctors could cure bad breath, there wouldn't be any. And secondly, isn't everyone's stomach "J" shaped? Would you expect a stomach to be shaped like a "K" or an "M"???
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

lol, true phantasist. And is there any evidence that has connected anyone's J-shaped stomach to BB? Looking at diagrams of the stomach too, its usually shown as being J-shaped.
realbad
Junior

Post by realbad »

YES i understand that the stomach is J shaped...u have to understand that the stomach is connected to the small intestine which drains out the stomach mine cant because it is J shaped. therefore food can be in my stomach rotting for a long time....
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

During an upper GI for a different issue the doctor said that I also have delayed gastric emptying. Wouldn't be surprised if that played some role.

I doubt the smell actually comes from food "rotting" in your stomach though. The pH in the stomach is very low because of all the acid. I don't think there's much bacterial breakdown of food in the stomach itself.

But I do think it could be a contributor to things like reflux, and just general abnormalities in digestion in general. Those things could probably contribute to BB.
realbad
Junior

Post by realbad »

yes exactly so...how did the doctor treat ur delayed stomach emptying problem? any medications? do u still have bad breath?
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

There aren't really a ton of treatments for it I don't think. You can make changes to your diet, like eating smaller meals and drinking more water while eating, etc. I also tried a medication called Reglan which is supposed to help with stomach function. I had to stop it after a week though, because it made me very fatigued, which is a side effect in some people.

So yeah, I still have the problem as far as I know, and I still have BB.
realbad
Junior

Post by realbad »

so while you were on reglan....did u notice any changes in your breath?
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

My mouth did feel cleaner and I felt less symptoms of reflux, but it could have been in my head, who knows.

I don't think I was on it long enough to know the full impacts though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic