Your Email Address:

First Name:

periodontitis

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
qwerty

periodontitis

Post by qwerty »

i have another question

is it possible that a periodontal disease could also cause a nasal odor???

ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

Yup proper poop odor. Even a permanent food trap b2win teeth cn cause a pungeant odor.
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

aside from my impacted teeth, i notice that my teeth seems to be loose and deep pockets between my teeth and the gums. i cant even smell anything from my mouth

i thought this was a normal finding because 2 years ago i went to a dentist for check-up, the dentist told me that theres nothing wrong with my gums, he also said that "you have strong teeth, you might have inherited it from you father"

sorry w/ my english :oops:
bbsmells

Post by bbsmells »

qwerty wrote:aside from my impacted teeth, i notice that my teeth seems to be loose and deep pockets between my teeth and the gums. i cant even smell anything from my mouth

i thought this was a normal finding because 2 years ago i went to a dentist for check-up, the dentist told me that theres nothing wrong with my gums, he also said that "you have strong teeth, you might have inherited it from you father"

sorry w/ my english :oops:
qwerty i have the same problem!!! i told my dentist i thought i had gum problems but she dismissed it! my teeth are loose and bleed when i floss. i also have cavities. i am sure this is the cause of my bb!! i just don't know what to do! i read about procedures called grafting and scaling. it's like a deep gum cleaning. have you tried it?
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

from what i know if your gums do bleed when flossing its a sign that the gums are inflamed.
you should not wait taking action on it.
the gums become inflamed due to bacteria. bacteria collects in plague or dental calculus. inflamed gums "move" back and bueild gum pockets, thats why your teeth become loose. if you dont take action you might lose teeth.

its highly recommended that you get the dental calculus removed by a dentist because one is not able to remove all the dental calculus and bacteria (sometimes in the gum pockets) by himself.
i would say if your teeth are already loose you should go for the deep cleaning/scaling stuff you mentioned yourself.

i suggest you to get some chx 0,2% gargle (go for the one without alcohol) to kill some bacteria byyourself and stop the gums from bleeding. do not use the chx for a longer period of time, just a few days might be enough to stop the bleeding, because chx was not made for permanent use and might cause the bacteria to become resistent and so on, so just use it for a real short period of time.
i did use meridol med chx 0,2%, not sure if there are any differences.
use it 30 minutes after brushing teeth because it s effect is influenced by your toothpaste.

get some pure xylitol. it does help with gum problems too (google it)

leatr n how to brush your teeth correctly. yi suggest you to google for it, its important.

dont stop flossing and using interdental brushes eventhough its bleeding, be gentle, but go on flossing to get rid of the bacteria you can reach with the floss.

maybe you should think about a new dentist if he doesnt take your problems serious.

good luck!
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

i just went to a dental clinic this morning, i had a standard cleaning of my teeth, the doctor checked for any problems, she said everything is normal except the impacted teeth, she also said some of my teeth needs to undergo a procedure. sounds like a "PASTA"? because it may lead to a further desctuction of my teeth
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

qwerty wrote:i just went to a dental clinic this morning, i had a standard cleaning of my teeth, the doctor checked for any problems, she said everything is normal except the impacted teeth, she also said some of my teeth needs to undergo a procedure. sounds like a "PASTA"? because it may lead to a further desctuction of my teeth
good choice to let a clinic check your teeth.
good luck on further procedurs suggested by the dentist, eventhough im not sure what the procedure is about.
i would suggest to you to consider some of the things i posted as worth thinking about.
i heard great things about the xylitol and it does make sense to me though xylitol is something some mouthwashes are based on mainly that dentist say are usefull.

bleeding gums should be taken as an alert sign to go and take actions maybe like i suggested. im no dentist but had problems with my gums too and did read very much about treatment for it. i am highly interested in this topic and just want to share info.
aydinmur
God

Re: periodontitis

Post by aydinmur »

qwerty wrote:i have another question
is it possible that a periodontal disease could also cause a nasal odor???
According to some publications , Its doubtful periodontitis may cause halitosis. (Bosy A, 1994), (Rosenberg M, 1991). There is poor correlation between pocket depth and VSC level, but gingivitis and VSC level.

Personally, I see some type 1 patients who suffer from halitosis, they have good oral hygen but moderate gingivitis. Their halitometer readings over 200-300 ppb. On the other hand, there are some people who never clean their teeth within years but they dont have halitosis (<100 ppb) despite hard periodontal disease, teeth mobility, deep pockets (>6mm), gingival bleeding / recession present.

My opinion is type 1 halitosis is not as simple as can be explained with periodontal disease alone. Many complex mechanisms operate background.

Does periodontal disease cause type 2 halitosis? mostly not.

- Murat Aydin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic